Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Essendon & Changes for R12 vs Geelong

Best 5 vs Essendon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought Campbell played pretty good , felt missing the game last week was just what he needed in a way looked a lot more energetic

He’s a very good mark for his size

give west coast our first and baker for harley reid

all reid has to do is say he is homesick and we are in the box seat

need to pull out all the stops for a generational player. hes with connor sports that bloke loves us (big sexy)

I think Balta did firm up back half , baker back into the side with pres made the midfield more competitive , another pointer for the importance of experience around the ball
Of youngsters that looked good
Hugo
Browny
Cambo
Mcauliffe
Samson Ryan is a worry not sure what issue he adds , and cumbo tries hard enough but it never amounts to much his kicking for goal like a 36 handicappers golf swing

Also props to our entire midfield unit, Nank, Dow, Kmac2 and Prestia really controlled the game and didn’t give Essendon any real opportunities from centre or general stoppages

Really gave our backline an opportunity to set up and give them the best chance to actually defend
Likewise it meant or forwards had better opportunities

I cannot see why Dow attracts any interest. Even if he had 50’possessions they would never hurt the opposition. Dud. Delist. Short is a cheat. Gets cheap possessions and does FA with them. Even when they gifted him a b and F he was the same.

Some of the others might make it. Mc2 for sure.
Just thinking about Short and our game plan ... set up with few tall forwards, any forwards up there seem to be outnumbered Combo vs Ridley & Redman at times.

In modern football with 40% efficiency inside 50. What are we scoring 2 out 5 entries. It feels like Short's long kicks are about giving our team & backline time to reset.

Last edited:
Cumberland the 20 gamer that you are scapegoating and punching down on, or some other Cumberland?

2nd for tackles and pressure points, forced to play on Ridley, giving away 5 inches.

Sounds like he had a Castagna sort of game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just thinking about Short and our game plan ... set up with few tall forwards, any forwards up there seem to be outnumbered Combo vs Ridley at times.

In modern football with 40% efficiency inside 50. What are we scoring 2 out 5 entries. It feels like Short's long kicks are about giving our team & backline time to reset.
Were the ones he kicked straight to oppo designed to give us time to set up?

What’s clear is that no one on our team has any idea what the he’s going to do. They are all flat flooted when he takes off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
which would be fine if he was kicking goals. not bringing that Mansell will walk right in
now that Dusty has found form Combo's spot is under threat

carltoon are going to file a complaint about the umpiring 🤣🤣🤣 no this is not april fools

one time it doesnt go their way they lodge a complaint 🤣🤣🤣

What have we done? Have been bent over and had it dry for 10 years and we spend all our time redeveloping JD stand. JFC have a sook for once

How was Cumberland so accurate and clean in those first 8 games before the Brisbane final? Since then he shanks everything. I guess similar happened to Stack where he was so well balanced in his first season, then would slip over 10 times a game after that.

I really don't see it with Ryan, but we really have no other talls going forward the next few seasons so he's going to get every opportunity to make it.

Campbell was great, back to early season form, maybe just needed a break and should have been rested earlier.

Sonsie I'm not really sure about. Hugo, Dow and McCauliffe were good.

Tom Brown battling a bit, kid has played 8 in a row, maybe needs a rest.
even in 22 Combo was never accurate. debut game kicked a few behinds before his goals

amazing how much better we play when we at least have a structured team.
balta down back gave the backline confidence, samson in the ruck i thought was good, he done some good tap work giving our midfield first use. playing macca provided good experience and a calming head around the ground.
martin finally being a little more selfish and just kikn for goal.
what has happened to short? i think he needs to take a extra second or two before he kicks.

how did he kick 5 and look like a star against the bears

was only his 3rd or 4th game
I have no idea. He used to have so much flair when playing. Can’t play at that level anymore. Gets beaten way too much nowadays.

Maybe he needs to go to a new club. New environment. I don’t think he’ll make it with us unless something changes drastically from now until the end of the season.

I think Balta did firm up back half , baker back into the side with pres made the midfield more competitive , another pointer for the importance of experience around the ball
Of youngsters that looked good
Hugo
Browny
Cambo
Mcauliffe
Samson Ryan is a worry not sure what issue he adds , and cumbo tries hard enough but it never amounts to much his kicking for goal like a 36 handicappers golf swing
Ryan matched it OK with oppo back up ruckman, presented for that down the line contest that RFC are shocking at, contested in the front half.
Dropped a mark or 2? sure. Miller was actually worse for that.

Balta back, Le Fau fwd and back up ruck off the bench. Is good for us.

Vintage Dusty was amazing to watch. Bolton playing well was too. Sad that he got injured though.

Finally scored above 60, conceded below 100. A loss isn’t much to celebrate, but I like some of the signs we saw yesterday.

I thought Campbell did pretty well yesterday. Just my opinion though

Alright, so going by this, next weekend “potentially” we could have Trezise, Banks, Mansell, Graham and Hopper available for selection while we lose Bolton to concussion protocols. Following that maybe Taranto.

IMG_1291.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Essendon & Changes for R12 vs Geelong

Back