• 44: Sydney Stack

Votes: 16 11.9%
  • 50: Marlion Pickett

Votes: 22 16.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
na im sorry but there are just some games where you look and you just know someone wont make it, hope they prove me wrong, but they wont, for our game style we cant afford ppl like martyn who cant make quick decsions or players like ryan who look even worse than vickery
Cmon mate, they are 18-19 year olds that have played 1 game ffs

Rance was an absolute crab for first 3 years.. did you say the same about him too?

Both were great today in VFL… and will only continue to develop their bodies and footy skills

How quick some of you are to turn on club legends. ****ing disgraceful.

Cotch has a poor month and he's done? Drop him? Someone said last week he never wants to see Cotch in a Richmond jumper again.

Jack has a poor game and he's cooked? His goal tally this year is more than serviceable.

These guys have earned more respect than that. They have earned the right to go around again next year. This could easily be older blokes cooked from than incredibly short pre season, 4 straight years with long finals campaigns, mentally drained from covid and hubs, mentally drained from being hunted as the best team and abused by the rest of the league forr the last 3-4 seasons.

Let's see how they do their longest preseason off in half a decade before you right them off. They deserve jt

1. Finish bottom 6
2. Get the easy draw
3. Trade in a couple of players
4. Smoke the draft

2022:

1. Put Prestia, Nankervis, Edwards, Vlaustin, Broad, Soldo, Balta, Houli into that side.

2. Have an relative injury free year

3. And we challenge for the 2022 flag.
Dreams do come true trust me keep dreaming.

We won't play Miller and astbury is done.
I think Miller would of played today but has come up saw
Just a little bit of OP so still a chance to play by the end of the season

1. Finish bottom 6
2. Get the easy draw
3. Trade in a couple of players
4. Smoke the draft

2022:

1. Put Prestia, Nankervis, Edwards, Vlaustin, Broad, Soldo, Balta, Houli into that side.

2. Have an relative injury free year

3. And we challenge for the 2022 flag.
lol injury free and us have not been relevant since 2017. we will have half our team injured, the usual suspects "carrying" something, prestias late outs, dustys carrying a groin , cotchin a back, lynch some type of cooked knee etc, will keep happening until they look at reruiting someone better in the conditioning dpeartment

True unreal how one person can have an effect our best conditioner left us for the swans on top of losing all our assistants and Mrs. Hardwick I think where are all expecting too much.
damn who was he the guy who went to the swans

I think another little sliding doors moment for us was Soldo’s knee being destroyed by fat-man Hawkins

I can’t help but think some of these dicey games we have lost without Nank we would have won with Soldo, especially given the improvement in his game we would have seen

peak Richmond as it turned out was end of 2019, playing two ruckman (soldo and nank)

I think we currently have 5 top 35 picks. Trade those into 2x top 15 picks or ready made guns from other teams (Cerra) if we can. We're still in a premiership window. Mortgage the future for one more imo.

20202 Premiership calibre players team:

FB: Broad Balta Grimes
HB: Short BLANK Stack
C: McIntosh Martin BLANK
HF: Rioli BLANK Lambert
FF: Baker Lynch Castagna

R: Nankervis Pretisa BLANK

Int: Soldo Pickett Graham RCD

Therefore, if we use our picks for trade and use Free Agency and have some luck with injury we only need 3 or 4 players to fill out the 22. And this doesn't include potential young players to step up (CCJ, Dow, etc) and doesn't include older players who look over the hill (Riewoldt, Asbtury, Cotchin, Caddy)

I realise mortgaging the future sounds bleak but it's rare that you get a shot at the title, so why not take advantage?

Cmon mate, they are 18-19 year olds that have played 1 game ffs

Rance was an absolute crab for first 3 years.. did you say the same about him too?

Both were great today in VFL… and will only continue to develop their bodies and footy skills
rance was not crap like that, he showed some promise with his clumsiness so no i actually thought he would be a good player. those two though have shown jack shit in their game, they look like some random surburbs player plucked out of nowhere, no footy smarts, skills or anything thats afl level, vfl is the level for them

The 5 day break to Friday forced our hand on Nank.

Would have been better to concede Friday night.

Dont want the club to be telling us that we are still mathematical chance when we have at best two 50-50 games remaining in North and Hawthorn. Wonder which team still to play will give us that big hiding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its just the way he played, he was sh*t yes, but the stuff during the week he had no choice but to say something like that. so we shouldnt rip into him for that.

im worried about how cooked he bloody looks, lynch kicked a ball in his direction to his advatnage and he moved slower than a ******* turtle ffs, and that non kick to lynch late cost us the game imo

I know he was set up on 360… he was set up….but as a senior player…he fell for it…and went all lippy when he should have dialled it down….something like….”We are all disappointed in Our performance as a team….but I can guarantee we will be working as a team to put in a 4 quarter effort’ against Coll’…then zip it

if he played more of a team game …then no issue…but ffs he was pretty bloody ordinary tonight…and now his comments on 360 ring hollow

Last edited:
Did you call it arrogance when we won 3 flags?

