Preview R20: Changes vs. Hawthorn

Will Daniel Curtin come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Could you not comprehend the question posed? Or just embarrassed to answer? Which one?
I thought it was obvious…

The reason why we were were so good last year offensively has left the club and now coaches at Geelong. It’s pretty easy to comprehend. Hence my comment re the current coaching staff stifling the creativity of our current young team.

Whether they're willing to go into an interview & say it is irrelevant. That's the real world reality, which history has shown time & time again to be the case.

I mean... has it? What are the examples of teams that spent seven years going from bottom to just competing in finals, who then went on to winning a flag after that?

I thought it was obvious…

The reason why we were were so good last year offensively has left the club and now coaches at Geelong. It’s pretty easy to comprehend. Hence my comment re the current coaching staff stifling the creativity of our current young team.

You don’t think it has to do with personnel?

Last year we had a fit and firing Pedlar kicking 25 goals (replaced by McHenry/Cook), no Thilthorpe, Tex did his back early and hasn’t been the same player most weeks - particularly early, Rankine has missed 5 and also been moved into the middle
Rachele, Fog and Keays have been constants
Even McAdam played some good games up there last year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last year we had a fit and firing Pedlar kicking 25 goals (replaced by McHenry/Cook), no Thilthorpe, Tex did his back early and hasn’t been the same player most weeks - particularly early, Rankine has missed 5 and also been moved into the middle

I think it’s a bit of both to be honest. But last year wasn’t exactly a roaring success either. We didn’t make finals. The current coaching panel has even admitted to going more defensive. Probs too far the other way. And I reckon Nicks’ philosophy has always been that way inclined.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it’s a bit of both to be honest. But last year wasn’t exactly a roaring success either. We didn’t make finals. The current coaching panel has even admitted to going more defensive. Probs too far the other way. And I reckon Nicks’ philosophy has always been that way inclined.
So they've "learnt", have corrected it in season and won't start like that next year..........

I would suggest that relying on Tex to lead the attack at this stage of his career is fool’s gold - and that his career best season last year papered over a few cracks.
I don’t see Pedlar out of the forward line as being a massive deal (I think he is a midfielder part-timing in the forward line because he isn’t fit enough yet)
Thilthorpe out has hurt but not as much as the boring, slow style of play.
As your post said there’s as much the same as changed from last year in the forward line

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It was your melodramatic over the top ridiculous response that was mocked. You pull your head in.
They quoted something you posted? You’re incredibly quick to tell posters, on a public internet forum, who are fully aware of how this club operates, to be quiet. It’s not their fault you’re always a few steps behind

It was your melodramatic over the top ridiculous response that was mocked. You pull your head in.
Just to clarify; you mean my response that was completely correct? That one?

Well I hope you mock everyone else for having a negative option about the club. You’re going to be pretty busy I’d say.

In all honesty, I’ve got zero idea as to why you singled me out. It’s really odd. This is a public forum where we share our opinions. The most ridiculous, melodramatic thing of all is your response to my comment about Dan Curtin’s selection. Then you got personal. Bizarre behaviour.

What better opportunity, under Nicks, does Curtin have to crack the team than now?
  • He’s been our best in reserves for a month
  • We’re not in finals contention
  • Our three best mids, Dawson, Rankine, Crouch are out
  • We’re versing a fellow young and upcoming midfield

The verb ‘versing’ means ‘reading poetry to’. This mangling of the word ‘versus’ can’t be allowed to go on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R20: Changes vs. Hawthorn

Back