Round 10 Melbourne v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

The players should act like they actually give a **** about playing. Many of the players, for the amount of time they've been in the system, should be playing with far greater intensity and awareness.

They ****ing should, yeah.

I don't know anymore to be honest. It's hard to see where the improvement will come, if at all. We really are the laughing stock. Cometti uses us as the lowest example (called Brisbane 'Melbourne-esque' on Friday night), we get told to fold on the main board in serious posts and we've got everyone lining up to laugh at us without offering any support.

I've stopped caring about Melbourne at this point. My interest in footy is much more about teams other than Melbourne. Loved watching Cats-Suns last night; tomorrow night should be really good too. But I just can't bring myself to care about the Dees - if I care it just hurts too damn much.

At some point the coach has to receive the blame. Coaches should be able to get the players understanding and knowing what they have to do.

Don't get me wrong, the players aren't blameless, but the coach damn well shouldn't be either.

What worries me though is the attitude.

You turn up if you have the opportunity to go. To not go because of who the coach might be is pretty bloody soft.

It's hard to think that an AFL club can be this bad, it's pretty sad, i really feel for Dees supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's hard to think that an AFL club can be this bad, it's pretty sad, i really feel for Dees supporters.

The old man says it's the worst Melbourne side he's ever seen, and he lived through the 70s.

Bruce: '...the effort is there, but the reward isn't'

Errr, is it? Really? They haven't given up completely but they're hardly cracking in Koby Stevens style.

Koby playing on 1 leg anchored to the goal square last night played better than half the Melbourne players are now :eek:

What the shit is this! I quickly nip down to the bottlo to grab some booze and I come back to find that has been raining Melbourne goal.

Hmmm!! What are we drinking?? Spill the beans and discussion on what we are all drinking this arvo may be better than the game discussion itself! :D

I have a small Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey over the rocks right now! Yummo!

The old man says it's the worst Melbourne side he's ever seen, and he lived through the 70s.

I've only been watching footy with a good understanding from about 1998, and this Melbourne team is the worst i have ever seen out of all the teams. Don't know how bad teams were back in the early 90's, 80's and 70's but you've just pointed out that this is worse than those.

13-82 at HT, could get very ugly.

Said they'd get 10 that quarter, but only managed 9. Plus their defense was as loose as a wizard sleeve letting Melbourne get 1.4. Need to lift in the 3rd, Hawks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 10 Melbourne v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back