List Mgmt. 2013 Trade / Draft / Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're one of the few clubs with significant salary cap space aren't we..??
I wouldn't look at a trade, go via the PSD..

A hypothetical for those who know these things. Clubs in trading players, can send players to another club and pay some of their payment, for the year ahead under their salary cap.

With this logic and with many younger players and lots of room in the salary cap, can we bundle say Dal to Collingwood, where we pay all bar $100k and we get their first round pick? Is this possible? If so who could we play this game with?

Ok lets get this back on topic :p

Dal to NM

Joey to ???

Move them while they have currency, but where would Joey want to go and what would be a fair deal
One or the other for mine.

I don't think the club can do anything right ATM in some peoples eyes, helping Ledger out will just get overlooked or bitched about.
Not really. Some supporters wanted Ledger to get more of an opportunity, which is what the club didn't do. 'Helping' him out is irrelevant given the club didn't try too hard to retain him in the first place.

I'm not saying the club were right or wrong in showing Ledger the door, but delisting him for FA is hardly something to applaud them over.

For the love of humanity, when using sarcasm in a volatile thread, please use the universally recognised sign:

smiley_wink.jpg

If I have to listen to another bunch of posts like this:

"Sarcastic comment."

"I can't believe you would say such a thing!"

"I was being sarcastic."

"Oh. sorry."

AGH!!!

A hypothetical for those who know these things. Clubs in trading players, can send players to another club and pay some of their payment, for the year ahead under their salary cap.

With this logic and with many younger players and lots of room in the salary cap, can we bundle say Dal to Collingwood, where we pay all bar $100k and we get their first round pick? Is this possible? If so who could we play this game with?

What I really don't know is if you can do this in conjunction with the free agency rules.
The compensation for a free agent gets better as the player's contract price increases, but what if the previous team paid their contract ?

Ooh, look at me! I'm making people happy! I'm the Magical Man from Happy-Land, in a gumdrop house on Lollipop Lane!

For the love of humanity, when using sarcasm in a volatile thread, please use the universally recognised sign:

smiley_wink.jpg

If I have to listen to another bunch of posts like this:

"Sarcastic comment."

"I can't believe you would say such a thing!"

"I was being sarcastic."

"Oh. sorry."

AGH!!!

hear hear = make it fraking obvious people....can also use :p or :D

Text, email, or post - can't hear the tone!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably a couple of left footers in the draft. :thumbsu:

I'm not sure. I'd assume we'd try and use one of them for Myers, but knowing Essendon it won't be enough.

Not really. Some supporters wanted Ledger to get more of an opportunity, which is what the club didn't do. 'Helping' him out is irrelevant given the club didn't try too hard to retain him in the first place.

I'm not saying the club were right or wrong in showing Ledger the door, but delisting him for FA is hardly something to applaud them over.

Yeah I get the opportunity calls, but 'some supporters' along with myself probably don't have a clue what the coaching staff has set his KPI's as. His low finish in Sandy B&F is probably an indication of him not following instructions even though he racks up possessions.
The club could have held onto him and tried to see what the 5 clubs that are interested in him had to offer but as Ledgers management said it gives him a better chance being DFA.

Maybe a pointless post but...
Boston Celtics (NBA) traded away Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett this off-season, both of which bleed green.
Paul Pierce is a future Hall Of Famer, Championship winning Captain, One club player for over a decade,
which in the NBA this is close to unheard of. Garnett is a Champ, future Hall of Famer and All-Star over numerous years.
Pierce and Garnett got traded to a championship contending team and have handled it like true gents and professionals. As did the club.
For those who are worried about our stars being traded, as long as all parties are professional I don't see a problem with it. This is something that will get worse and worse as years go by, but we still need to be professional about it and show our own and others that we are a club that looks after their players the right way.
We are not the destination that is most desirable for FA's/trades so I think the way we handle this off-season is the most important in recent history to make sure we don't become a no go zone for potential talent.

If we trade Dal for Delaney and pick 26, then what would a package of 26 and our 3rd rounder get?

26 and 37 = ???
Not much, if anything. Just send 37 to GWS for Bruce if we can't work out a better deal that includes Fisher

Not sure if posted a page or two back, but...

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-30/delaney-targets-saints
IN-DEMAND North Melbourne key defender Luke Delaney has nominated St Kilda as his preferred new home after telling the Roos earlier this month he wanted a trade.

AFL.com.au revealed three weeks ago Delaney had decided to leave North, having received an attractive three-year offer from St Kilda and met with Carlton and the Brisbane Lions.

Delaney's manager, Greg Size of Deliver Sports Management, told AFL.com.au's Gillette Trade Radio on Monday his client's preference was to join the Saints.

"Luke's at the stage at the moment where he's decided that if North can manage to wangle a trade he'd like to get to the Saints, but obviously it doesn't always work that way.
First Bruce, now Delaney, but clearly EVERYTHINGS NOT RIGHT AT THE CLUB!!! ARRRRGH!!! ;)

Maybe a pointless post but...
Boston Celtics (NBA) traded away Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett this off-season, both of which bleed green.
Paul Pierce is a future Hall Of Famer, Championship winning Captain, One club player for over a decade,
which in the NBA this is close to unheard of. Garnett is a Champ, future Hall of Famer and All-Star over numerous years.
Pierce and Garnett got traded to a championship contending team and have handled it like true gents and professionals. As did the club.
For those who are worried about our stars being traded, as long as all parties are professional I don't see a problem with it. This is something that will get worse and worse as years go by, but we still need to be professional about it and show our own and others that we are a club that looks after their players the right way.
We are not the destination that is most desirable for FA's/trades so I think the way we handle this off-season is the most important in recent history to make sure we don't become a no go zone for potential talent.
as a rockets diehard i would rather go the Morey way that houston has taken and retool what you already have like the roberton until you hit gold in the draft or FA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back