List Mgmt. 2013 Trade / Draft / Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me why we haven't upgraded someone off the rookie list after the loss of Markworth? Why is Tommy Curren not getting ago?

Seeing that the back line are holding up fairly well, maybe instead of a monster backman we should chase a monster forward to help Roo out. Any mature age players from VFL or interstate teams that fit the bill?
We just need to be patient we have White and Lee who will both be more than useful forwards in 2014. Our mid field is growing as i believe Murdoch,Newens and maybe Wright can develop into those inside mids we will need in the future,Were only a year or 2 from returning to the top 8.

cockies strength is his power and ability to quickly gather speed and momentum in tight. but you are right outside of the contest he is not quick and lacks endurance

And Cockie is a far better kick than many on our list - can kick the ball 55m on his right and 50m on his left! Have seen him kick plenty of goals on the run from long range. Good to see him not carrying injury (seemed a bit restricted last year and his leg was often heavily strapped).

The guys are developing pretty quickly. Comparing Ross and Newnes to Armitage and Steven.
Armitage Season 1. 3 games maximum 50% TOG Max Disposals 11, Cont Disp 3
Season 2. 13 games 1 with 90% ( rest 50ish ). Max Disposals 20 , Cont Disp 8
Season 3. 3 games max 70%. Max Disposals 22, Cont Disp 10
Season 4. 9 games max 75% Max Disposals 24, Cont Disp 13.

Steven Season 1. Nothing
Season 2. 1 game 72%TOG, 14 disposals, 3 contested.
Season 3. 8 games max 18 disposals, max 8 contested max 77%tog
Season 4. 21 games max 27 disposals, max 15 contested max 84% tog

Newnes Season 1. 7 games, max 18 disposals, max 10 contested, max 89% tog
Season 2. 6+ games, max 25 disposals, max 9contested , max 91% tog
Season 3. narrowly misses out on Brownlow due to Ross and Hayes competing for points.

Ross Season 1. 1 game, 8 disposals, 7 contested , 40% tog
Season 2. 5+ games, max 21 disposals, max 10 cp, max 78% tog

Partway through their second season, their best is as good as Armo or Steven's third season best.

Sweet f..k all available, that's why i persist at looking at other club's list & seeing what might be worth a crack..If you don't have too give up too much, & it's a win-win, we should entertain any potential trade..BUT first we must stitch up M.Brown..!!

I read this recently =

South Australian Jared Polec and Victorian trio Sam Docherty, Billy Longer and Patrick Karnezis are out of contract at the end of this season and have attracted the interest of clubs in their home states.

I don't know how they are tracking but Docherty was a gun at underage level, went early in the draft and, when i had time to do such things, saw him play some brief periods as a tall mid. Good Kick, great lateral movement and anticipation, fits our 'time/age zone.' Seems to be out of favor at Brisbane, god knows why but he may play this week. Worth a phone call.

Not sold on Karnezis but have not seen a Brisbane game this year so not qualified to comment on recent form.

Docherty is worth our microscope.

I remember reading recently someone was asking about the FA list. They posted it today.

free agent list posted today afl.com http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-21/where-your-clubs-free-agents-are-at

ADELAIDE
Free agents:

Graham Johncock (unrestricted)
Jason Porplyzia (unrestricted)
Ben Rutten (unrestricted)
Scott Thompson (restricted)
Re-signed:
Brent Reilly (unrestricted, 2015)
Nathan van Berlo (restricted, 2016)

BRISBANE LIONS
Free agents:

Simon Black (unrestricted)
Jonathan Brown (unrestricted)
Re-signed:
Joel Patfull (restricted)

Carlton
Free agents:

Eddie Betts (restricted)
Heath Scotland (unrestricted)
Re-signed:
Andrew Carrazzo (unrestricted)

COLLINGWOOD
Free agents:

Alan Didak (unrestricted)
Ben Johnson (unrestricted)
Nick Maxwell (restricted)
Dale Thomas (restricted)
Alan Toovey (unrestricted)

ESSENDON
Free agents:

Dustin Fletcher (unrestricted)
David Hille (unrestricted)
Nathan Lovett-Murray (unrestricted)
Jobe Watson (restricted)
Jason Winderlich (unrestricted)

GEELONG
Free agents:

Paul Chapman (unrestricted)
Joel Corey (unrestricted)
Corey Enright (unrestricted)
Josh Hunt (unrestricted)
Mathew Stokes (unrestricted)

HAWTHORN
Free agents:

Max Bailey (unrestricted)
Xavier Ellis (unrestricted)
Lance Franklin (restricted
Brent Guerra (unrestricted)
Michael Osborne (unrestricted)
Re-signed:
Luke Hodge (unrestricted, 2014)
Sam Mitchell (unrestricted, term unknown)

MELBOURNE
Free agents:

Aaron Davey (restricted)
Colin Sylvia (unrestricted)

NORTH MELBOURNE
Free agents:

Michael Firrito (unrestricted)
Brent Harvey (unrestricted)
Re-signed:

