Unfortunately Perrie not good enough unfortunately

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Ian Perrie!!!...USELESS

maccas_no1 said:
Yes you would expect that to feed a FF such as Riccuito or Welsh, Riccuito didnt play and Welsh was struggling, Perrie needed to stand up and did no damage by taking marks on the wing.
But he had Bock to kick to and Welsh didn't even play close to goal :confused:

One bad doesn't make a career. By this garbage thats being thrown around regarding Perrie, why don't we delist Tyson Edwards because he sure as hell could have worn Eagles jumper yesterday :rolleyes:

We are turning into Power supporters looking to kill off our own :mad:

No matter who you put on the park, sometimes you simply come up against a better side. Until we have somebody better than Perrie to play CHF, he'll stay there. You just have to make the best with what you have, or go out and trade or draft for better.

We had the week's break, home ground advantage, favourable weather conditions, supposedly superior fitness and led comfortably at half time, yet WC still found a way to win. They were the better side and we were lucky they didn't kick straight, or it would have been over by 3/4 time.

Stiffy_18 said:
But he had Bock to kick to and Welsh didn't even play close to goal :confused:

One bad doesn't make a career. By this garbage thats being thrown around regarding Perrie, why don't we delist Tyson Edwards because he sure as hell could have worn Eagles jumper yesterday :rolleyes:

We are turning into Power supporters looking to kill off our own :mad:

No Im not saying that either Im saying for a player such as Perrie who has been playing at AFL level for a very longtime in a game we counted on him to stand up he failed to, along with many others yesterday.

maccas_no1 said:
No Im not saying that either Im saying for a player such as Perrie who has been playing at AFL level for a very longtime in a game we counted on him to stand up he failed to, along with many others yesterday.
So why is he the one that gets singled out but players like Bassett, Edwards and a few other "star" players get a free ride. Last I checked football was a team game.

McLeod23 said:
Welsh was a almost useless. Fact.
Welsh was good in the 1st half & ran Glass all over the forward line.

In the 2nd half Woosha moved Brett Jones onto Welsh, who completely shut him down. Tried to get too involved in body contests, rather than leading up the ground like he did against Glass.

Stiffy_18 said:
So why is he the one that gets singled out but players like Bassett, Edwards and a few other "star" players get a free ride. Last I checked football was a team game.
I agree Stiffy that these 2 were probably the most disappointing. Bassett was way too loose on Hunter when we needed him just to shut him down & play him tight.

SpringChoke said:
and that's the key comment in this post - "just weren't good enough in the end". So what do we do, pesist with the same 22 from this year and then get knocked out again in next years prelim final.

A little bit of criticsm on this board and people get all up in arms. Some on here are looking for solutions to some glaring deficincies in the hope that we can take that extra step.

To take the extra step, we need to find a KPP, Perrie isn't the answer.

but is he the problem?

http://www.pro-stats.com.au/psw/web/player_career?pid=517

Averages 1.2 contested marks per game.
Averages 1.2 per game.

Not good enough for one of our first choice tall Forwards. One contested mark a game - that's almost unbelievable.

He is too quick to pull out of a contest or look for a free, instead of crashing the pack trying to take the hard mark.

As I said before, Perrie tries his heart out, and when we were a middle of the road team, that was enough.

I don't believe it's enough now, and I don't believe Perrie is the answer for the future.

King Elvis said:
http://www.pro-stats.com.au/psw/web/player_career?pid=517

Averages 1.2 contested marks per game.
Averages 1.2 per game.

Not good enough for one of our first choice tall Forwards. One contested mark a game - that's almost unbelievable.

He is too quick to pull out of a contest or look for a free, instead of crashing the pack trying to take the hard mark.

As I said before, Perrie tries his heart out, and when we were a middle of the road team, that was enough.

I don't believe it's enough now, and I don't believe Perrie is the answer for the future.
Oh yeah, Kent Kingsley is the answer to our prayers :rolleyes:

Stiffy_18 said:

Neither of them are.

I'm suggesting Kingsley as a stop gap until Trent gets back, but only if we could basically get him for free.

That being said, I still think we'd be better served seeing if we can develop Meeson or Maric or even Biglands as a forward.

Adelaide Cows said:
Good post. And without the uneducated crap that alot have gone on about. Perries second efforts are usually exceptional, he is without doubt a workhorse above anything else, he adds to the structure and brings the ball to ground, alot like Robran did in our glory years (funny he was much maligned also). Why that all went missing yesterday of all days needs to be questioned, certainly when he ran to the bench he was favouring one leg, and if you'd heard him interviewed he is playing under duress, but in the prelim final it looked pretty lame.

