Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon if I could choose any player in the comp to join the hawks it would be him or Reid.

Absolute gun.

He grew up a 10 min from Dingley by the bay, I hope we are at least talking to his manager.

It's a pipedream but would be a perfect player for us.

Luke Bruest interviewed on SEN last night said he would like to go on another year.

Enjoying the coaching side from the bench.

Body has let him down this year.

But feels he has another year in him.

After all our champions were shunted out the door I just couldn't see how Sam would do the same with Punky.

Has so many tricks to his game.

Expectations on Hawks in 2025 will be very high.

The young players will need a calm head around them.
That ends that argument.

Straight from the horse's mouth.

LuckyHawk you were right.

The great Nick Hind dropped!

The great Peter Wright dropped!

How will the Essendon media cope?

Did I seriously just read someone suggesting Nick Hind? 😂😂😂

I meant judging against form as U18s, not as rookie AFL listed players.
All of the top 10 from last season looked better IMO.
I should add that I give a lot of weight to style of play.
Some players, I will never warm to as potential draftees bc they just don't move well, despite their numbers.
I agree with you that last years top 10 is better and add caddy and OSullivan even out to Darcy Wilson. But that doesn’t make this year ordinary that was my point there are a lot of 8 out of 10 mids and a lot of KP who could be anything. Plus Lalor and Travaglia who I think will be elite and one of them should be available at our first pick. I’m excited for it would love somehow to get an early pick and grab Jagga Smith he’s the best natural footballer unit or FOS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with you that last years top 10 is better and add caddy and OSullivan even out to Darcy Wilson. But that doesn’t make this year ordinary that was my point there are a lot of 8 out of 10 mids and a lot of KP who could be anything. Plus Lalor and Travaglia who I think will be elite and one of them should be available at our first pick. I’m excited for it would love somehow to get an early pick and grab Jagga Smith he’s the best natural footballer unit or FOS.
There are quite a few that I liked the look of, which I will list when I get some time.
Definitely talent in there, but it's a good year to be moving up the ladder IMO.
Sleepy and co will love picking eyes out of the middle of this draft.

Can’t make much sense of the Marshall talk. Meek has been terrific. We don’t need to fork out big trade capital for a ruckman
Totally agree. I think giving up big capital for a ruckmen is almost always a mistake, doing it when you have a competent first ruck is just insane. No way we look at him.

I reckon if I could choose any player in the comp to join the hawks it would be him or Reid.

Absolute gun.
I really like him but over Daicos, Sheezel, Gulden?

Think he still has a long way to go before he is reaching these heights (not saying he can't reach them).

He was in the AA 40 squad last year with 47 goals. Seems to have hard hands this year but if he could coach, sub and get us 20 goals I'd be keen to keep him. Only worry would be defensive pressure.
Yep people suggested Gunston had nothing left to offer after last season, he proved them wrong. Breust can still offer a lot next year both on and off the field.

Bailey Smith is going to the Cats unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back