Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I never said that, though. Frost has always been good in my eyes.

My big thing at the start of this season that copped a bit of criticism was that to a large extent it really doesn't matter who is in the backline, and that the key battle will always be how much we can limit the ball from getting there. I think that's what has proved to be the case. Frost is a good player but, as with most players besides the absolute best, he proved less than stellar when barraged with I50s.

Offering big-ish money and a long contract to someone like Esava was to some extent born a bit out of desperation, now there's confidence in the rest of the team to not put our defenders under pressure we'll be a bit more selective with our options.
Frosty always been capable, the biggest knock on him was the Frostball skill errors or what looked like complete brain fades.

They have taken the ball out of his hands and simplified what he needs to do, take the oppos guy and if you get the ball look to handball first.

Havent seen him running with it then turning it over this year as much

I am higher on Harry then most around here i think but jeez i hope we walk away from anything over 6 years.

I know it takes a lot to lure free agents these days but i think 7+ years should be reserved for a tier or two above him.
I'm no sleuth but at 7 years this has one of the SA clubs or the Shinbeggers written all over it

I never said that, though. Frost has always been good in my eyes.

My big thing at the start of this season that copped a bit of criticism was that to a large extent it really doesn't matter who is in the backline, and that the key battle will always be how much we can limit the ball from getting there. I think that's what has proved to be the case. Frost is a good player but, as with most players besides the absolute best, he proved less than stellar when barraged with I50s.

Offering big-ish money and a long contract to someone like Esava was to some extent born a bit out of desperation, now there's confidence in the rest of the team to not put our defenders under pressure we'll be a bit more selective with our options.
I know you didn’t say it, my point is that plenty of people thought Frost was no good, had to go, made too many mistakes.

Rat has made plenty of mistakes at Port this year, but who’s to say he doesn’t play equal to Frost if he’s in our jumper instead of Ports.

This was posted last night in the game day thread. Can anyone back this up?

View attachment 2054178

Instead of watching the Geelong Geriatrics play at the GMHBA Nursing Home and get beaten up by the Dogs, sounds like he had a box seat to Hawthorn Globetrotters demolition of the Pies.

How many cans in was this post on Saturday, Yardie ?
Can confirm they were both in the Dan Gorringe box. Roughie sat near the front quite a bit and then saw Bailey sitting having a conversation with someone else at one point.

I will add that I did ask someone else to confirm Bailey as I was surprised I saw him in there! My daughter, a few others and myself were fangirling over Roughie.

I know you didn’t say it, my point is that plenty of people thought Frost was no good, had to go, made too many mistakes.

Rat has made plenty of mistakes at Port this year, but who’s to say he doesn’t play equal to Frost if he’s in our jumper instead of Ports.
Frost is quick and mobile. Rat is way too slow, horrible turning circle! We need to move on from the 2 big statues we missed out on last off season.

Can confirm they were both in the Dan Gorringe box. Roughie sat near the front quite a bit and then saw Bailey sitting having a conversation with someone else at one point.

I will add that I did ask someone else to confirm Bailey as I was surprised I saw him in there! My daughter, a few others and myself were fangirling over Roughie.
Dan Gorringe has his own box?

Just a left field one as I've got a little bit of inside knowledge. With Lewis out injured and Gunston seemingly unable to play each week. Would we look at Membery for a stop gap depth for next year while Dear and Scaif are still on a learning curve? Similar to Casboult at the Suns.

Membery wants to stay at StKilda but he doesn't know if he'll get a contract yet. Has been living in Dingley now renting in Highett while he finds out what the future holds.

He wants to stay but is very unsure if he's getting another contract. If he's a De-listed Free Agent wouldn't be a bad pick up. If he does get a contract it would be 1 year, if we offer 2 it could be like Ricky Henderson and he has to walk.

Would keep us competitive while we find a long term solution to key forward. We know Chol is set for a few years, Dear will improve and looks a very good chance to be a long term forward, and Lewis not back till 2026.

Do we just assume 2026 is Dear, Chol and Lewis?

I am higher on Harry then most around here i think but jeez i hope we walk away from anything over 6 years.

