Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 13 - Bombers v Blues Sun June 9th 7:20pm AEST (MCG)

AEST

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 33 39.8%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 25 30.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah Carlton forced Essendon to kick points with that strategy….

Carlton were better because they created really high quality chances off turnover

5 rushed behinds and plenty of pot shots under pressure because the Blues defence held strong through that quarter.

It’s a convenient out. The Bombers never looked like winning at all.

5 rushed behinds and plenty of pot shots under pressure because the Blues defence held strong through that quarter.

It’s a convenient out. The Bombers never looked like winning at all.

Some of those “pot shots” were legitimate quality shots imo.

Do agree Essendon never threatened winning. No idea what it looks like if the scoreboard tightens up.

Under 3 goals*

And it wasn't just all the misses (the majority of which came after the comeback, not before), it was the obliteration in inside 50 entries.

Probably explains why this loss doesn't feel the same as the others. It was ours to take, and we didn't.

Good timing for the rest. Looking forward to both teams coming out in the second half of the season.

Nah, it was never yours to take. We just did enough all night, and extinguished your flame in an instant. We have gears.

Didnt watch the game. Forget the score. Who won the real match. The battle of the twins? Or did some divine intervention occur and one of them didnt play again?

Under 3 goals*

And it wasn't just all the misses (the majority of which came after the comeback, not before), it was the obliteration in inside 50 entries.

Probably explains why this loss doesn't feel the same as the others. It was ours to take, and we didn't.

Good timing for the rest. Looking forward to both teams coming out in the second half of the season.
I can't remember what it got to, but would you have needed 2 goals to hit the lead, or 3 goals?
The points margin might have been less than 3 goals, but I think he's referring to how many goals it would take to be in front.
Semantics really.

Laughable if you believe Carlton just waiting to shift gears lol

You're here claiming the game was yours for the taking, and I'm the laughable one? I'm getting old. They keep changing the meaning of words in the dictionary.

I think set shots are effected by fatigue with fine motor skills dropping away, also range is significantly effected by fatigue.

We did have too many rushed, though a few of them could have been shepherd through if we had men on the line. We seem to not have much goal line representation as a tactic though. Don't know if it's due to work rate or strategy but a lot of focus (and improvement) seems to be maintaining shape behind the ball to prevent counter.

All in all I think we probably left 3 more goals on the table than you guys, which might not have got us the win but definitely would have led to the contest being up for grabs late.
You did waste more chances that would have got you closer but we had a comfortable lead for most of the night where our star players never had to lift outside of 5min to start the final term.

Who's to say if their output would have lifted if you got closer? I'd like to think it would have but we can only speculate.

I can't remember what it got to, but would you have needed 2 goals to hit the lead, or 3 goals?
The points margin might have been less than 3 goals, but I think he's referring to how many goals it would take to be in front.
Semantics really.

It was 15 points so 3 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didnt watch the game. Forget the score. Who won the real match. The battle of the twins? Or did some divine intervention occur and one of them didnt play again?

Both were fairly quiet. Harry was off for most of the last quarter after a head knock.

Harry 8 disposals, 3 tackles and a goal. Ben 6 disposals.

Harry relieved in the ruck. They didn't have many true one on one's. Harry got a free kick from Ben to get his goal.

Bit of a fizzer really. Hard to tell which one was the hologram.

You did waste more chances that would have got you closer but we had a comfortable lead for most of the night where our star players never had to lift outside of 5min to start the final term.

Who's to say if their output would have lifted if you got closer? I'd like to think it would have but we can only speculate.

Maybe, but the game played out like all our games this year. Domination of field territory, not taking chances, not conceding much from center bounces. We haven't been lit up by any stars this year really.

Didn't spend a heap of time on eachother and not many one on ones.
Harry kicked a goal and had 2 more disposals. Ben had 1 more mark. Harry had 3 tackles to none. The main one on one contest was a free to Harry for a hold.
Harry also spent time rucking and went down back a few times for some well timed marks in defence.
Probably a draw. Maybe a slight advantage to Harry. Bit of a fizzer really.

Both were fairly quiet. Harry was off for most of the last quarter after a head knock.

Harry relieved in the ruck. They didn't have many true one on one's. Harry got a free kick from Ben to get his goal.

Thanks. Thats a bit of a shame really. Fascinating to see twins line up directly on each other.

Not the statement win you were hoping it'd be early in the match and it irks you. I probably walk away from that game with more confidence than you. Funny that. :)
Well that's either trolling or delusion. Go to bed.

Under 3 goals*

you were never even in the fight tonight my man but good luck I've still got you missing finals

Snap! On the fizzer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 13 - Bombers v Blues Sun June 9th 7:20pm AEST (MCG)

Back