Preview R20: Changes vs. Hawthorn

Will Daniel Curtin come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Must win game...Crouch will be rushed in.

Nicks would prefer the perceived safety of an experienced player over a kid.

It is why Smith is playing.

The irony being our wins have come from the young guys performing.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Must win?? Why is it a must win game when we aren't playing finals?

That last Hawks game still stings.

Hawks went into it 4-7. We went into 4-6-1.

We were full of confidence having won 3 of our last 5 (one loss by 4 and a tie).

Talk about a swing game - after beating us Hawks win their next 3 straight and we lose 3 of our next 4.
Think that was our worst loss for the year. The Sydney and Freo games we were in it at 3/4 time - we were never in the Hawks game, flogged start to finish, got some junk time goals to make it look respectable. They are flying now, be a better gauge of where we are than the imposter Bombers.

VB on radio :

Not giving much away but did say Curtin in the conversation at match selection.
But the tone suggested they are worried about “over exposing” a young midfield with Laird
the only experience amongst the kids.

Feel Keays may see some more mid time by the way he is speaking.
The only Hawks mid with more than 100 games is Worpel and he only has 120. Hardly throwing them to the wolves. The conservative nature of our coaching is wildly frustrating. I'd be delighted to see Curtin, Taylor and Dowling at the 1st centre bounce, let's see what these kids have got.

The only Hawks mid with more than 100 games is Worpel and he only has 120. Hardly throwing them to the wolves. The conservative nature of our coaching is wildly frustrating. I'd be delighted to see Curtin, Taylor and Dowling at the 1st centre bounce, let's see what these kids have got.
Our club will never be successful while this cautious handbrake is applied.

An element of fear governs everything we do and undoes the good things

VB on radio :

But the tone suggested they are worried about “over exposing” a young midfield with Laird

Odd given they put Bond and Taylor into crucial stoppages in the final minutes against Essendon, which we ended up coming from behind and winning

I don’t mind Keays covering a portion of the minutes, it is a little thin with both Dawson and Rankine out. I do think Berry has enough games playing midfield to be considered a full timer. So it’s support for Laird, Sog (groin concerns) and Berry, not just Laird. Is Dowling, Taylor, Curtin and Rachele enough? I can understand why they are looking at Keays. I’d drop Murphy for Schoey to beef it up a little further. But we know Murphy can’t be dropped, no matter how useless he is. Would also like to see Hinge get a few minutes in there.

Ugh, my bad. Was thinking of Dear and then my mind went back in time!
Point stands though its not a week where we're going to need a bunch of tall defenders.
Nope. Got a lot more problems covering Moore, Ginnivan, Watson, Hardwick.

Think Bond goes back and Hamill maybe even comes in if his finger is good.

Odd given they put Bond and Taylor into crucial stoppages in the final minutes against Essendon, which we ended up coming from behind and winning
He mentioned Keays was moved onto the ball in the last qtr.

Personally I see Bond on Dyl Moore
Taylor given plenty of mid time and Max on Ginnivan.

I don’t mind Keays covering a portion of the minutes, it is a little thin with both Dawson and Rankine out. I do think Berry has enough games playing midfield to be considered a full timer. So it’s support for Laird, Sog (groin concerns) and Berry, not just Laird. Is Dowling, Taylor, Curtin and Rachele enough? I can understand why they are looking at Keays. I’d drop Murphy for Schoey to beef it up a little further. But we know Murphy can’t be dropped, no matter how useless he is. Would also like to see Hinge get a few minutes in there.
I’d say Max in there for a bit too but they got a few dangerous small / medium forwards to worry about

He mentioned Keays was moved onto the ball in the last qtr.

Personally I see Bond on Dyl Moore
Taylor given plenty of mid time and Max on Ginnivan.
Keays needs to be 80% forward but he’s handy to have up sleeve for last quarter move onto ball like last week

Surely Curtin gets a game , he’s had 3 weeks playing mid in sanfl now and he’s performed , not sure why would worry re picking him

Worst thing that happens is he doesn’t play well , who cares . He can work out what level is and train it in pre season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It almost feels like Nick's got the memo from the club about tanking to make sure we get pick 4.
So Nick's starts playing the young guys thinking we will lose.
As usual, Nicks plan backfires

A great chance this week for Rory Laird to get back into his small defender role against the Hawks , practice for next year

fuck yeah stormtrooper GIF

VB on radio :

They will rush in an unfit and slow as treacle Matt Crouch who will get run off at every opportunity by the very pacey hawthorn. Bookmark it. Laird Crouch and Keays in the middle, lets get the band back together.

Nope. Got a lot more problems covering Moore, Ginnivan, Watson, Hardwick.

Think Bond goes back and Hamill maybe even comes in if his finger is good.
100% - Moore is a real dangerous cat...Ginni is a pain in the ass but a good footballer too.
Guessing Max will be required to play a more defensive role than the last few weeks, probably on Moore.

They will rush in an unfit and slow as treacle Matt Crouch who will get run off at every opportunity by the very pacey hawthorn. Bookmark it. Laird Crouch and Keays in the middle, lets get the band back together.
All available evidence would suggest this is completely wrong but go off

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R20: Changes vs. Hawthorn

Back