Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 18 - Pies v Cats Fri July 12th 7:40pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Cats by a goal or less

• Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • Pies by a lot

• Cats by a lot

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy Cat GIF

I reckon those cheapie umpire gifts for Curnow and Mackay dry up a bit come finals. I'd be worried if I were a Blue.
Not sure Curnow can get any less than he's been getting since round 6.
8 frees in 11 games. Maybe the umps are trying to battle harden him in advance. Awfully nice of them.

Poor game imo. Started off well but neither side showed much offensively imo.

The final score looks good but it’s skewed by the start. From halfway through the first quarter it was 126 points for 3.5 quarters of footy on a big ground with no excuses.

My team aren’t great, so it’s not a good footy watching year for me. But as a neutral neither of these teams are any good either. They’re making up the numbers in September.

Looking like the Lachie Schultz trade is going to wash up around pick 7 or 8, plus pick 34.

Oof, and with a list dying for a rebuild which is now going to coincide with the compromised Tassie draft/trade years.
Make you feel a little better after last years grandfinal?

Looks like STAND footy is Collingwood's kryptonite

Just chip the ball around

Surely any team that is capable of it (Richmond wont be able to), will play keepings-off from the Pies for the rest of the year.

Chaos footy can't beat possession footy in the STAND era, I reckon

You're going on ignore.

The final score looks good but it’s skewed by the start. From halfway through the first quarter it was 126 points for 3.5 quarters of footy on a big ground with no excuses.

My team aren’t great, so it’s not a good footy watching year for me. But as a neutral neither of these teams are any good either. They’re making up the numbers in September.

Didn't hit the points total in your multi?

I think the Cats strategy was working most of the night, denying Pies their game enough, and capitalising on i50. In the end Collingwood looked impotent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking like the Lachie Schultz trade is going to wash up around pick 7 or 8, plus pick 34.

Oof, and with a list dying for a rebuild which is now going to coincide with the compromised Tassie draft/trade years.
Thank you pies, and thank you Geelong.

Next up - hawks to be humiliated tomorrow, then bounce back breathing fire for a BIG win next weekend. Come on pick 6!

(And then suns to do port and get us on our way to their pick 9 or 10)

Didn't hit the points total in your multi?

No, I didn’t. But it was a smaller bet, the big one is cats into demons so that’s alive and I’m broadly content with tonight 👍

But it’s not really bet-related. As a supporter of a team who can’t win the flag, I’m interested in being entertained by other teams. Geelong and Collingwood tried to be attacking tonight but they’ve got too many players who butcher the ball. I’d be pretty surprised if either are around when the whips are cracking in September.

Thank you pies, and thank you Geelong.

Next up - hawks to be humiliated tomorrow, then bounce back breathing fire for a BIG win next weekend. Come on pick 6!

(And then suns to do port and get us on our way to their pick 9 or 10)

Your optimism is worrying :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

1720789177683.png

Oh boy, wowee!

100 marks to Geelong in the second half did Bucks say?

If they meet again in finals, maybe the frenetic atmosphere wil help break things up, but that is a sleeper-hold Colllingwood has to find some way of wriggling out of.

What's the answer?

Highlight of the night was hearing Steve Hocking telling BT about how much money they need from the Vic government to build their next rort which is apparently all for the benefit of the 'community'. Pull the other leg catters.

I think the Cats strategy was working most of the night, denying Pies their game enough, and capitalising on i50. In the end Collingwood looked impotent.

Maybe. I’m not sure that’s a winning strategy. They were a couple of straight set shots from grabbing momentum and winning the game.

Cats are the best-coached team in the comp. I’d want to get them out of finals and/or avoid them in finals if I was a contender.

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 18 - Pies v Cats Fri July 12th 7:40pm AEST (MCG)

Back