List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:

“While the club respects Tom’s request, he is contracted for another three seasons and our vice-captain.

“We will endeavour to meet Tom’s request while protecting the best interests of the West Coast Eagles.”

I’m glad this part sounds a little bit campaignery.

Last edited:
Good result, won't be there for the next premiership, have youngsters waiting in the wings. Just need to get a couple of highly rated mids in the draft and we'll better in the long term.

Let's not make tom the villian.

In tom's mind he probably thinks him leaving is for the betterment of the club and rebuild.

Which is correct and I'd imagine its probably eagles thinking too.

Does anyone with a straight face think TB staying is for the betterment of the club long term? That's a serious question

The latter hasn’t happened too often, at least with top-tier players, and we’ve generally extracted as much as we can. Judd, Ebert (Port were bastards in that one) … hasn’t been too many more?
Kelly
Rioli
Wellingham
Scott Selwood
Ebert
Brockman (could’ve got him for nothing)

Off the top of my head but I’m sure there’s more, I don’t recall ever walking away feeling like we won or played hard ball like other clubs do, we generally give clubs what they want and accept the bare minimum when clubs want our players

Kelly
Rioli
Wellingham
Scott Selwood
Ebert

Off the top of my head but I’m sure there’s more, I don’t recall ever walking away feeling like we won or played hard ball like other clubs do, we generally give clubs what they want and accept the bare minimum when clubs want our players
How true. We need to be ken tuffer especially when our blokes are still contracted

Kelly
Rioli
Wellingham
Scott Selwood
Ebert

Do you know what “the latter” means? Did you notice I’d bolded a bit of your post? The latter bit?

Kelly, Wellingham and Brockman were traded in not out. And Selwood left as a free agent, we didn’t get a say in what we got back.

Think we did reasonably for Rioli who was well and truly damaged goods. Ebert, as I said, we took it as far as we could with Port who were bastards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“While the club respects Tom’s request, he is contracted for another three seasons and our vice-captain.

“We will endeavour to meet Tom’s request while protecting the best interests of the West Coast Eagles.”

I’m glad this but sounds a little bit campaignery.
I'd say that's standard boiler plate for a contracted player wanting a trade. It will still get done.

I'm sorry, but we're cooked if we're only getting a first rounder in return for one of a handful decent key defenders the league has at the moment with three years left on his deal.
Well it says involves the 1st rounder. Please don't shoot down the clubhouse just yet

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

We havent actually traded him yet guys
Yes but some of our usual suspects believe we have already bent over and not even asked for more so will see us meekly just accept unders and not tried hard enough and not been tough enough and are absolutely sure we will get screwed.

The latter hasn’t happened too often, at least with top-tier players, and we’ve generally extracted as much as we can. Judd, Ebert (Port were bastards in that one) … hasn’t been too many more?
Rioli is the one that stings... pick 40 for him was an absolute joke.

Surely if Hawthorn finish higher than 7th, we will ask for an extra pick.
12 should be the minimum, but ideally we should ask for more anyway.
There will be pick swaps to meet the agreed value. If Hawthorn managed to win the flag, that would be an F3 on points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back