Autopsy Roast & Toast v GWS and Changes for Port

Top 5 v GWS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Miller - Terrible. Must be playing with a niggle or something but he was non competitive today.
We've had games where the opposition has sent a tsunami of I50's and our backline have copped heroically.
Today was the opposite.

Hopper, Taranto & Prestia shows what our team can be like with a healthy midfield.
Whilst not glamorous by any stretch it's solid enough to battle well against the better sides and still be competitive.
25+ for all of them is tick.
If we could get them on the park together in 2025, it will go a long way to protecting our new kids like Macaulife and phase them into AFL footy and aid their development.

Nank was great especially in the 3rd qtr. 22 disposals, 36 HO's & 5 clearances is a great return.

Although i'd be happy to see him move on as a FA for some compo, Graham did have a good game. Tried his guts out all game but does lack the polish that you need from a player like him.

Mansell excellent. Not easy being a small forward in a dysfunctional forward line but he did really well today.

Hugo very good. Glad to see his stocks rise in 2024.

Love how positive you are, keep it up.
Like many I'm disappointed we're losing, but in a season like this it's the small wins that bring hope. A young player taking a step forward in their development or a whipping boy showing that with opportunity they can become a handy role player keep me turning up and sitting in the stands and watching. Being there when the seeds are sewn will make the rewards all the more sweeter when they come.

I was happy today - stupid happy, but happy.

Finally got to see a game live.

We really contended with GWS, who got us on cleanness and maturity.

Some of the kids did well - Green, Banks etc

Midfield worked well in general.

KPFs couldn't take a mark or convert opportunities, unfortunately. But Sampson could actually hold his own in the AFL for he first time. Huge step up.

Pick 1 looks fairly well locked in maybe 2 if we beat North.

Overall, I see a team that has weaknesses, but has he ability to improve fairly quickly if he right players are added. High end skilled mids and KPFs particularly.

few issues, Miller missing some punches, kozi can't kick straight, Ryan can't mark. Minor issues we can fix by ....

I was one of the 19,000 today but I regretted it pretty early on. Club standards have plummeted. I don't know where to start, Miller's half-hearted attempts at spoiling and playing metres away from Hogan, Sonsie's efforts and lack of pace/application, Ryan's inability to impact and constantly being outbustled in physical contests with an inability to take a mark (how much longer can we wait for this guy), McIntosh's horrible skills, Short's lack of leadership and courage. I could go on but I think I've had enough of watching this crap. The club expects supporters to be loyal and attend games but unless there are consequences for half-hearted efforts and an obvious standards uplift then crowd attendance will be poor. On a positive note the VFL team was impressive in all parts of the ground.
I think the performance was a fair bit better than that
Won clearances
Win contested
Won i50s
Lost the game
As I pointed in pre season our fortunes very much reflect our dearth of talent in f50
The idea to drop blight and play Ryan was a bewildering one , samo try’s hard enough but is incapable of taking a overhead mark in f50 , he’s a classic wooden spoon kpp , that is miles off the level ,,,,,
Up the other end GWS key forwards hogan riccardi cadman would have taken 12-15 marks between most <35m from goal . Would have been a great experience for blight and I actually like Balta up forward
Well done steely green , I really liked his practice match form and was surprised that we went with Seth Campbell for the next 18weeks in front of him . He looks a genuine small forward who ll probably leave due to lack of opportunity coz it’s so hard to break into this great side

Last edited:
Sorry TI I rate you mate but your boy Miller is an absolute dud. He can’t even make a basic spoil or contest.
I was very vocal about Millers game today, it was an absolute shocker

But TigerImposter ’s boy has also had a fantastic season so far and been an absolute rock down back

Not happy with his game but even the best players have bad ones

What’s important now is how he responds next week and learns from today

Like many I'm disappointed we're losing, but in a season like this it's the small wins that bring hope. A young player taking a step forward in their development or a whipping boy showing that with opportunity they can become a handy role player keep me turning up and sitting in the stands and watching. Being there when the seeds are sewn will make the rewards all the more sweeter when they come.
How much did the entire energy of the game change with Greens little purple patch

I was happy today - stupid happy, but happy.

Finally got to see a game live.

We really contended with GWS, who got us on cleanness and maturity.

Some of the kids did well - Green, Banks etc

Midfield worked well in general.

KPFs couldn't take a mark or convert opportunities, unfortunately. But Sampson could actually hold his own in the AFL for he first time. Huge step up.

