List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Davis has 4 attributes I like
1. He has a high football IQ that will transition to AFL
2. He is clean - and remember the weather on the weekend was horrid and Leederville had a fair amount of rain
3. He often hits the contest with pace meaning he is quick to get separation
4. He finds the ball and despite being more outside, he both hits the scoreboard and does not shy away from the contest

I would like an early R3 to pick him up. A trade of Petch or Rotham FA that could facilitate the pick would be perfect.
Yeah he's one that I really hope we're looking at closely

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Elliot Yeo this morning said doesn't know for sure Barrass is going , hoping he stays .
Communication at West Coast seems like the carrier pigeon .

Are there any decent wingers in this draft.Wouldnt mind a quality wingman or 2,which I think would really help.

Somebody like Windsor from Melbourne,a player who can run and carry and break the lines,preferably with pace(is that too much to ask for?).
Noobs just posted something about Hamish Davis. He looks like he could do the job.

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Elliot Yeo this morning said doesn't know for sure Barrass is going , hoping he stays .
I cant imagine its standard procedure for the club to discuss trades and list management constantly with the playing group to be fair.

Sounds like Barrass hasnt been at the club for at least a few days either

Honestly what do you expect him to say in that situation other than play a straight bat?

I can't believe anyone would side with Melbourne over Petracca on this.

I can’t believe the biggest Teflon kid in the whole Melbourne saga is Max Gawn. Captain of a club with people with interesting after hours activities, blokes wanting out of long term deals and dubious leaders of the club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to get more than just a first round pick which may blow out further than pick 12. But no doubt the club will bend over and take that and won’t be suprised if we give them something back knowing us

I think it’s important to immediately decide what the deal involves and then melt over it as if it’s already happened.

Saves valuable time.

Do you really expect people to be positive about trades with our history of overpaying for players and selling ourselves short when a player wants to leave?

The latter hasn’t happened too often, at least with top-tier players, and we’ve generally extracted as much as we can. Judd, Ebert (Port were bastards in that one) … hasn’t been too many more?

I have no issues with Tom looking after his own interests at this point.
He wont be around for our next flag.
He is running on a limited timeframe for AFL careers are short and he's 28.
Not to mention his back.

We will get more trade capital which we definitely need.
It now means Hedwards will become a more permanent member of the back 6.

Overall this is good news and it'll be fun to see how our new list manager operates in comparison to the pieman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back