Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I would completely have to disagree with you mate. Who said this can't work?

Hardwick moves forward.

Impey Frost Scrimshaw
Battle Barass Sicily

You could even play Sicily deep forward next season (replacing Lewis for 12 months) along with Dear and Chol.

They might mark everything in sight, but there's really no run out of the backline with that lineup. Impey is there, but without Hardwick there he'd be asked to mind the opponents best a small forward.

The run is clearly something Mitchell has wanted with Weddle, Amon and Impey playing there this season.

Maybe the wingmen and HFF will provide the rebounding run?

I would completely have to disagree with you mate. Who said this can't work?

Hardwick moves forward.

Impey Frost Scrimshaw
Battle Barass Sicily

You could even play Sicily deep forward next season (replacing Lewis for 12 months) along with Dear and Chol.
I would take Barass for the right trade. I would be extremely disappointed if it involved our 1st pick. Frost wouldn’t get a game if Barass and Battle came across.

Barrass is very different player than battle. He's more the blanck alternative. Gee, if we get both Barra and battle, our defence could be impenetrable come next year.
And for baismith? Well, we can't be promising anyone midfield time above 20% a game with our big 4 doing so well..then there's McKenzie and Ward!

What would you give up for him surely it wouldn’t be our first pick when we were going to give it up for a 23 year old, not a 28 year old.

I think given KPF market is relatively bare, that getting a Barrass in along with Battle can make some sense.
Although Sicily is in a league of his own across half back, we are blessed with good users who can create. Freeing Sicily up to play forward of the ball, not necessarily as a key forward - but more hitting up guys inside 50, as a spare at the back of stoppages, while occasionally acting as a leading forward or floating deep for a mark.
James Hird was who came to mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still have PTSD from 2018.

This list is at a very different point and I'm aware of that, but I'd be quite comfortable heading into 2025 with a fit Blanck, Frost and developing McCabe surrounded by (hopefully) Battle, Sicily, Scrimshaw and Weddle.

That unit PLUS a first round draft pick tickles my fancy more than trading for Barass.

I do rate the man, and I'll back Sam and Mark, but happy to miss out in this instance if I'm honest.

Out of interest what did we give up for Lake?
Can you remember.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

agree with somebody above, if Mitchell is throwing in the hat for Barrass, you'd be pretty sure Smith ain't coming.
I can say this, if so, he has changed his mind from six months ago.

I reckon we were saying similar things about Brian Lake when we got him from the dogs re: injuries/age etc, if you see him every week like I do watching eagles games (I come from an eagles family please pity me) you’d know just how good he is and how reliable he is.

In a team with actual midfield defensive pressure and structure where the ball isn’t coming in 20 times a quarter he will be even better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back