Unfortunately Perrie not good enough unfortunately

Remove this Banner Ad

SpringChoke said:
I agree with what your saying Stiff but it is also quite obvious we won't win a GF with Perrie and welsh as our main focal points.

how is it quite obvious, we easily could've won this game.

we seem to have the wood on sydney, so I'd say it is quite obvious that we COULD have won a GF with these two.

just the way the cookie crumbles.

Dry Rot said:
Yes, it isn't rocket science. If the ball isn't coming into the forward line, forwards can't do too much.

Anyone got the stats for inside 50s for each side for the second half? IIRC, WCE killed you on this.

And in fact, the odd time, late in the game, when it did go in, your forwards almost pulled it off.

Sorry, this thread is crap and ignores the real resosn you got done.

what did I tell you about those honest, unbiased and reasoned opinions of yours. ;)

well said.

Stiffy_18 said:
I am still waiting.

How good was that courageous act in the center square against Stinger that led to our goal :thumbsu:

Thats why #12 is in my team EVERY week.

I remember that, put his body on the line and got back up straight away. I recall John Reid saying that Shirley is the toughest player in the team, and stuff like that certainly proves it. :thumbsu:

Re: Ian Perrie!!!...USELESS

bluecrow said:
Are you the idiot that phoned up 5AA after the match? :rolleyes: :thumbsdown:

If you saw Perrie as having had a good game,then might I suggest you go to No 230 Pirie street in Adelaide,which is the centre for the visually impaired people,and put your name down for a white stick!! Stevie Wonder could have seen that Perrie was absolutely crap,it is probably the worst individual performance I have ever seen in the AFL,He would be lucky to get a place in the Gaza team in the Amateur league, (I apologise to Gaza)

By the way are you a close relative of Perrie??

As I remarked on an earlier thread,Andrew Jarman kicked him out of North Adelaide once because,I understand Jarman said he wasn't dedicated to the game enough to justify his place at Prospect.

Perrie dropped at least 5 easy marks,and I agree with an earlier writer that says,PERRIE ..DELISTED.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Drummond said:
I want him delisted.

I want him out of the Crows.

He is the most pathetic footballer I have seen. He can't kick, can't run, can't mark.

DELISTED.

I totally agree with you.....Shane Warne once said about a pommie cricketer,you cant bat,you cant bowl,and you cant field,a similar situation that you say about Perrie,...he was running around like a chook with it's head cut off,if he is in the best team for the Crows,they must be pretty hard up for talent.:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

In defence of Perrie, I think his knee really let him down. He couldn't turn on it quickly for most of the game and he seemed to be limping in the last qtr. I think he still has a spot at the club and hopefully he'll improve over the pre season.

Crow-mo said:
well said :thumbsu:

but the pathology of the average fan is such that they have to blame someone. As you say, sometimes your opponent was just a bit too good.

hell it's obvious we had our chances, just weren't good enough in the end.

and that's the key comment in this post - "just weren't good enough in the end". So what do we do, pesist with the same 22 from this year and then get knocked out again in next years prelim final.

A little bit of criticsm on this board and people get all up in arms. Some on here are looking for solutions to some glaring deficincies in the hope that we can take that extra step.

To take the extra step, we need to find a KPP, Perrie isn't the answer.

SpringChoke said:
To take the extra step, we need to find a KPP, Perrie isn't the answer.

You may be right but it's one thing to say we need a KPP and another to find one.

Unfortunately our draft position will not solve the problem.

I would like people to post actual solutions rather than just denigrate players

King Elvis said:
He's a very good SANFL player, very average AFL player - a lot like Daniel Schell. He tries his guts out, but it's not enough anymore - he simply cannot take a contested mark.

I'm sorry, but this is a stupid comment by someone who appears not to watch the game.

If this is true, explain why Perrie was our leading contested mark and in the top 10 in the league last season?

Oh, just dribbling **** were you? :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can understand some poster's annoyance at the chastising and complaining on this thread, but the truth is that a few players were terrible yesterday and, as we lost the game, we need to look at how we can improve.

Perrie was a disaster. Fact.

Welsh was a almost useless. Fact.

Its tough winning a Prelim when two out of three tall forwards are offering nothing. Bock was sensational and with Stevens improving out of sight in defence, I think Nathan's future is in the forward 50.

Bassett and Edwards played their worst games of the season, IMHO.

Stiffy was brilliant.

Clarke tried his guts out and he put in a great effort in what was probably his last game.

