Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 18 - Pies v Cats Fri July 12th 7:40pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Cats by a goal or less

• Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • Pies by a lot

• Cats by a lot

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Highlight of the night was hearing Steve Hocking telling BT about how much money they need from the Vic government to build their next rort which is apparently all for the benefit of the 'community'. Pull the other leg catters.
Is KP bigger than the Gabba now? When is the QLD govt going to get a bigger ground for you lot?

Is KP bigger than the Gabba now? When is the QLD govt going to get a bigger ground for you lot?

No idea, never been to KP. When I go down to Melbourne I usually stay in the CBD and don't head out to the country so have never been to Geelong.

No idea, never been to KP. When I go down to Melbourne I usually stay in the CBD and don't head out to the country so have never been to Geelong.

Cool. So you really wouldn't have a clue what benefits Geelong and surrounding community.

Last edited:
Thank you pies, and thank you Geelong.

Next up - hawks to be humiliated tomorrow, then bounce back breathing fire for a BIG win next weekend. Come on pick 6!

(And then suns to do port and get us on our way to their pick 9 or 10)

well you guys just going to hand it all to richmond for baker anyway. according to tiger supporters.

Poor game imo. Started off well but neither side showed much offensively imo.

The final score looks good but it’s skewed by the start. From halfway through the first quarter it was 126 points for 3.5 quarters of footy on a big ground with no excuses.

My team aren’t great, so it’s not a good footy watching year for me. But as a neutral neither of these teams are any good either. They’re making up the numbers in September.
Tbf Collingwood are not making up any numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The non HTB call where Darcy Cameron dropped it right in front of the umpire was worse.
Technically I'm not sure Cameron had prior opportunity on that one. Moore's was a bad missed call

Pretty impressive game by Dangerfield and really beat ‘em around the contest.
DeKoning 7 HO but 22 disposals, Geelong win clearances and had more than 20+ I50.
Crisp, Pendlebury, Degoey all poor.
Playing Quaynor on Cameron was disrespectful, he kicked 3.
Collingwood just way too many holes.

Pinched a flag playing helter skelter fwd transition and had to kick half of their goals from 50 or further in the Granny with no CHF, but good on em.

Feel for Noble, dropped for the Granny plays his heart out and they don’t look like getting close again.

Highlight of the night was hearing Steve Hocking telling BT about how much money they need from the Vic government to build their next rort which is apparently all for the benefit of the 'community'. Pull the other leg catters.

Unlike another, more amateur club that tried to get their ground redevelopment paid for by the Olympics, got called out on it and now have no plan to upgrade their widdle stadium.

We say give us more money for the ground or we get everyone to vote for the other mob. Easy.

View attachment 2046428

Oh boy, wowee!

100 marks to Geelong in the second half did Bucks say?

If they meet again in finals, maybe the frenetic atmosphere wil help break things up, but that is a sleeper-hold Colllingwood has to find some way of wriggling out of.

What's the answer?
Stop artificially controlling the game, fk off the stand rule and let the players off the leash. 🤬

Stop artificially controlling the game, fk off the stand rule and let the players off the leash. 🤬
Indeed, can’t stand this rule. It was obvious when a player deliberately held up play, the umps just needed to enforce the rule they already had.
Now it’s a debacle …… umps, players and spectators confused and pissed-off.

Last edited:
That was a very good game of football
As a neutral it was a really good game of footy, and exactly what I want to see on a Friday night. Even though Geelong were much better it was still really interesting and a good buzz.
We've had some absolute mind-rot level games through the year on Friday/Saturday nights (St Kilda) - but this is much better.

Seems to be split opinions on this game. The newspapers are selling it as a messy slog in which the "controversial" non-free against Stengle swung the momentum. Oh, and the absence of Murphy ... which is kinda moot, but the HSun are fixated on it.

I must have been watching something different. Collingwood's injuries are really telling, but I think that Darcy Moore has taken over from SDK in the race to be the most puzzlingly out of form defender of the year.

I was pleasantly surprised to see how Geelong spanked the Pies out of the centre, though.

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 18 - Pies v Cats Fri July 12th 7:40pm AEST (MCG)

Back