List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:

In a vacuum I'd love Petracca because he's awesome and love watching him, but sadly he's the wrong age and would cost too much for where we are at.

exactly.

i'm not saying petracca is bad but why would we go for an older gun midfielder when we have an old midfield and we are trying to rebuild?

Why not just put in an offer to Pendles while we're at it?

Funny that brothers look alike

brothers GIF

The key word there is "trying" to play those roles. Kosi is clearly better than Brockman and Petch by a long way, and probably better than Ryan especially with the way his body is at the moment.
He's the perfect age to be with us long term, he has the potential to rotate through the midfield.
It's the exact kind of move we should be making to improve the team both long term and short term, obviously as long as it doesn't cost us a ridiculous amount.
I think he's less a potential midfielder but he's certainly a centre square/stoppage player, feels like whenever he is at stoppages/centre square or other, he makes things happen. If he does that then rotates back forward with someone else then moving into the midfield for general play, would be fine.

we need to pay big for a 28 year old midfielder to supplement Kelly (30) and Yeo (30)?

Thats the kicker, again we would not want to overpay and we won't which is why he won't be chased by us.
I was more just answering why you would want him in your team.
I agree he is out of our capabilities to get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yay!! He had Viney, Petracca and Oliver bombing it in all day every day. How is he going to do that at West Coast? We need 20-30 disposal ball movers as a priority.
If we got Peatling, Draper and Graham/Baker added to our midfield, I think we can afford to chase a young forward who fills a need

I think he's less a potential midfielder but he's certainly a centre square/stoppage player, feels like whenever he is at stoppages/centre square or other, he makes things happen. If he does that then rotates back forward with someone else then moving into the midfield for general play, would be fine.
That's what I meant sorry, should have clarified. Rotate him through the centre square in bursts swapping with Ryan and Kelly.

This was the second and final senior WAFL game by Gerreyn with West Perth missing out on finals, so the last opportunity we have to get a look at how he managed the step up to the level. Unfortunately both games were heavily impacted by rain and a very heavy deck, and as a result this wasn't a prolific game by any means but he had some fantastic moments that underlined his talent. He managed to take some nice marks with a greasy ball, and was clean at ground level. Size and strength wise he was certainly not out of place, but there were many times when the veteran Bulldogs defenders would beat him in contests with their craft and savvy.

Would love us to draft him if he's still there later on

Pickett is a 23 year old star who has the potential to be a superstar. If we can contrive to get him with the Barrass Pick 12ish as the centrepiece, you pull the trigger and enjoy the career of your multi AA small forward who provides frenetic pressure (sometimes too much) and 40 goals per year at the feet of Jake and Oscar.

Not sure there's a better small forward in footy beside Toby. Charlie Cameron on career output for sure, but as of 2025? Pickett is seriously, seriously good.

Who's more important tobie or pickett is a tough one.

Tobie fills an important role in backline but will transition to mid successfully.

Right age right player. In 5 years time we will be contending for finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back