It's always been this. We play OUR game plan and force teams into it. We don't adjust for other teams or players.

Sometimes you get beat, but how many times have we been outplayed for a half then manhandled a team into playing our way? Last year grand final for example?

That 2-21 is ******* useless. All that says is when teams get on top of us, that's how they beat us. That's not the cause of our losses, that's just what happens when we do lose.

This isn't 2017-2020. The game plan no longer works and has been found out consistently, not just on occassion.

We could afford to back our gameplan in the past few years because it worked kore times than it didn't.

That isn't the case anymore. The new rules have rendered it obsolete. No surprise that the 2 teams that play zones in us and WC have struggled this year. The game now plays where short kicks are superior and we structure and defend for long down the line kicks.

It isn't working. It hasn't worked for most of this year. Most of the games we have won have been when we too have adopted a shorter game plan with kicks.

I think we currently have 5 top 35 picks. Trade those into 2x top 15 picks or ready made guns from other teams (Cerra) if we can. We're still in a premiership window. Mortgage the future for one more imo.

20202 Premiership calibre players team:

FB: Broad Balta Grimes
HB: Short BLANK Stack
C: McIntosh Martin BLANK
HF: Rioli BLANK Lambert
FF: Baker Lynch Castagna

R: Nankervis Pretisa BLANK

Int: Soldo Pickett Graham RCD

Therefore, if we use our picks for trade and use Free Agency and have some luck with injury we only need 3 or 4 players to fill out the 22. And this doesn't include potential young players to step up (CCJ, Dow, etc) and doesn't include older players who look over the hill (Riewoldt, Asbtury, Cotchin, Caddy)

I realise mortgaging the future sounds bleak but it's rare that you get a shot at the title, so why not take advantage?
we need a prolifc inside MID badly, we cant rely on prestias hamstrings anymore i love the meatball, been great for 4 years, but he will keep getting injured

This isn't 2017-2020. The game plan no longer works and has been found out consistently, not just on occassion.

We could afford to back our gameplan in the past few years because it worked kore times than it didn't.

That isn't the case anymore. The new rules have rendered it obsolete. No surprise that the 2 teams that play zones in us and WC have struggled this year. The game now plays where short kicks are superior and we structure and defend for long down the line kicks.

It isn't working. It hasn't worked for most of this year. Most of the games we have won have been when we too have adopted a shorter game plan with kicks.
teams are playing more man on man def now?

We need a full pre season guys... Last year gassed us, it's the cost of success. No shame in that. Thought our effort was good, just too many liabilities and youngsters. Chol, Cotch Jack and Dusty are the first in the gun imo

It's not only us. The teams who have consistently been at the top the last 3 or 4 years have all been well down this season. West Coast, Collingwood and even Geelong have been incredibly average in most games although managed to win ugly.

What did everyone think of Garthwaite's game? I thought he was solid, but he's purely a stopper and doesn't really offer anything else.

He's too small to be our go to lockdown key defender. At his size he needs to be more like Grimes and Broad, but isn't.

As long as he is shutting down his man, then it shouldn't be an issue. If he is doing that then Grimes and Broad have one less opponent to worry about and can play an intercepting game instead.

lol injury free and us have not been relevant since 2017. we will have half our team injured, the usual suspects "carrying" something, prestias late outs, dustys carrying a groin , cotchin a back, lynch some type of cooked knee etc, will keep happening until they look at reruiting someone better in the conditioning dpeartment
Which means we are due for an injury free year. Put the toys back in the cot and just be thankful for the last 4 years which produced 3 flags and stop acting like woe is us.

The game as it is today is unwatchable regardless of the way we are performing, and I’m of the belief that the umpiring as any player knows can destroy the morale of a side

I know he was set up on 360… he was set up….but as a senior player…he fell for it…and went all lippy when he should have dialled it down….something like….”We are all disappointed I. Our performance as a team….but I can guarantee we are working as a team to put in a 4 quarter effort’p against Coll’…then zip it

if he played more of a team game …then no issue…but ffs he was pretty bloody ordinary…and now his comments on 360 ring hollow
i think you are picking on him when he had no choice there, just blast him for the shit game tbh and thats it, what he said was along the lines of what you said anyways lol, flobbo kept asking him if they can still win the flag and he dialled that down too anyways. non issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back