Autopsy Round 22 = Sydney 89-86 Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

No the two from Cox and Moore were blatant taps towards the boundary from 2 dumb footballers.
Cox was deliberate and dumb. Moore’s one wasn’t, Cameron was right nearby.

There were other ridiculous calls during the game like Daicos tapping the ball forward before it was about to go out, he actually made a play to keep it in and got penalised.

I can’t think of many occasions where players are brazen enough to do what Moore did, let alone what the outcome was. If someone finds footage of other examples I’d be keen to watch it. Absolutely no issues with that umpiring decision as far as I’m concerned.
That one ump called for a throw in says it easily could have gone the other way

A lousy way to end of Premiership defence.

The match was virtually a carbon copy of last week, giving up last five goals after grinding our way to a winning position and kicking first goal in Q4. In both games we were smashed in centre clearances and inside-50’s in the final 20mins. Completely under siege and unable to score ourselves.

Regardless of the disappointment, hats off to Darcy Cameron, who played another great game tonight. He has arguably been our most consistent and structurally most important player all season. I hope he wins the Copeland Trophy. Kudos.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We got the first goal of the last quarter.
That's what makes it such a bitter pill to swallow. We did the same last week when Billy snapped that goal. All the momentum and adrenalin going our way and we still managed to lose one and fluke the other. The fact that I texted my son at 27 points up and said I still don't trust our boys to get the job done (he agreed) is a sad reflection on the team.

Who honestly believed we would go on with it and run over them with a 7 goal win? I'd be stunned if anyone did. We were all waiting for the run to start and sure enough -it did.

I don't think I'll be in bed for a few hours- I'm so wound up!

It was obvious we were going to lose the game from the first couple of minutes of the last quarter. The defensive slow play bullshit was on show nice and early and is it any surprise we let them in and didn't know what to do? Just like last week.. Hello Craig Mcrae? Seriously two ****n weeks in a row and MULTIPLE times this year? FFS!!!!

Ahaha mate. You just need to look at our socials to see what the majority of pies supporters are thinking. You're the minority.
Socials????

That’s it you got me. The geniuses of social media outrage always get it right.

You sound like a very special one.

Its only pot luck that this didnt happen 2 weeks in a row. Despite the umpires, who I'm sure we will all be told did a stellar job, we should have been able to hang on. Thats on us. That game was in the bag.

Fore sure, on us 100%. I think our fitness level was just never where it needed to be this season. We just couldn't run games out strongly, just preferring to try and hang on using whatever energy we had to defend.

Like tonight and last week we just never even look like trying to put a stop to it, we just let the comeback continue on and on until it's too late, games over. We are the anti-2023 Collingwood.

We lost a lot of games in the final 5 min or 10 mins this year to so many teams when last year we would win. The Hawks game was so bad I think they raised the white flag real early knowing they couldn't run with them or even tackle them. 2023 was a year where we were just a little bit better than most teams in fitness, effort & hunger but this year we are a little bit worse than most in these areas, maybe more than a little bit. A shift of 5% the other way and we get the season we had. It also means if we can improve 5% in 2025 we could get back just as quick but the list does looks like it needs a long, long rest.

Ahaha mate. You just need to look at our socials to see what the majority of pies supporters are thinking. You're the minority.
Ahh, Social media! A place where only the most intelligent, well adjusted people in the world congregate and share their well thought out views on a particular situation. You would absolutely never catch a single one of them post any irrational nonsense, oh no!

Cox was deliberate and dumb. Moore’s one wasn’t, Cameron was right nearby.

There were other ridiculous calls during the game like Daicos tapping the ball forward before it was about to go out, he actually made a play to keep it in and got penalised.

Cox knocked it in front of himself and was then tackled without the ball which stopped him keeping it in.

Schultz cops a lot of flack. Didn’t look to do a lot from the broadcast, but he might one of those players who are noticed more at the ground vs on tv. At the ground in previous weeks he does a lot of unrewarded running to present or pressure.

That said, he misses a lot of gettable shots on goal and they’re often not close either. He’s not the only player who misses goals, but I have no confidence when he lines up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schultz cops a lot of flack. Didn’t look to do a lot from the broadcast, but he might one of those players who are noticed more at the ground vs on tv. At the ground in previous weeks he does a lot of unrewarded running to present or pressure.

That said, he misses a lot of gettable shots on goal and they’re often not close either. He’s not the only player who misses goals, but I have no confidence when he lines up.
He's a b grader at best unfortunately

Can’t agree. In both situations there’s an element of benefit of the doubt that would usually create latitude. In both cases the goodwill was eradicated by our behaviours. Umpires anticipate the intent based on the pattern of behaviour, and are therefore less doubtful in making their decision.

so by extension, the head high frees that Ginni is now receiving at haw .. the team that has received the most F50 frees for head-high tackles (by some margin) after commenting publicly that Ginni has "educated" his fellow small forwards on the 'skill' involved .. receiving praise by D.King-e no less on the 'clever tactics' being employed. media narrative or pattern of behaviour (Joel says hi)

so by extension, this 'pattern of behaviour' has been declared to all n sundry, with the officiating chaps seemingly unperturbed by such behaviour, showing no ambiguity in their decision-making and in fact, extending a good dose of goodwill to those striding around in the brown & gold

yeah nah, bias (call it corruption if you will) with little subtlety AFAIC, either top-down or bottom-up ..dun matter, one set of rules, adjudicated very differently

He's a b grader at best unfortunately
Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s top 10 in the Copeland. The voting system favours games played, but I sense he’s playing the role asked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 22 = Sydney 89-86 Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back