Scott McMahon (unrestricted, 2015)
Drew Petrie (unrestricted, 2015)

PORT ADELAIDE
Free agents:

Kane Cornes (restricted)
Brett Ebert (unrestricted)
Tom Logan (unrestricted)
Matt Thomas (unrestricted)
Re-signed:
Alipate Carlile (restricted, 2017)

RICHMOND
Free agents:

Daniel Jackson (unrestricted)
Luke McGuane (unrestricted)
Chris Newman (unrestricted)
Shane Tuck (unrestricted)
Matthew White (unrestricted)

ST KILDA
Free agents:

Jason Blake (unrestricted)
Nick Dal Santo (restricted)
Lenny Hayes (unrestricted)
Justin Koschitzke (unrestricted)
Stephen Milne (unrestricted)

SYDNEY SWANS
Free agents:

Jude Bolton (unrestricted)
Re-signed:
Adam Goodes (unrestricted, 2014)
Nick Malceski (unrestricted, 2014)

WEST COAST
Free agents:

Dean Cox (unrestricted)
Andrew Embley (unrestricted)
Darren Glass (unrestricted)
Mark LeCras (restricted)
Mark Nicoski (unrestricted)
Adam Selwood (unrestricted)
Re-signed:
Beau Waters (unrestricted, 2015)

WESTERN BULLDOGS
Free agents:

Dylan Addison (unrestricted)
Adam Cooney (restricted)
Daniel Cross (unrestricted)
Daniel Giansiracusa (unrestricted)
Dale Morris (restricted)

We just need to be patient we have White and Lee who will both be more than useful forwards in 2014. Our mid field is growing as i believe Murdoch,Newens and maybe Wright can develop into those inside mids we will need in the future,Were only a year or 2 from returning to the top 8.
Good call, unfortunately like quite a few of us after being so spoilt over the past few years, I will admit that I am impatient. Will just have to curb my anxiety.... is it 2014 yet?

I read this recently =

South Australian Jared Polec and Victorian trio Sam Docherty, Billy Longer and Patrick Karnezis are out of contract at the end of this season and have attracted the interest of clubs in their home states.

I don't know how they are tracking but Docherty was a gun at underage level, went early in the draft and, when i had time to do such things, saw him play some brief periods as a tall mid. Good Kick, great lateral movement and anticipation, fits our 'time/age zone.' Seems to be out of favor at Brisbane, god knows why but he may play this week. Worth a phone call.

Not sold on Karnezis but have not seen a Brisbane game this year so not qualified to comment on recent form.

Docherty is worth our microscope.

Yes to all 4 of those guys. Karnezis is a gun, no idea what Vossy is doing with him. Dominated the preseason and regularly gets 30+ touches in reserves up there.

Wouldn't mind Karnezis either, Longer not sure we'd need him with McEvoy and Hickey, Polec apparently wants back in SA if not i'd target him as well. Haven't seen a lot of Docherty

i have a sneaky suspicion geelong is moving in on m brown, in the event taylor moves to wce
Yep, if Harry Taylor decides to go back to WA I think we're stuffed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, if Harry Taylor decides to go back to WA I think we're stuffed.
Don't think we are stuffed, Unless we again put all the eggs into one basket. Mitch Brown isn't even that good been OK this year i admit but hasn't set the world on fire in his games.

Need to look at other options, Luke Thompson (Adelaide), Matthew Watson (Carlton), Justin Clarke (Brisbane), Nathan Brown (Collingwood), Cale Hooker (Essendon), Tayte Pears (Essendon), Mitch Brown (Geelong), Josh Bruce (GWS), James Frawley (Melbourne, Not out of contract but could be a target), Dylan Grimes (Richmond), Ben Griffiths (Richmond), Luke Delaney (North Melbourne), Lukas Markovic (Western Bulldogs), Michael Talia (Western Bulldogs).

I guess not a lot in that bunch as experienced as brown though, But few good ones amongst it i reckon.. If we put all the eggs into one basket again this year well yeah.. We are screwed. But i think we would be looking at some of those i named personally. Wouldn't surprised me if we are into Nathan Brown, Scotty has a good connection with him but not sure he'd leave the pies.

If Taylor were to go to Freo or West Coast, would he displace anyone interesting?
I guess it would only be Brown or Silvagny.

the deal is going to be hard to get done. he cant walk via free agency and the club that snags him will have to give up something fairly decent

freo will want him more than west coast, to sure up their KPP, especially with the latest injuries

Are Delaney and Talia out of contract? If they are, I'd go hard for them. Talia has great upside and is taller than what he's listed at (192 when I last checked) and Delaney is a decent defender IMO.

Are Delaney and Talia out of contract? If they are, I'd go hard for them. Talia has great upside and is taller than what he's listed at (192 when I last checked) and Delaney is a decent defender IMO.
Daniel Talia...2016 Rahul!!! They wouldn't trade him for the number 1 draft pick IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back