Hamill Murray Hinge
Sholl Soligo Dowling
Rachele Walker Taylor
Murphy Fogarty Thilthorpe

ROB Curtin Berry

Keays Bond Laird Nankervis

Sub: Cook

Last edited:

Surely Hamill would be the only one we'd consider rushing back. He hasn't missed as long as the others and they have a lot of dangerous smalls.
Yep. He missed last time, so I think he should come in provided his hand is OK. Interestingly, we had Burgess, Jones, Schoey and Crouch in last time (and we were flogged in clearances) and Tex off early due to injury. So add Dawson and Butts to that list and it's a big change. We have Tex back, TT, Bond, Dowling and Murray* to replace 5 of those. I'd definitely prefer Curtin to replace Dawson, and depending on Murray's fitness and Hawthorn's selections, I'd bring in Hamill or Jones (if they go small), or if they go taller - if Murray not right, then Borlase (who played a very good game against them last time with 11 marks). Note that the I50 count last time was 63 to 41....and Crouch was one of our better mids that day (until injured late) - but I'd still given him a week or so in the twos. Much better balance this time with this line-up I think.

In: Borlase, Curtin, Tex
Out: Butts, Murray, Dawson

I would like to see Cook back in the SANFL to get some better form but Nicksball only supports forced changes after a win. Even if he did, he would go out for McHenry to come in.

If Ryan was playing it would be announced by now.

Assuming all of Murray/Butts/Keays/Dawson are out

In: Walker, Borlase, Worrell, Cook, Curtin, Jones (sub)
Out: Himmelberg, Murray, Butts, Keays, Dawson, Cook (sub)

I’d go Smith for Hamill too, but let’s be honest, that won’t happen

This is similar to what I think. Is Murray definitely out? Might be a rest regardless of whether its serious or not.

Cant play Walker, Berg, RT and Fog, and Berg is the clear drop from that bunch.

We might be blessed by Hawks not having a tall forward line.
Is it just Chol/Koschitzke? Cant recall if they've been playing other talls.

It's a very good point...they have a plethora of quality small forwards which probably exceeds our supply of true lockdown small/med defenders (esp. with Hamill out injured). Unfortunately Smith, Nankervis and Hinge are going to need to match up on some of Watson, Breust, Ginnivan, Moore, Macdonald, Hardwick at various stages...this is definitely Hawthorn's path to victory and potentially their ability to rebound quickly out of defence if we go tall in attack.

Edit: there's possibly cause for a recall for Jones this weekend to address this issue...could see him replacing either Himmelberg or Cook if the selectors wanted to go that way.

Yep. Can see Smith having a big impact on this game with his inability to defend, especially 1 on 1.

Yep. Can see Smith having a big impact on this game with his inability to defend, especially 1 on 1.
Yeah that'll be an eyesore

Even forgetting his form this year, Smith always seems to play poorly against the Hawks - him getting run down at Marvel in 2022 against them lives in my head rent-free

This is similar to what I think. Is Murray definitely out? Might be a rest regardless of whether its serious or not.

Cant play Walker, Berg, RT and Fog, and Berg is the clear drop from that bunch.

We might be blessed by Hawks not having a tall forward line.
Is it just Chol/Koschitzke? Cant recall if they've been playing other talls.
Dear.

Kozzie was traded to Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

part of me is afraid of Curtin staying out and them rushing crouch back
That would be insanity... but nothing would surprise me with our selection panel who have made many desperate selections this year.

Curtin received our highest coaches votes after Madgen:
North v Adelaide
10 – Jack Madgen (Adelaide)
8 – Daniel Curtin (Adelaide)
6 – Campbell Combe (North)
3 – Ned McHenry (Adelaide)
2 – Chris Burgess (Adelaide)
1 – Mitch Harvey (North)

This is after polling our only votes vs Norwood the week before and was emergency for the Essendon game. He’s coming in this week for Dawson, zero doubt.
Didn’t know coaches votes were done in SANFL, far more useful guide when not watching than trusting listed bests or the clubs post match media release.

What’s Ryan been voting like? People here talking up his form but are the coaches votes showing that recognition (half) internally

Assuming all of Murray/Butts/Keays/Dawson are out

In: Walker, Borlase, Worrell, Cook, Curtin, Jones (sub)
Out: Himmelberg, Murray, Butts, Keays, Dawson, Cook (sub)

I’d go Smith for Hamill too, but let’s be honest, that won’t happen
This is about right but Keays is no an out. So Walker , Borlase, Cook, Curtin and Jones in

Murray, Butts, Dawson, Himmelberg out (Cook to starting role but wish it was Murphy)

Didn’t know coaches votes were done in SANFL, far more useful guide when not watching than trusting listed bests or the clubs post match media release.

What’s Ryan been voting like? People here talking up his form but are the coaches votes showing that recognition (half) internally
Yep every week under the SANFL Footy Fix header..

Every round available there.

VB on radio :

Not giving much away but did say Curtin in the conversation at match selection.
But the tone suggested they are worried about “over exposing” a young midfield with Laird
the only experience amongst the kids.

Feel Keays may see some more mid time by the way he is speaking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R20: Changes vs. Hawthorn

Back