Still think the guy is on the money, Perrie was unaccountable yesterday, we needed him to stand up, he dropped marks, his 2nd efforts werent there, his desperation wasnt there, the marks he did take were up on the wing which for Perrie isnt where he needs to be taking marks.

maccas_no1 said:
Still think the guy is on the money, Perrie was unaccountable yesterday, we needed him to stand up, he dropped marks, his 2nd efforts werent there, his desperation wasnt there, the marks he did take were up on the wing which for Perrie isnt where he needs to be taking marks.

Actually, Perrie has always played lead-up CHF and taken a lot of marks on the wing.

He had a bad game. Natch. He was arguably our best finals performer last year, but suddenly because he has an average game we delist him?

Let's consider the 5 finals he's played under Craig

v STK 2005: 17 possessions, 10 marks, 0.1 - in the best
v PAFC 2005: 9 possessions, 5 marks, 3.0 - kicked his share
v WCE 2005: 20 possessions, 8 marks, 1.2 - in the best
v Freo 2006: 11 possessions, 4 marks, 1.4 - created plenty of opportunities
v WCE 2006: 8 possessions, 7 marks - poor game

Hardly the stats of a finals hack. Remember in 2006 he has played only a handful of games and was coming back after a serious knee injury and was still a bit proppy.

A bit of perspective please.

maccas_no1 said:

Good post. And without the uneducated crap that alot have gone on about. Perries second efforts are usually exceptional, he is without doubt a workhorse above anything else, he adds to the structure and brings the ball to ground, alot like Robran did in our glory years (funny he was much maligned also). Why that all went missing yesterday of all days needs to be questioned, certainly when he ran to the bench he was favouring one leg, and if you'd heard him interviewed he is playing under duress, but in the prelim final it looked pretty lame.

We can't get that one back, and I for one am looking forward (what else can we do) to him getting on with the job next year fully fit and rearing to go.

Drummond said:
I want him delisted.

I want him out of the Crows.

He is the most pathetic footballer I have seen. He can't kick, can't run, can't mark.

DELISTED.

Ihave to admit until yesterday I didn't realise how much of a dud Perrie was. He was totally out of his depth.

maccas_no1 said:
On the contrary, that EXACTLY where the coaches want him to lead.

I know I had said McGregor should have come in for Perrie (Im a huge Kenny fan) but I didnt want to be right!:( Bad luck about yeterday guys, one thing I havnt heard mentioned much was the loss of Biglands, I thought that really hurt us as Clarky had to do it himself and they seemed to dominate the clearances after this.

Stiffy_18 said:
On the contrary, that EXACTLY where the coaches want him to lead.

Yes you would expect that to feed a FF such as Riccuito or Welsh, Riccuito didnt play and Welsh was struggling, Perrie needed to stand up and did no damage by taking marks on the wing.

just maybe said:
Actually, Perrie has always played lead-up CHF and taken a lot of marks on the wing.

He had a bad game. Natch. He was arguably our best finals performer last year, but suddenly because he has an average game we delist him?

Let's consider the 5 finals he's played under Craig

v STK 2005: 17 possessions, 10 marks, 0.1 - in the best
v PAFC 2005: 9 possessions, 5 marks, 3.0 - kicked his share
v WCE 2005: 20 possessions, 8 marks, 1.2 - in the best
v Freo 2006: 11 possessions, 4 marks, 1.4 - created plenty of opportunities
v WCE 2006: 8 possessions, 7 marks - poor game

Hardly the stats of a finals hack. Remember in 2006 he has played only a handful of games and was coming back after a serious knee injury and was still a bit proppy.

A bit of perspective please.

Where did I say delist:confused: I said he had a poor game and was unaccoutable.

maccas_no1 said:
Yes you would expect that to feed a FF such as Riccuito or Welsh, Riccuito didnt play and Welsh was struggling, Perrie needed to stand up and did no damage by taking marks on the wing.

That's Perrie's role. It's not his role to go play FF because Welsh is being crap. That's Welsh's problem, and the coach's problem. Perrie can't decide to go play another position because of someone else's failings.

He did what he always does in our side, lead up the ground, except because of our crap midfield he was having to lead out to the wings.

maccas_no1 said:
Where did I say delist:confused: I said he had a poor game and was unaccoutable.

You said the Hawthorn supporter I quoted was 'on the money'.

His major point was that Perrie be delisted.

I naturally assumed by saying he was 'on the money', you supported his statement.

Unfortunately Perrie not good enough unfortunately

Remove this Banner Ad

Back