Autopsy Roast & Toast v Fremantle & Changes for GWS

Top 5 v Fremantle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldve gone with young talent.
Love that but who? I don’t see anyone who would’ve been available other than weddle (another hbf) whose output is comparable. My read is whilst be super to get young talent they have to be available, it’s not like we could’ve snagged Reid, Naicos, McKercher, etc. Happy to be corrected

The question for me what happens from here and end of year super important. Do we go back in the wilderness for another 37 years or we act like one of the big boys ?.

Our president needs to stand up basically not existent for me , while our CEO role is super important appointment. Not in favour of hiring within we made that mistake previously. The footy department needs to be held accountable to Livingstone and Blair lift their game to many poor decisions of late. Super important review for me.
1. You want the president to take over the executives at the club? You want O'Rourke to do what? Chuck out the recommendation of the New CEO committee?

Time for Focus on Footy I guess and you can vote O"Rourke out. db26 for President !!!

2. I fully agree that our Fitness Dept is farked . Do I think O'Rourke should make the decision to sack Meehan? No way.

3. New grandstand budget might need a rethink too.

4. Having O'Rourke on RFC's Talking Tigers would be a good idea.

I'm sure that's basically what he said, effort was there but not the execution.
However I wish he would stop saying the effort was there, needs to come up with something a bit different. Maybe own up to the fact we don't have the players with pace to keep up with them, that's the problem. Yeah, they put in 100% effort to chase, but they are too slow to actually catch them.
We do have players with pace we just will not rotate them in the midfield. Perhaps Yze could explain that. It can’t be a fear of losing.

Green in for Cumberland
Tresies in for Mansel.
Short to play forward.
Green in for Campbell (the kid needs a break). Kmac out and Short on the wing. Banks playing hbf. Smith or Tresies in. Sonsie MacAlif and Cumberland given decent midfield minutes. Toranto and Hopper to rotate midfield/third tall forward

Did he? I missed the game but the match report mentioned he was moved on to Treacy after quarter time. And after quarter time he got shut down decently well.

Q1 - 7 touches, 5 marks, 3 goals
Q2 - 1 touch, 1 mark, 1 goal
Q3 - 4 touches, 2 marks, 1 goal.
Q4 - 4 touches, 1 mark, 0 goals
Was out bodied multiple times, and caught out of position. Just looked a completely different player in comparison to last week.

I still believe he’s our most improved by a longggg way this year, and he has been rock solid for us. So I’m not overly fussed by the performance

Love that but who? I don’t see anyone who would’ve been available other than weddle (another hbf) whose output is comparable. My read is whilst be super to get young talent they have to be available, it’s not like we could’ve snagged Reid, Naicos, McKercher, etc. Happy to be corrected
Dont need top three, but anything in the top 10-15 would be great

we are fit enough ~ Meehan's injury recovery supervision is the issue.

Look at the AFL app for the tracker RFC 5 out the top 10 players for distance/ RFC top 8/10 for speed; RFC top 6/10 for sprinting; RFC outrun Freo by 1km for the game

RFC outsprinted Freo 306 to 254

ditto repeat sprints

Looks like effort to me.

RFC 15 tackles inside 50..averaging 9;
57 tackles ~ averaging 52
12 marks inside 50 ~ averaging 10
Cont possession 135 average 122
Stoppage clear..32 average 22
win the hit outs
better efficiency inside 50 than usual .

Our running Stats that haven't changed for 2, 3 years.

We are stuck selecting players who run but cant football
Sprint/Repeat sprint efforts means nothing in this context as you wrote. We had to sprint more cause we were poorly positioned and structured, meaning we are just having to chase butt everywhere and at times multiple effort to even apply any decent pressure. Freo didnt need to sprint cause they picked us apart, especially on the over lap and most time Freo players didnt have to work too hard to be in acres of space.

To me that shows how much wasted energy and run was exhibited and the proof is that they were unable to mount even close to acceptable AFL level pressure.

We are dumb sprint fit at the moment

1. You want the president to take over the executives at the club? You want O'Rourke to do what? Chuck out the recommendation of the New CEO committee?

Time for Focus on Footy I guess and you can vote O"Rourke out. db26 for President !!!

2. I fully agree that our Fitness Dept is farked . Do I think O'Rourke should make the decision to sack Meehan? No way.

3. New grandstand budget might need a rethink too.

4. Having O'Rourke on RFC's Talking Tigers would be a good idea.
Bit of leadership is nice. His dead silent. Compare him to Penny chalk and cheese.

We do have players with pace we just will not rotate them in the midfield. Perhaps Yze could explain that. It can’t be a fear of losing.
Bolton gets a run through the middle, but is playing mainly forward which I get as that's where is is most dangerous. I would like to see him given more time in the middle when the ball isn't going forward as he is wasted waiting for the ball to come down.
Baker, has some pace and gets a rotation through the middle I believe.
I can't think or too many of the kids we have that have pace or the ability to play much time in the middle?
Which players are you thinking of?

I love your posts mostly for a laugh and this one is the best.

Nobody wants to live in WA , People are leaving here in their thousands every month.

It's disappointing like crazy and has been for 30 years.

If you lived here you'd know why.

