List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't comment other than to say he was wearing a brace and will have scans on Monday.

Well that doesn’t improve my mood or allay my fears he’s done an ACL

Our really important players just seem to keep breaking

That would be awesome. Hard to win if you miss games, he's missed 3. He's a chance given he was best on for us in a lot of games. Hough is a decent shout though, hasn't done much wrong and played every game.

Guys who have played every game: Hough Williams Cripps Cole Ginbey are all going to be top 10, probably at least 3 of the top 5.
Hough was poor today before getting injured and not so good in a few other games.

I would be very surprised if he won the award and if he did it would reflect the poor year we have had.

Well that doesn’t improve my mood or allay my fears he’s done an ACL

Our really important players just seem to keep breaking

OK, sorry to put a real downer on it, he was in a positive mood and as always it's great to catch up with him. His family are truly lovely, supportive, hard working people as well. Kid might not be a superstar but he's my favourite of the players who I have recommended to go on and be drafted by a club I worked for.

I should also note the club wouldn't let him out and about without a knee brace on because of the injury so it's highly likely precautionary. Right im cooked, ****ing long day and time for bed.

Hough was poor today before getting injured and not so good in a few other games.

I would be very surprised if he won the award and if he did it would reflect the poor year we have had.

Its just the way that the club champs are done, not 3,2,1 votes for best on or anything but every player gets a rating out of 25 or something like that. Every player polls every game, so if you miss anything more than an handful of games it gets pretty hard to win.

Personally I think it should be Waterman then Gov runner up then daylight. But out of the bunch who played every game Hough was probably most consistent. Going to be some melts on here when Bailey Williams comes 3rd and Jamie Cripps has a top 10 showing then gets delisted. [I'd love that particular scenario of course but many variations of a similar theme are possible, and happened last year as well,]

Edit: It's a rating out of 15 sorry, 5 x match committee members rate each player 0-3.

Last edited:
OK, sorry to put a real downer on it, he was in a positive mood and as always it's great to catch up with him. His family are truly lovely, supportive, hard working people as well. Kid might not be a superstar but he's my favourite of the players who I have recommended to go on and be drafted by a club I worked for.

I should also note the club wouldn't let him out and about without a knee brace on because of the injury so it's highly likely precautionary. Right im cooked, ****ing long day and time for bed.

Tell us who's coaching next year before you sober up!

Garcia isnt coming across to have to fight for his spot from day 1, if we have Hutch, Yeo, Kelly, Reid, Hewett, Draper, Peatling/Dev with Chesser and Hall in the WAFL hes not guaranteed a regular midfield spot by any means(im talking 25%+ CBAs).
Garcia, Dev and Peatling are probably all in a similar category, Hutch is in there too if he can show a bit more over a few more games.
Could see us running 2 mids in the forward line to fit all these guys in if this is how we ended up after the trade period.

Carrol would be a good one to get as depth(if a DFA), but I dont think hes as good as the others, he might prefer to chase games at another club.
A lot of unknown here.

FOS/Sid may play next year as a hbf/hff. Hutchinson played a brilliant half in the guts but is that the new coaches plan? Do we get Peatling? The queue of teams lining up is long apparently.

As I said in my original post, Garcia would 100% be best 23 in 2025 without doubt.

With Jack Williams and Archer Reid coming along, should we trade Bailey Williams to Roos who may need him.
Demons have always seemed like the best fit with an aging Gawn and no tall forwards. Hadn’t considered North but not a bad option, Larkey needs support and BW could give a chop out to Xerri. He’s from South East VIC so Saints could look at him too to ease the load on Marshall. It’s a shame he hasn’t had a decent run at playing forward because as a pure ruck there’s not much value there.

There’s still hope though and at least he shows some aggression. In the melee with Freo when Treacy ragdolled a much smaller opponent (Hunt?) onto the ground BW was straight on top of him with a forearm on his throat. We need a bit more of that in our side.

You’re not getting pick 23 for comfortably the worst ruckman in the league..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I can only assume he meant package 23 up with Bailey to get his contract off our hands. Otherwise At absolute best he is a pick around 40.

For some ****ed up reason I still believe in Bailey Williams as a forward.
Bailey could not hit a cow’s arse with a banjo, his forward craft is even more average than his rucking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Demons have always seemed like the best fit with an aging Gawn and no tall forwards. Hadn’t considered North but not a bad option, Larkey needs support and BW could give a chop out to Xerri. He’s from South East VIC so Saints could look at him too to ease the load on Marshall. It’s a shame he hasn’t had a decent run at playing forward because as a pure ruck there’s not much value there.

There’s still hope though and at least he shows some aggression. In the melee with Freo when Treacy ragdolled a much smaller opponent (Hunt?) onto the ground BW was straight on top of him with a forearm on his throat. We need a bit more of that in our side.
I do like Bailey Williams for those reasons, I wouldn't be disappointed if we kept him.

If Melbourne offered 5 and 23 (their approx second rounder) would you take it for waterman and Bailey?

Whilst I have also been a critic of waterman, you would unlikely get a better player than waterman at 5.

“Not be there for next premiership” is a little looking too far ahead. But the time he retires, say 6 years, we would have brought in and kicked out 40-60 other players. Plenty of chances to find a player to win a premiership with.

I am tired of getting smashed, if we are constantly shit, Reid will leave. We need to win plenty of games before we start thinking about premierships.

Its just the way that the club champs are done, not 3,2,1 votes for best on or anything but every player gets a rating out of 25 or something like that. Every player polls every game, so if you miss anything more than an handful of games it gets pretty hard to win.

Personally I think it should be Waterman then Gov runner up then daylight. But out of the bunch who played every game Hough was probably most consistent. Going to be some melts on here when Bailey Williams comes 3rd and Jamie Cripps has a top 10 showing then gets delisted. [I'd love that particular scenario of course but many variations of a similar theme are possible, and happened last year as well,]

Edit: It's a rating out of 15 sorry, 5 x match committee members rate each player 0-3.
Yeo has a very good chance of winning it. He's comfortably leading our coaches votes.

I think bailey has better odds of winning the brownlow than Flynn or barnett have of ever coming good. Bailey deserves to be on our list. If we want another pick in the late 30-40s range, wouldn't the safest bet be to get rid of darling where we have cover in that position?

Whilst I have also been a critic of waterman, you would unlikely get a better player than waterman at 5.

“Not be there for next premiership” is a little looking too far ahead. But the time he retires, say 6 years, we would have brought in and kicked out 40-60 other players. Plenty of chances to find a player to win a premiership with.

I am tired of getting smashed, if we are constantly shit, Reid will leave. We need to win plenty of games before we start thinking about premierships.
It’s all about replacement level players though.

Can we find someone (Reid/J Will) who can give us 75% of what waterman is giving us, but if pick up an AA squad level midfielder with pick 5 they will be an exponential upgrade on the dross we currently have. And midfields are what make a team competitive or not, at afl level.

Our obsession with Bailey Williams rings deeper then our obsessions with Cripps and Darling if you ask me. He is a absolute potato. The AFL has 30+ rucks better then this guy. Lets find one and piss off Jamieson to do it

Barnett goes to full time CHB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back