Autopsy Roast & Toast v Fremantle & Changes for GWS

Top 5 v Fremantle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm fine with the Gibcus pick tbh. Although I still believe he was largely unremarkable in the games he played, it made sense at the time. We were in dire need of talented tall defenders. Also, I could see him become good one day from what I saw of him, and taller players sometimes take longer.

The highlight of this season for me was Matt Clarke leaving the club. He gave me the vibe that he thought he had more insight into players than other recruiters. Was bidding on rejected academy players like Cumberland and Nyuon whose clubs didn't even bother matching. Took 'bolters' (i.e., players that other experts didn't rate) with our earlier picks for no good reason. Neglected drafting needs like tall forwards, midfielders, and tall defenders until it was too late.

It's one thing for Bigfooty posters to act like they know better than other recruiting experts, but it's a whole other thing when that's done by recruiters getting paid to draft players.

Sayonara, ciao, and adiós.
Gibcus is 6-8 years away from his next game

so you reckon we cant be competitive if we are injury free ?
Injury-free?

That 70S Show Lol GIF by Peacock

Very optimistic to even consider this

I'm fine with the Gibcus pick tbh. Although I still believe he was largely unremarkable in the games he played, it made sense at the time. We were in dire need of talented tall defenders. Also, I could see him become good one day from what I saw of him, and taller players sometimes take longer.

The highlight of this season for me was Matt Clarke leaving the club. He gave me the vibe that he thought he had more insight into players than other recruiters. Was bidding on rejected academy players like Cumberland and Nyuon whose clubs didn't even bother matching. Took 'bolters' (i.e., players that other experts didn't rate) with our earlier picks for no good reason. Neglected drafting needs like tall forwards, midfielders, and tall defenders until it was too late.

It's one thing for Bigfooty posters to act like they know better than other recruiting experts, but it's a whole other thing when that's done by recruiters getting paid to draft players.

Sayonara, ciao, and adiós.
Gibcus showed plenty for a first year kpp. I just hope he still has his athleticism when he eventually comes back one day.

Agree on Clarke. WC did us a massive favour. Getting a 2nd rounder for Baker and not having Clarke > getting a 1st rounder and still having Clarke 😂

Gibcus showed plenty for a first year kpp. I just hope he still has his athleticism when he eventually comes back one day.

Agree on Clarke. WC did us a massive favour. Getting a 2nd rounder for Baker and not having Clarke > getting a 1st rounder and still having Clarke 😂
Was that the finals year? I recall that my problem with him was that he looked afraid of contact. I distinctly remember him pulling out of contests on occasions.

But I'll concede on him, there was nothing wrong with us picking him and he did look promising in 2022. Tom Brown also seemed afraid of contact at first and looks good now, so I can excuse that.

we need to look at the clubs with the smallest injury lists and poach their high performance manager

where is the money we have going ? whats the use in having the most money out of any afl club if we dont farrken use it ???!??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i thnk you guys should be proud of the boys. i thought they had a massive crack. in putrid conditions (horrific). won the contest work. you just lack polish.
We contributed a 105-point margin across both games to your percentage.

Don't let our contributions go to waste and win the whole thing! :rage:

we need to look at the clubs with the smallest injury lists and poach their high performance manager

where is the money we have going ? whats the use in having the most money out of any afl club if we dont farrken use it ???!??
On digital bricks

Weird one this is what I hate about the AFL system the bottom four sides right now have nothing to play for and the Harley Reid issue for North is the prime example.

We are better off putting players to rest for next season and make sure we don’t win again and get that number one pick.

I still think a lot of these issues go back to Dimma and our forward set up these players I will list are genuine forwards who have footy craft Dan Butler, Jack Higgins, Josh Caddy, Jason Castagna Jacob Townsend.

We had players that could actually hit the score board and had forward craft and for whatever reason we let these guys go , didn’t play them or in Caddy’s case tried to turn him into a winger when he is a genuine forward.

It might have worked with Jack and Lynch down there but right now we are relying on Balta and Kozzie and I don’t blame Kozzi or have the hate for him some do. He would be a handy third tall that can go into the ruck or behind the ball but he’s not a key 1 or 2.

We’ve prioritised playing players like Graham, Baker, Pickett , Mansell, Sonsie as examples as forwards and it’s not working. We have injuries I know but even with Lynch and Maurice back in we’ve got one of the worst forward list options in the comp if not the worst.

It amazing how when you have a great team of players with a handful of genuine stars made Graham, Baker, McIntosh , Grimes and Short look so much better players. Graham just does not do anywhere near enough for his experience now and unless he becomes a hardcore tagger he shouldn’t be playing?

Short and McIntosh have looked awful, cringe every time they are bringing the ball out of the D50 they just kick it long and high to the boundary or to no one to be precise and the ball comes flying back.

I think the 2017 finals forward line was a function of Griffiths being injury prone & Elton not coming along. Caddy, Towner and Dusty were very good mediums. And Rioli, Butler & Castagna kicking a goal a game all year.
Butler & Towner lost form and their spots. Caddy lost his when Lynch arrived.
Injured a bit 2020 and retired.

Still seeing 3 'role playing' small fwds being selected by Yze is a head scratcher. The mediums have been Hopper & Tarranto types I guess. I would've liked the club to have drafted more KPFs...especially JVR. Ready to go.

And go way harder for a gun KPF last year, using the money we did not spend on one of TT or JH.

The 2023 Lynch (& Gibcus & Soldo& Brown) injury recoveries was alarm bells to me. Expecting/hoping in 2024 that Lynch to be fitter hasn't happened....Balta was a trial, Kosi new.. leaving Ryan, Naismith, leFau up there.

how the farootskis did Meehan keep his job?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast v Fremantle & Changes for GWS

Back