We can't get that one back, and I for one am looking forward (what else can we do) to him getting on with the job next year fully fit and rearing to go.

PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE. don't ever again talk about that useless so-and so perrie in the same breath as Barrie Robran,I only missed about ten games that Barry played in his first class career,and it is sacrilege to talk about Perrie in the same breath as Barry.

You also say that Barry was "much maligned" ....I don't think you know what you are talking about to be honest,when he had an off day he still used to get BOG,and I NEVER heard of him being "maligned"...are you old enough to have seen this genius play football???? POETRY IN MOTION is the only way I would describe Barry Robran,the most skilful player I have ever seen in my life......Perrie??? not even a good SANFL player,ask Andrew Jarman's opinion.:mad: :mad: :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wiljoy said:
PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE. don't ever again talk about that useless so-and so perrie in the same breath as Barrie Robran,I only missed about ten games that Barry played in his first class career,and it is sacrilege to talk about Perrie in the same breath as Barry.

You also say that Barry was "much maligned" ....I don't think you know what you are talking about to be honest,when he had an off day he still used to get BOG,and I NEVER heard of him being "maligned"...are you old enough to have seen this genius play football???? POETRY IN MOTION is the only way I would describe Barry Robran,the most skilful player I have ever seen in my life......Perrie??? not even a good SANFL player,ask Andrew Jarman's opinion.:mad: :mad: :mad:
How about you actually read what was written before going off half cocked. At no stage did anyone here mention Barry Robran other than you.

I suggest you put that glass down, step away from the keyboard and have a long and hard think about what you just posted.

Stiffy_18 said:
How about you actually read what was written before going off half cocked. At no stage did anyone here mention Barry Robran other than you.

I suggest you put that glass down, step away from the keyboard and have a long and hard think about what you just posted.

I don't know if Old Man River know's that the Robran blood line didn't stop with Barry ;)

Stiffy_18 said:
Pavlich will.:D Anyone think Bock is the answer? Same type of player as Barry Hall (when playing forward). Hunter and Bock are actually similar type palyers.. Both quick on the lead and can play back or forwards. IMO he should play forward.. is presenting well and has kicked some key goals for us. With Stevens back there donig a good job he should stay permanently forward/

crowsarethebest said:
Pavlich will.:D Anyone think Bock is the answer? Same type of player as Barry Hall (when playing forward). Hunter and Bock are actually similar type palyers.. Both quick on the lead and can play back or forwards. IMO he should play forward.. is presenting well and has kicked some key goals for us. With Stevens back there donig a good job he should stay permanently forward/

Not a bad call.

Get Kenny back up, fully fit and firing, Stevens has a solid pre-season and hits the gym a bit, Boky fully fit at CHF...Roo at FF

Could go alright.

Kane McGoodwin said:
Welsh was good in the 1st half & ran Glass all over the forward line.

In the 2nd half Woosha moved Brett Jones onto Welsh, who completely shut him down. Tried to get too involved in body contests, rather than leading up the ground like he did against Glass.

I'm glad you mentioned Glass, because I doubt very much that most punters would have picked up just how much he hurt us yesterday - mainly after half-time.

When Glass was moved off of Welsh, he went onto Burton and dried up a source that could have won the game for us. That was always the danger in not having a big body at FF such as McGregor's to keep Glass locked back there, while Burton could have run his own race around the forward line.

The one thing I have to criticize the coaching panel for was their choice of interchange players after half time - Welsh, Bode and VB, the last named one in particular as he had kept the eventual match-breaker Cousins under control.

I thought that was strange and indirectly triggered the start of our demise in that fatal 12 minute period after half-time.

King Elvis said:
Not a bad call.

Get Kenny back up, fully fit and firing, Stevens has a solid pre-season and hits the gym a bit, Boky fully fit at CHF...Roo at FF

Could go alright.
Would be so good if Kenny was more mobile... Still hes a good contested mark but his mobility is a worry. Hopefully next year he works on this.

Stiffy_18 said:

Best self-pwn ever.

:D

the Sarge has usually performed better than most in finals games (except his 2nd half yesterday) and in his defence he was playing under duress - and most of our forwards in the 2nd half were beaten

however, it was our midfield that got smashed and its always been our midfield getting smashed, particularly against the Eagles, when we lose - and i think that is our real problem area.

we have a talented group of midfielders however as a mix we are missing real pace

Stiffy_18 said:

OK OK<I misunderstood the thread, I made a mistake, so you go to the top of the class.take an apple for the teacher.:p :p :p

PS Perrie is not even 30% as good as MAT Robran.

Unfortunately Perrie not good enough unfortunately

Remove this Banner Ad

Back