Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Battle one...as I have said before, he is gone..whether to us or not who can say. What he will be struggling with is if Saints have put a contract in front of him for more $$$ than we have...it is tough to tell team mates / ppl you have worked with that you are basically going for less! If that's what's happening, he goes as soon as Hawks match (assuming we do).

This talk "it makes no diff to battle what saints get" is true to a degree, but it is much much easier to leave emotionally (and morally) if you can justify it financially too.

Surely you can't believe what you're typing?

"You need to give me more...for the Saints, you understand? Personally, I'm happy, but the Saints, you see..."
So he's a coin grabber? 🤪🤪

heck, I can't win either way in here.

I can only put down what I'm told. He wants the Saints looked after. Believe what you want.

It's gonna be a long 5 weeks...

Well according to list experts we need more KPD's KPF's and elite mids.

Battle and Barrass only tick one of those boxes. Who is the depth for forward line and midfield? Scaife and Husthwaite?
Regarding the forwards, we already have Hardwick, Sicily and Weddle who can play forward. Battle would be another. Thats the best group of swingmen in the league by a fair way

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

It used the be the Shhhhhhhhhhhhh thread.
If it was in there, it was pretty credible.

Hopefully our insightful, innovative and benevolent moderators consider something similar for the ITK's

So he's a coin grabber? 🤪🤪

heck, I can't win either way in here.

I can only put down what I'm told. He wants the Saints looked after. Believe what you want.

It's gonna be a long 5 weeks...
Not necessarily having a go at you...but the statement in bold is one of the more ludicrous things I've read, when the only only way the "saints get looked after" is by...giving Josh Battle more money!!!

He's either happy with the offer, or he's not, and his feelings for the Saint means that he stays. Up to him.

His desire for their welfare without him don't amount to a hill of beans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, some would believe that the Saint offer is a tad higher than the Hawks offer! Okkayyy ( the office reference for those who've seen it).
Then it's easy for Josh, he stays at the club that he wants looked after ..why not? Because he's pretty much been set on going to the mighty Hawks. İf this is true, about the higher offer by the saints then he's goneski ! He just wants Hawks to up the contract by a few thousand dollars more.

Another idea

Trade picks 12 and 30 to Richmond for picks 21, 29 & 41

Trade picks 21 and 41 to West Coast for Barass

Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Not necessarily having a go at you...but the statement in bold is one of the more ludicrous things I've read, when the only only way the "saints get looked after" is by...giving Josh Battle more money!!!

He's either happy with the offer, or he's not, and his feelings for the Saint means that he stays. Up to him.

His desire for their welfare without him don't amount to a hill of beans.
I'd love to live in your world where there are no shades of grey.

I'd love to live in your world where there are no shades of grey.
I have no idea why the notion of Battle wanting the "Saints to be happy" involves "shades of grey", when the upshot is that we need to give Battle more money

I'm sure Battle may well have mixed feelings....I'm sure he does...so what?

There are no shades of grey to my belief that "we need to make the Saints happy" is a ridiculous justification for raising our offer.

If he want the Saint to be happy...stay with them

Last edited:
I have no idea why the notion of Battle wanting the "Saints to be happy" involves "shades of grey", when the upshot is 'give me more money'

I'm sure Battle may well have mixed feelings....I'm sure he does...so what?

There are no shades of grey to my belief that "we need to make the Saints happy" is a ridiculous justification for raising our offer.

If he want the Saint to be happy...stay with them
The thing is, an extra $50 k on $850k a year is meaningless after tax. There doesn’t seem any meaningful incentive there.

As ridiculous as what’s been suggested about wanting to help out the incumbents, it’s consistent with what’s been said for some time now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back