I know it takes a lot to lure free agents these days but i think 7+ years should be reserved for a tier or two above him.
I agree. I like Perryman as he's a good ball user and that's an area we still need to improve as a side. But that seems like too much for him.

Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

Just a left field one as I've got a little bit of inside knowledge. With Lewis out injured and Gunston seemingly unable to play each week. Would we look at Membery for a stop gap depth for next year while Dear and Scaif are still on a learning curve? Similar to Casboult at the Suns.

Membery wants to stay at StKilda but he doesn't know if he'll get a contract yet. Has been living in Dingley now renting in Highett while he finds out what the future holds.

He wants to stay but is very unsure if he's getting another contract. If he's a De-listed Free Agent wouldn't be a bad pick up. If he does get a contract it would be 1 year, if we offer 2 it could be like Ricky Henderson and he has to walk.

Would keep us competitive while we find a long term solution to key forward. We know Chol is set for a few years, Dear will improve and looks a very good chance to be a long term forward, and Lewis not back till 2026.

personally I wouldn't, he was a very handy player when he moved over to the Saints but I would prefer giving the games to Dear than Membrey taking them and theres no guarantee that they would play together.

If he isnt getting a contract from the Saints that says all you need to hear I would think

personally I wouldn't, he was a very handy player when he moved over to the Saints but I would prefer giving the games to Dear than Membrey taking them and theres no guarantee that they would play together.

If he isnt getting a contract from the Saints that says all you need to hear I would think
I didn't mean giving games to Membrey over Dear, I mean play Chol, Dear and Membery, or Chol Dear Scaif and Membery is depth. I think we are a key forward short and it could cost us games next year when we should be pushing for an undefeated season.

I would prefer getting cheap depth as a contending side rather than blow our wad trying to get MacDonald or JUH types that cost big picks and dollars.

I think Dear will be our star and Chol has locked down the other spot. Lewis is question marks at this stage as is scaif.

If Gunston goes around again he fills that role, but at the moment it seems Gunston cannot play every week and when he does play he's either pretty good with a couple of goals or invisible. We need an additional key forward who can play every week even it's at Box Hill unless there's an injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's worth looking at 'something' like this for a bit of mature coverage. I haven't followed Membrey close enough in recent years to know if he is up to it, but I agree with the thinking behind looking at someone like him in the short term. With Lewis out our key position forward depth is non existent. Battle will help a lot as gives us a bit of flexibility, such as throwing himself or Sicily forward, but another one, someone like Membrey, who can at least fill in if injury to Dear or Choll occurs in would be useful. Scaife hopefully might be that player but is still so young. Good sides have that depth. Look at Brisbane, they wanted Ryan from us just for depth for their tall forwards even though theirs are stronger than ours.

I didn't mean giving games to Membrey over Dear, I mean play Chol, Dear and Membery, or Chol Dear Scaif and Membery is depth. I think we are a key forward short and it could cost us games next year when we should be pushing for an undefeated season.

I would prefer getting cheap depth as a contending side rather than blow our wad trying to get MacDonald or JUH types that cost big picks and dollars.

I think Dear will be our star and Chol has locked down the other spot. Lewis is question marks at this stage as is scaif.

If Gunston goes around again he fills that role, but at the moment it seems Gunston cannot play every week and when he does play he's either pretty good with a couple of goals or invisible. We need an additional key forward who can play every week even it's at Box Hill unless there's an injury.
Yeah if he is happy to sign on with the knowledge hes a good chance to play chunks of the year at Box Hill or have weeks off (similar to what the role seems to have been for Gunston this year) then I have no issue taking him cheap, reckon there would be other teams with more interest though

Yeah if he is happy to sign on with the knowledge hes a good chance to play chunks of the year at Box Hill or have weeks off (similar to what the role seems to have been for Gunston this year) then I have no issue taking him cheap, reckon there would be other teams with more interest though
Perhaps, at the moment he's just trying to get a job. has a young family so a move interstate is not preferred. Absolutely wants to stay at StKilda but they are favouring King and are hunting more key forwards.

Also it's Isaac Quaynor the Rumour King is referring to. Very close with Ginnivan and was added to the leadership group as a co-VC alongside Howe and Maynard at the start of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back