Heaps of traffic jams. Dirty unsafe public transport. Sunny days, short winters and shark infested beaches.
IMG_2508.jpeg

EFA . Best 😂

Bit of leadership is nice. His dead silent. Compare him to Penny chalk and cheese.
Not really imo
Peggy did her open letter to members and fans a handful of times a year and not much else

No more or less than what we get currently

Green in for Campbell (the kid needs a break). Kmac out and Short on the wing. Banks playing hbf. Smith or Tresies in. Sonsie MacAlif and Cumberland given decent midfield minutes. Toranto and Hopper to rotate midfield/third tall forward
Don't mind most of that as something to try.
Short has been so frustrating this year and if we are keeping him going forward I think something like a wing could be an option
Not sure Taranto or Hopper would classify as a (3rd) tall option? Taranto spending a bit more time forward to give some of the younger kids some midfield minutes makes sense though. Not sure Hopper has the same forward craft though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really imo
Peggy did her open letter to members and fans a handful of times a year and not much else

No more or less than what we get currently
Not talking open letter. Face the supporters, the media etc. Reassuring them the club is under review nothing from him or Gale. I call that lack of leadership

Not talking open letter. Face the supporters, the media etc. Reassuring them the club is under review nothing from him or Gale. I call that lack of leadership
But that’s what I mean Peggy hardly every did media at all

It’s not part of the job

I wouldn’t be surprised if we are arranging to increase our chances of a top two pick. Lead by the AFL who are manipulating things to equalise? So why can’t clubs arrange to take all their pain in two or 3 seasons?
I think with planning you can still look to get the best from players trial stuff while positioning ur club for draft picks?

Bolton gets a run through the middle, but is playing mainly forward which I get as that's where is is most dangerous. I would like to see him given more time in the middle when the ball isn't going forward as he is wasted waiting for the ball to come down.
Baker, has some pace and gets a rotation through the middle I believe.
I can't think or too many of the kids we have that have pace or the ability to play much time in the middle?
Which players are you thinking of?
Sonsie and Cumberland for a start. And possibly put Banks into defence and allow Rioli to rotate through. Even put Banks into the midfield or onto a wing and let HRS play as a genuine midfielder Smith seems quick and is a good kick. I like Graham and Dow but we have invested in Toranto and Hopper and now we need to put players around them that complement them not their understudies. Most of my suggestions will probably not work but if we don’t test the kids how are we going to asses then and either develop them or move on.

Sonsie and Cumberland for a start. And possibly put Banks into defence and allow Rioli to rotate through. Even put Banks into the midfield or onto a wing and let HRS play as a genuine midfielder Smith seems quick and is a good kick. I like Graham and Dow but we have invested in Toranto and Hopper and now we need to put players around them that complement them not their understudies. Most of my suggestions will probably not work but if we don’t test the kids how are we going to asses then and either develop them or move on.
Hopefully our first pick this year slots straight into that midfield rotation, will obviously need a couple of preseasons before we see the best of them though.
Probably too late for Cumbo. Obviously has never been seen as an AFL level mid by any of his coaches as I don't think I've ever seen him given a go in there.

Sprint/Repeat sprint efforts means nothing in this context as you wrote. We had to sprint more cause we were poorly positioned and structured, meaning we are just having to chase butt everywhere and at times multiple effort to even apply any decent pressure. Freo didnt need to sprint cause they picked us apart, especially on the over lap and most time Freo players didnt have to work too hard to be in acres of space.

To me that shows how much wasted energy and run was exhibited and the proof is that they were unable to mount even close to acceptable AFL level pressure.

We are dumb sprint fit at the moment
Fair enough...; lets look at the Adelaide win.
RFC top 5/10 players for distance run.
RFC top 5/10 for high speed.
RFC top 5/10 for sprints

AFC ran 6kms further than RFC
RFC out sprinted AFC 316 to 259

Sydney win
RFC top 6/10 players for distance run.
RFC top 7/10 for high speed.
RFC top 7/10 for sprints

SFC ran 4kms further than RFC
RFC out sprinted SFC 295 to 291

Round 1
Carlton draw
RFC top 5/10 players for distance run.
RFC top 4/10 for high speed.
RFC top 5/10 for sprints

CFC ran 52 kms further than RFC
CFC out sprinted RFC 219 to 200

Dusty, Ryan and Prestia probably available this week ... Tresize deserving of a game

Out Cumberland for Dusty, Campbell for Tresize (send Short to HF) McIntosh for Prestia (send Broad to wing Banks to HB)

BUT who would you bring Ryan in for ... our games against Geelong and Adelaide he was very important

Can we please start playing what few KPP we have in their key positions? How are we supposed to know what we need to recruit if we keep shuffling the deck chairs? Balta is a defender; period. If we need forwards then recruit them. Nank continues to try hard but the midfield must be reading a different game plan. Too many passengers relying on past performances - what’s that line from the super ads, “past performance is no guarantee of future returns”. Kind of sums up the team right now

We couldn’t be any further from a “corridor attacking aggressive side” if we tried.
Seems it’s just kick long down the line and hope for the best.
Ball movement is generally a product of your midfield qty , ours is prob league worst and so is ball movement it’s no co incidence it’s academic , we need 10-12 new players in Saturdays side , some may argue more , I accept that too

Was out bodied multiple times, and caught out of position. Just looked a completely different player in comparison to last week.

I still believe he’s our most improved by a longggg way this year, and he has been rock solid for us. So I’m not overly fussed by the performance
Agreed, watching it I saw him pleading to the umpire a couple of times for a push but watching the replay he was just out bustled a touch early but not unreasonable. This season is a great education for him, he’s learning weekly what it takes to be a key defender at afl level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast v Fremantle & Changes for GWS

Back