Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Contracts mean shit. Melbourne know that better than anyone. Were happy to take on Grundy's contract, but then palm it off when they didn't like the result.

Also, I think it's clear that I assumed TD had meant all trade requests and not just Petracca's (which he has since cleared up).
Unfortunately never a true word written. You can't yell contract now but then push somebody out with one when it doesn't suit you. The old this is different argument is pretty light on.

At some point somebody will say too bad you have signed suck up and follow the contract but at the moment meaningless bits of paper.

Unfortunately never a true word written. You can't yell contract now but then push somebody out with one when it doesn't suit you. The old this is different argument is pretty light on.

At some point somebody will say too bad you have signed suck up and follow the contract but at the moment meaningless bits of paper.
Agree but fully expect Melbourne to enforce the contract and refuse any trade attempts. They don’t have to do anything which leaves trac in a fairly powerless position

Regarding whether to take Barrass or Battle the general consensus is to take both. Years ago I bought
a Brian Eno box set of 12 albums and in each box Eno placed a specific card with a suggestion on it. My
card was "When faced with a choice, do both". This sums up the Barrass/Battle scenario. Smart Guy that
Brian Eno.
I wonder weather old mate "Brian Eno" ever had to deal with the realities of the salary cap?

Contracts mean shit. Melbourne know that better than anyone. Were happy to take on Grundy's contract, but then palm it off when they didn't like the result.

Also, I think it's clear that I assumed TD had meant all trade requests and not just Petracca's (which he has since cleared up).
Contracts mean enough. Difference is that Collingwood wanted Grundy out, Melbourne want to keep Petracca - wasn't too long ago Essendon held Daniher to his after he wanted a trade to Sydney. It worked.

He didn't end up at Sydney!

Here is the link to read the article

http://archive.today/cl0jO
If all of that is true then that is pretty :poo: of Trac + his camp releasing that with Carlton still in season and especially for McKay having to play in a couple of weeks. In the grand scheme of things Carlton might not care to much as they're likely to be eliminated but it still doesn't make it right.

He’s leaking hard now. If they don’t play ball, get ready for more stories about Oliver and Goodwin
Yep. There only reason the Dees came out and said that they will not trade him at any costs is because he would've made a hard demand behind closed doors. They might have the whip hand with his contract status but he could easily threaten them with the skeletons he'd know about. As I said earlier this is about to get FUGLY.

Yep. There only reason the Dees came out and said that they will not trade him at any costs is because he would've made a hard demand behind closed doors. They might have the whip hand with his contract status but he could easily threaten them with the skeletons he'd know about. As I said earlier this is about to get FUGLY.

Given the allegations of medical malpractice and the subsequent impact on mental health (ptsd) wouldn’t the greater threat be to challenge the club and the afl of the risk of greater mental health concerns if he stays in that environment?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the allegations of medical malpractice and the subsequent impact on mental health (ptsd) wouldn’t the greater threat be to challenge the club and the afl of the risk of greater mental health concerns if he stays in that environment?
there will be plenty of options by all reports. His agent will be starting slow and building as they go. They wont want to get the club off side too much for future dealings but end of the day they will need to do right by the client in this case Petracca

I agree with what Billyc is insinuating above in that he'll threaten to tell all about the shady stuff if they don't grant him his trade wish. If you choose to believe the rumours about Oliver, Goodwin + others then I reckon there's a cesspool of other stories to.

If I was the Dees then I'd seriously consider cutting my losses and doing a rebuild like the Tigers or else it could end up twice as worse with Tassy coming in. We all know they won't but they should seriously consider moving on Gawn (recently resigned), Viney (recently resigned), Kossie + Fritsch and fire Goodwin and start again. Oliver wouldn't have any currency but I'd be trying to move him on too.

I agree with what Billyc is insinuating above in that he'll threaten to tell all about the shady stuff if they don't grant him his trade wish. If you choose to believe the rumours about Oliver, Goodwin + others then I reckon there's a cesspool of other stories to.

If I was the Dees then I'd seriously consider cutting my losses and doing a rebuild like the Tigers or else it could end up twice as worse with Tassy coming in. We all know they won't but they should seriously consider moving on Gawn (recently resigned), Viney (recently resigned), Kossie + Fritsch and fire Goodwin and start again. Oliver wouldn't have any currency but I'd be trying to move him on too.

They probably could do a mini-rebuild, as a lot of their key stars are starting to get on the wrong-side of 30 like Gawn.

However - it's the problem that they all internally see their current list closer to a flag, than not. Even if they're getting further and further from it each year - they will keep clinging on so long as Goodwin and co are in place.

We did it with Clarko & Richmond with Dimma - although Melbourne is truly trying to upstage either team with the drama going on at their team.

Meanwhile, I'm all for it - great entertainment for next couple weeks!

Kenan Thompson Eating GIF by Saturday Night Live

the only truth I can gather from this article is Petracca is unhappy .....they ve plucked McKay as part of a trade out of their backsides reading the article

Nah - plucked from Bigfooty as always. TD has been saying it for a few weeks already.

Ignore the media discussion - you guys are well and truly in the mix (if not favourites) for Bailey Smith (this is what I've heard all season and posted on the Dogs board).

The thing is though I would still make it less likely than more likely, and there's still so much uncertainty in the process, and if he doesn't go to Hawks there's no way of proving me right - just that the percentages of which club he ends at (my summary) is like 35% Hawks, 30% Geelong, 20% other and 5% Dogs. So if he ends up at Geelong, Collingwood, in Queensland, it doesn't mean I'm wrong (even if it didn't eventuate), just knowing what I know, you're individually more likely than any other club.

Ignore the media discussion - you guys are well and truly in the mix (if not favourites) for Bailey Smith (this is what I've heard all season and posted on the Dogs board).

The thing is though I would still make it less likely than more likely, and there's still so much uncertainty in the process, and if he doesn't go to Hawks there's no way of proving me right - just that the percentages of which club he ends at (my summary) is like 35% Hawks, 30% Geelong, 20% other and 5% Dogs. So if he ends up at Geelong, Collingwood, in Queensland, it doesn't mean I'm wrong (even if it didn't eventuate), just knowing what I know, you're individually more likely than any other club.
Gee man, you've covered a lot of corners here. Whichever way Smith goes, you're still gonna be right! 😆

Are you mates with Celebrity 101?

Sam Faff?

This is very fluid

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back