Autopsy Wheels falling off? 2 point loss to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

This group are clearly extremely arrogant. Sounds harsh but let's remember Kinnear Beatson called one of our own players' performances arrogant on a podcast with an audience of thousands. And let's not pretend like Horse & co wouldn't be calling them a lot worse in the privacy of their coaches box.

They needed this loss to remember what makes this team great. It's not the highlights.

Would want one of McLean and amartey out, with Reid or Hamling in.

We just can't take a bloody contested mark either as an option coming out of D50, or in F50 - Reid's bread and butter, and Hayward used to do it quite a bit but is well down like most in the team.

I think the inclination to play Parker is because it is against Norf, who have admittedly looked okay as of late.

Maybe he will see this as a game where he will play like he is the last picked so he will be hungry to get back into the seniors and with the other players not being in red hot form compared to earlier in the season. On the other hand if he doesn't impress, he might get 1-2 more chances and that might be it.

Have to start questioning if the forward line is good enough to win a flag when the mids are not on top

They did butcher a fair few opportunities between them so supply wasn't the biggest issue. Amartey, McDonald and McLean could all have had at least an extra goal each.

The King! ... you're up mate!

Everyone melt away , I am filthy, thats. ****ed loss

Lucky Carlton lost too

BUT. you dont throw it all out.

Amartey did a lot right, he just missed, if he kicks straight he is a matchwinner, so why drop our leading goal kicker.

Otherwise drop half the side -- Gulden was terrible, ditto Blakey, etc

You go back to what works and what works is what got us 30 up today until they decided to be lazy ****s,

This is the team the more I calm down, Mills comes in.

Parker needs to get VFL form and pace, as his lack of speed would have been exposed today.

A few weeks ago it was looking very difficult to fit Mills and Parker in - now not so hard

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah, it wasn't Logan's fault. But I do think he would have been better getting back quickly and looking for a pass.

I thought he took too long, but I think he did what he would have been told all week, to go back and take your time and back yourself

Will try and calm down a bit but that was just so poor across the ground. Don't think anyone can come away with a pass mark after that game , Heeney and Grundy maybe.

I thought Grundy was very poor for the second week in a row. He got well beaten in the ruck and was ineffective around the ground. And it's frustrating how he never takes contested marks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know the whole team got beat, but gee we are not getting much out of our 3 KPFs since Amartey's one shining day.

Is Hamling still kicking bags in the reserves? How's the other kid from WA going?

Clear as day. Up by 30, Chad starts showboating and the rest of the team follow suit.

Heeney and Gulden watching the ball while a Saints player bursts through to take it in the last few minutes. Just a shitload of expecting the other player to do the work and not enough desire to defend/want the ball.
That’s it in a nutshell.

It would have been a lot more positive if he had kicked it. It's getting to the point where I don't trust him taking pressure set shots with the game on the line.
I mean, in both cases, it shouldn't have come down to that. Our problems begin and end with our midfield imo. Can't win clearances, not getting it on the boot quickly enough when they do, poor forward 50 entries to packs and outnumbered contests, opposition easily waltzing it unimpeded through the ground, catching our defence out of position.

Learnings -

Heeney to the fwd line to break tags - double win
Adams on earlier to support Rowbottom and Grundy in tight games
Wicks is not first 22
Warner has no defensive side
Gulden cannot play 100% game time at 100%

Every time the ball hit the deck there seemed to be 3 or 4 Saints players trying to get it and no swans in the screen. We just did not have the intensity to get the ball today. We are no certainty next week either…we have some work to do to get things back on track.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Wheels falling off? 2 point loss to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back