Autopsy Roast & Toast v Fremantle & Changes for GWS

Top 5 v Fremantle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

And Cumberland.

Just give Matty C, Seth and Smith a few games.

Nothing to lose.

They'll just bring Martin and Prestia back in instead.
To me the question is not about which players to bring in its more about trying to get the balance right. The thing that we seem to have stuffed up for the last two years is the midfield mix and the small forward mix. Changing Smith or Coultard is really not going to give a good indication of their potential if we keep putting them into a disfunctioning forward line or defence

there is a lot of bunkum too for sure, but mental props/shared vision does drive teams to higher levels.

The club themselves said the camel was part of them looking for the edge

I just don't get it..wrong imagery

What's inspirational or uplifting about it..and please don't say the hump
The camel was going to lead us out of the desert, but it did a U-Turn.

you gotta question the mindset behind that

a lifesize camel....seriously, the whole psychology of that is a bit off I reckon

and the psychology of the team has been in a bucket all year

could be coincidence, definitely debateable
I agree , imagine coming to train and there is a camel on the ground , like fmd how on earth could someone thi k that would be motivational .

effort was there. execution was not. he needs to own that in the press conferences.

as he said it's up to the coaches to teach the game plan. don't think that is happening too well forward of centre.
I'm sure that's basically what he said, effort was there but not the execution.
However I wish he would stop saying the effort was there, needs to come up with something a bit different. Maybe own up to the fact we don't have the players with pace to keep up with them, that's the problem. Yeah, they put in 100% effort to chase, but they are too slow to actually catch them.

I hope he succeeds will see after next year I guess , but I wanted Figjam as coach , I rekon he would have been better 2 nd time around , don’t care if he played and coached Copywood either
I was glad he never won a cup as player or coach, so no way I want him to be our coach.

What is worse?

A) our inexperienced forward line who constantly get caught out of position and struggle to impact at all.

Or

B) our midfield who continuously blast kick over the shoulder straight to loose oppo defenders catching out our forwards.

Now the dust is settling a bit after last night loss, it’s seems as though a lot on here are calling for delisting half the forward line when the delivery from the mids is well below acceptable. Even Lockett would struggle to get a kick with the inside 50s we have
Absolutely agree. We should not only look at the individual players but also the team balance. We have been trying to play four inside players for the last two years . Toranto Hopper Dow Graham Baker and Dusty in various combinations. Then we have MacIntosh on the wing. The only outside mid that gets a look in is Bolton. No other side plays that ratio of inside mids. Yes we break even in the centre clearances but we get killed in the transition though the centre because we lack quick players in there. Sonsie Cumberland and even Mansell and maybe Smith would benefit from time in the midfield and they would add some speed. Instead we just keep on trying the same players that have failed for the last two years and the blaming the kids who are being excluded

Absolutely agree. We should not only look at the individual players but also the team balance. We have been trying to play four inside players for the last two years . Toranto Hopper Dow Graham Baker and Dusty in various combinations. Then we have MacIntosh on the wing. The only outside mid that gets a look in is Bolton. No other side plays that ratio of inside mids. Yes we break even in the centre clearances but we get killed in the transition though the centre because we lack quick players in there. Sonsie Cumberland and even Mansell and maybe Smith would benefit from time in the midfield and they would add some speed. Instead we just keep on trying the same players that have failed for the last two years and the blaming the kids who are being excluded
And all these highly paid coaches can’t see it. The reality is that’s where our list managers have failed as they built a list around HBF and BBMF. Most have been a bust bc they’re not up to the pace of the game or not skilled enough.

Last edited:
Instead we just keep on trying the same players that have failed for the last two years and the blaming the kids who are being excluded
Exactly. When we have Taranto, Hopper and Graham together in the middle we are waaaayyyyyyyyy too slow. We seem happy to play Dow in there when he's in the side, why not Sonsie? When did he become a half forward flanker?

I hope he succeeds will see after next year I guess , but I wanted Figjam as coach , I rekon he would have been better 2 nd time around , don’t care if he played and coached Copywood either
we wouldve got the umps on our side

they love that campaigner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do people think Broad is coasting? Has basically no second efforts of late and can't keep up with his man. He's constantly beaten and undisciplined and i think the high speed running game has caught up with his game style.
prob retires in a few weeks

we are fit enough ~ Meehan's injury recovery supervision is the issue.

Look at the AFL app for the tracker RFC 5 out the top 10 players for distance/ RFC top 8/10 for speed; RFC top 6/10 for sprinting; RFC outrun Freo by 1km for the game

RFC outsprinted Freo 306 to 254

ditto repeat sprints

Looks like effort to me.

RFC 15 tackles inside 50..averaging 9;
57 tackles ~ averaging 52
12 marks inside 50 ~ averaging 10
Cont possession 135 average 122
Stoppage clear..32 average 22
win the hit outs
better efficiency inside 50 than usual .

Our running Stats that haven't changed for 2, 3 years.

We are stuck selecting players who run but cant football
You're not seriously advocating we go after and select footballers in this draft? Matty Clarke would be rolling over in his virtual grave

Do people think Broad is coasting? Has basically no second efforts of late and can't keep up with his man. He's constantly beaten and undisciplined and i think the high speed running game has caught up with his game style.
For sure... He still looks to cover the ground well enough, he needs a rocket. They should drop shorty and broad and send a message

Hartley needs to start doing his job again and find a Houli and Grigg. Plenty of players in Carlton’s best 22 that were from other clubs. Some that didn’t cost much draft pick wise. Blake Acres a good example.
Could start with our VFL Team - Yassine - incredible pace - can we elevate him ? Other Half Forward who kicked 6 goals - can he make it to the next level - lets not let another durham slip through our system

Miller looked like an All Aus last week on Curnow, then had his pants pulled down by a Josh Treacy, whatever that is.
Did he? I missed the game but the match report mentioned he was moved on to Treacy after quarter time. And after quarter time he got shut down decently well.

Q1 - 7 touches, 5 marks, 3 goals
Q2 - 1 touch, 1 mark, 1 goal
Q3 - 4 touches, 2 marks, 1 goal.
Q4 - 4 touches, 1 mark, 0 goals

put the feelers out, paul connors (big sexy ) manages harley reid. connors loves dealing with Richmond

reid is homesick , nobody wants to live in wa

give them pick one for reid and tell them to draft a wa kid this time
I like your posts mostly for a laugh but this one is a steaming pile of horse shit dude.

Everyone wants to live in WA lol People are moving here in their thousands every month.

It's growing like crazy and has been for 30 years.

If you lived here you'd know why.

Few of any traffic jams. Clean safe public transport. Sunny days, short winters and golden beaches.

I like your posts mostly for a laugh but this one is a steaming pile of horse shit dude.

Everyone wants to live in WA lol People are moving here in their thousands every month.

It's growing like crazy and has been for 30 years.

If you lived here you'd know why.

Few of any traffic jams. Clean safe public transport. Sunny days, short winters and golden beaches.
IMG_2770.gif

And all these highly paid coaches can’t see it. The reality is that’s where our list managers have failed as they built a list around HBF and BBMF. Most have been a bust bc they’re not up to the pace of the game or not skilled enough.
100% correct, our game style prematurely spent nearly all of our premiership players,I believe that intensity was impossible to maintain over a long period of time.

The Idea behind getting TT and hopper was to keep us competitive (like Geelong) and keep us towards the upper end of the ladder.

Look at all the teams that are now in the top eight....

Most have had multiple high end draft pics over a long period of time?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast v Fremantle & Changes for GWS

Back