Pick 1 looks fairly well locked in maybe 2 if we beat North.

Overall, I see a team that has weaknesses, but has he ability to improve fairly quickly if he right players are added. High end skilled mids and KPFs particularly.

few issues, Miller missing some punches, kozi can't kick straight, Ryan can't mark. Minor issues we can fix by ....
Hugo and browny were very good , couldn’t understand the idea to play brown at FF if you wanted to get funky put him up on a wing to stay in the game , he’s a good thinker , don’t take him right out of it ,,,perhaps blight last week would have been a better idea in that vein ,,,,strange

Some real positives from the boys, the effort was there, that’s all you want to see .

Still can’t work out how we Play/select our sub.
Pisses me right off that we don’t determine sub should get a min 1/2 a game and why of why does jimmy warrant being sub ,,,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry TI I rate you mate but your boy Miller is an absolute dud. He can’t even make a basic spoil or contest.
He was good in the last when Trezise came on . Selectors need to start looking at genuine culprits like Short and Broad who leave most of the work for Balta, Miller and Flossy. Miller made some poor decisions today and he will learn from them.

Miller - Terrible. Must be playing with a niggle or something but he was non competitive today.
We've had games where the opposition has sent a tsunami of I50's and our backline have copped heroically.
Today was the opposite.

Hopper, Taranto & Prestia shows what our team can be like with a healthy midfield.
Whilst not glamorous by any stretch it's solid enough to battle well against the better sides and still be competitive.
25+ for all of them is tick.
If we could get them on the park together in 2025, it will go a long way to protecting our new kids like Macaulife and phase them into AFL footy and aid their development.

Nank was great especially in the 3rd qtr. 22 disposals, 36 HO's & 5 clearances is a great return.

Although i'd be happy to see him move on as a FA for some compo, Graham did have a good game. Tried his guts out all game but does lack the polish that you need from a player like him.

Mansell excellent. Not easy being a small forward in a dysfunctional forward line but he did really well today.

Hugo very good. Glad to see his stocks rise in 2024.
This post is perfect

Pisses me right off that we don’t determine sub should get a min 1/2 a game and why of why does jimmy warrant being sub ,,,
I don’t know, maybe I’m a whining old * but surely when you’re developing a team like we are you get games into the players you hope are going to be part of our next generation.
Playing Tresize as sub , just garbage, same with Smith against the Cats.

Miller looked off again today, what’s happened to him since he bathed Curnow?

Mansell for me is just such a goer, love his enthusiasm and the way he plays.

Trezise deserves a full game. Was good when he came on. Looks composed

Steely Green might’ve saved his career with today. Looked dangerous when he came on and almost dragged us back in it himself.

It’s tough to make it happen every week but LEAVE BALTA DOWN BACK!!! Please please please

Nank again showed why he’s arguably the no.1 ruck in the comp at the moment.

Sonsie is, well, done I think. A great VFL player and that’s where it ends. See ya..

Same amount of scoring shots against a good side. We kick straight and we probably win. At least there was a bit more intent to want the footy today. Just our execution and decision making a bit off. Clean it up and hopefully grab a win before the end of the year

half the crowd is down to being shit, the other half is protesting the way the cfl has treated us , dont ever forget they changed the rules to stop us winning more premierships, and they deployed their corrupt cfl umpires to ream us with no lube in every single game

its a unique situation that no other club in the comp has ever come across
3:20pm game on a Sunday can get in the bin....

I think the performance was a fair bit better than than that
Won clearances
Win contested
Won i50s
Lost the game
As I pointed in pre season our fortunes very much reflect our dearth of talent in f50
The idea to drop blight and play Ryan was a bewildering one , samo try’s hard enough but is incapable of taking a overhead mark in f50 , he’s a classic wooden spoon kpp , that is miles off the level ,,,,,
Up the other end GWS key forwards hogan riccardi cadman would have taken 12-15 marks between most <35m from goal . Would have been a great experience for blight and I actually like Balta up forward
Well done steely green , I really liked his practice match form and was surprised that we went with Seth Campbell for the next 18weeks in front of him . He looks a genuine small forward who ll probably leave due to lack of opportunity coz it’s so hard to break into this great side
Although the midfield was reasonable, some of the I50s weren't clean but agree that forward line was dysfunctional and lacked polish and skill.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast v GWS and Changes for Port

Back