Autopsy Roast & Toast v Fremantle & Changes for GWS

Top 5 v Fremantle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Was that the finals year? I recall that my problem with him was that he looked afraid of contact. I distinctly remember him pulling out of contests on occasions.

But I'll concede on him, there was nothing wrong with us picking him and he did look promising in 2022. Tom Brown also seemed afraid of contact at first and looks good now, so I can excuse that.
I don’t get how footy players play footy but are scared if contact 😂
They shouldn’t ****ing play if there scared

CFL orange or CFL red?
Orange , and what the **** are the Commentators thinking comparing the GWs to a tragedy that killed over half a million people , **** me Australian journalists are pond scum , ****ing Tsunami like it’s relevant to footy

I don’t get how footy players play footy but are scared if contact 😂
They shouldn’t ****ing play if there scared
They are private school docks these days , all they are interested in stealing cars and killing innocent people

Richmond midfielders need to be congratulated- they went up against a top 4 side and won the clearances. Does that mean we should assess our game plan - what are the strategy of our forward coaches - how many active and false leads do the forwards make do they run to to the boundary and open up the forward line or create a space for a forward to run into - they just bang it forward hoping for the best - we have done it before - cleared out the coaches and replaced them with better coaches that have actually have a strategy / plan !
We won premierships when often losing clearances. Maybe consider the quality of clearances along with the additional affect the oppositions midfielders have around the ground .
Cripps had 40 , Brayshaw had 35 .

if we are healthy next year and Big Sexy isnt injured we'll prob make the 8

we beat sydney remember
I found the fairies in the bottom of my garden

jurassic park deal with it GIF

Came in here thinking we got a top 8 or top 4 list lol. Some need a massive reality check. Whoever didn't see this coming well we're you been. Fully rebuild we a.

Host of cooked retiring players and host bluggering or checked out or need to be traded.

Kids all of a sudden we expect to play 4 qtrs of footy. Doesn't work like that you see patches or quarters.

A football department and senior hierarchy who has been utter garbage last 2 seasons with poor decisions and not reading the writing on the wall.

Came in here thinking we got a top 8 or top 4 list lol. Some need a massive reality check. Whoever didn't see this coming well we're you been. Fully rebuild we a.

Host of cooked retiring players and host bluggering or checked out or need to be traded.

Kids all of a sudden we expect to play 4 qtrs of footy. Doesn't work like that you see patches or quarters.

A football department and senior hierarchy who has been utter garbage last 2 seasons with poor decisions and not reading the writing on the wall.
I was told we only needed a refresh …. Not a rebuild ☹️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taking the result out of the equation there were still things I liked last night.

Nankervis put in a huge shift going up against Darcy in the first half and then Jackson in the second half. Plenty have questioned his position as Captain, but last night he led from the front. Probably goes close to winning the Jack Dyer come seasons end.

We beat the equal number 1 clearance side at clearances which goes to show just how much we've missed having the likes of Taranto & Hopper in the midfield to lead the way over kids like Dow & McAuliffe and undersized options in Baker & Bolton. Anyone still saying getting them in was a mistake is either naive or ignorant and hasn't really paid much attention to how badly our midfield performed while one or both were sitting in the stands.

You can see the difference between sides that are settled and have played consistently together and our side. Our cohesion and symmetry are off in all areas of the ground. You can see it around stoppages as guys are still trying to work out structures and roles, up forward our entries are haphazard and they don't seem to be working together as a unit to create space and opportunities for each other. We have players flying together when we should have 1 up and a few at their feet, we lead into each others space and pretty much need to be perfect when delivering inside 50 to ensure we at least get a decent shot on goal. Down back the constant chopping and changing of our key defenders means we aren't quite as settled as we could be and the unit is still learning to play together.

Hopefully we can start to get a more settled side over the last 7 games so that Yze can get a good look at how things work and don't work in regards to his game plan and what is his best available line up so that we can then make informed decisions on the list build during the off season.

As far as finishing last is concerned, I'm all for it, not just because we get the first pick, but because it puts us in control of our own decisions at the draft. We'll get first overall pick, then we get the first pick of the 2nd night which then opens up options for us, if a side is desperate to trade up and grab a slider from the first round we can get more draft assets to continue to build.
Dow made way for Hoppers return whilst opposing midfielders have accumulated numbers well above their average when coming up against Taranto and Hopper in the past two weeks . Leadership is taking responsibility of the opposition best midfielders , which TT and Hopper clearly do not do and tbh never have .

I sat through the game live - to be fair I think OoZes comments about effort are not too far off the mark - just too many players that are not yet and / or won’t ever be AFL level - need to keep playing them to work out who’s got a future though

Lacked a LOT of polish front of centre, meanwhile Tracey, Fredrick and Young were clinical in front of goals for them

Cumberland was a headless chook for most of the game. Hugo had shades of pre 2024. Couldn’t get Baker into the game - Balta looked good but we just couldn’t get him enough supply. Shai always rips it up in Perth

Yze gets a pass this year. Next year we better be more competitive.
no pass or fail from me ,ive havent seen anything to inspire the group except for that display gainst the swans
gotta give him a chance tho with his own list bc the one hes inherited is banged up now so cant be too hard on him in all fairness,yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast v Fremantle & Changes for GWS

Back