Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 18 - Pies v Cats Fri July 12th 7:40pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Cats by a goal or less

• Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • Pies by a lot

• Cats by a lot

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty impressive game by Dangerfield and really beat ‘em around the contest.
DeKoning 7 HO but 22 disposals, Geelong win clearances and had more than 20+ I50.
Crisp, Pendlebury, Degoey all poor.
Playing Quaynor on Cameron was disrespectful, he kicked 3.
Collingwood just way too many holes.

Pinched a flag playing helter skelter fwd transition and had to kick half of their goals from 50 or further in the Granny with no CHF, but good on em.

Feel for Noble, dropped for the Granny plays his heart out and they don’t look like getting close again.
I was surprised to see Dangers acceleration away from the stoppage like it was 10 years ago

Seems to be split opinions on this game. The newspapers are selling it as a messy slog in which the "controversial" non-free against Stengle swung the momentum. Oh, and the absence of Murphy ... which is kinda moot, but the HSun are fixated on it.

I must have been watching something different. Collingwood's injuries are really telling, but I think that Darcy Moore has taken over from SDK in the race to be the most puzzlingly out of form defender of the year.

I was pleasantly surprised to see how Geelong spanked the Pies out of the centre, though.
If folk are looking for tinsel, bright lights, free flow low tackles open space goals goals goals, AFL is not the best bet. Too many tactics and counter tactics most games. I quite fancy watching the chess moves.

Is SDK playing 100% in the backline? Looks to me his onball time is increasing. I don't think he's a bollocking type player like his brother, more a thinking, predicting, get where the ball is going type player, terrif reader of the play when looking down the field from half back.

100 marks to Geelong in the second half did Bucks say?

If they meet again in finals, maybe the frenetic atmosphere wil help break things up, but that is a sleeper-hold Colllingwood has to find some way of wriggling out of.

What's the answer?
Actually play a bit tighter. Allowing the opposition to move the ball by foot uncontested down the field ain't gonna win you to many games. The last 3 weeks have seen opposition dominate us when they have done this. Hold possession and we have been more than happy to oblige and concede territory.

Yeah Collingwood want a more frantic movement game but you can't be playing the turnover game constantly in your back half. It's hard to tell how good or bad the defence is playing when they are under the pump all the time through loose checking up the field that allows the opposition so much uncontested possession.

Highlight of the night was hearing Steve Hocking telling BT about how much money they need from the Vic government to build their next rort which is apparently all for the benefit of the 'community'. Pull the other leg catters.

Just because that halfwit Miles told the Bears to gagf'd. Bring back PalletOfShit I say.

Pendles and Danger having a professional and friendly chat after the game reminds of the old days when Neil and Vin used to wish each other well after those classic Carlton Richmond games of the past.

I saw a really nice interaction about an hour before the game between Dempsey and N. Daicos on the wing as the teams started warming up. Guessing they were in the same year at Carey. I like that stuff.

Do people think Tom Stewart will get suspended.
It looked like he could have done better to avoid the contact with Krueger that occurred.
To avoid him completely would have been hard though, and Stewart was going for the ball.

Who knows? I can see why he might get some scrutiny and may have a case to answer, but hope he gets the all-clear. That's pretty much how it goes these days, when it's one of your guys compared to someone else right?

Understatement to say it was a huge game for both teams in the context of their prospects for September. From a Geelong perspective, it wasn't perfect, but what a massive win. I thought it was a curious move to make O.Henry the sub for the second week in a row, but really happy for him to slot the goal that was ultimately the back breaker.

I mentioned in a post before the game that besides last year, every premiership Pies and Cats team of the 2000s has had to go through the other to win it, with Geelong also beating Collingwood on the way to the 2020 grand final, reversing a Collingwood win in the 2019 QF.

Given all that, it's interesting to me that there doesn't seem to be any of the bile between the clubs supporters on here that there is with Geelong and Hawthorn or Richmond. Not really sure why, but it seems largely respectful, or at least no fiercer than our rivalries with any other Victorian clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty impressive game by Dangerfield and really beat ‘em around the contest.
DeKoning 7 HO but 22 disposals, Geelong win clearances and had more than 20+ I50.
Crisp, Pendlebury, Degoey all poor.
Playing Quaynor on Cameron was disrespectful, he kicked 3.
Collingwood just way too many holes.

Pinched a flag playing helter skelter fwd transition and had to kick half of their goals from 50 or further in the Granny with no CHF, but good on em.

Feel for Noble, dropped for the Granny plays his heart out and they don’t look like getting close again.
I thought degoey was pretty dangerous and sidebottom was dangerous

I thought degoey was pretty dangerous and sidebottom was dangerous
Degoey did keep running, but less than 60% DE isn’t great, they just didn’t seem to be able to stop the ball getting outve stoppage.
His, Pendlebury and NDaicos had three more tackles than Cameron.

Pendlebury is in a tricky spot, doesn’t look like he can tackle at his best with that arm and if they had more options they might’ve rested him. Needs to play three of the last 6 to hit the 400 if they miss finals and he doesn’t play again

Unlike another, more amateur club that tried to get their ground redevelopment paid for by the Olympics, got called out on it and now have no plan to upgrade their widdle stadium.

We say give us more money for the ground or we get everyone to vote for the other mob. Easy.

Geelong are operating a racket down there. You can’t tell me that some of that tax payer scoreboard money didn’t go to paying Bowes contract.

Geelong are operating a racket down there. You can’t tell me that some of that tax payer scoreboard money didn’t go to paying Bowes contract.
It's great to see a good QLD boy in Bowes finally get to enjoy his footy and thrive after being dicked aroung in NRL heartland for years. Another strong game from him last night.

Unlike another, more amateur club that tried to get their ground redevelopment paid for by the Olympics, got called out on it and now have no plan to upgrade their widdle stadium.

This post is going to age really badly. And quite soon.

Pretty sure we could afford to pay Bowes' contract. He accepted a contract restructure because he's a good bloke.

You paid him in lifestyle

Is there a by-law which prevents any Geelong player from being removed from a game due to a head knock? I swear they never even get taken for a concussion assessment.
Of all the things to whinge about this one is the most perplexing to me. Considering your avatar fell on his own face during a game not too long ago. Only last week against the cats will Day was completely knocked out and didn’t leave the ground, no one GAF. Cleary Stewy had a cut eye 👁 and no concussion

Do people think Tom Stewart will get suspended.
It looked like he could have done better to avoid the contact with Krueger that occurred.
To avoid him completely would have been hard though, and Stewart was going for the ball.
I think if they do have a look at it, the thing that might get him into trouble is that he looks like he leans into the bump. Not a good look.

Of all the things to whinge about this one is the most perplexing to me. Considering your avatar fell on his own face during a game not too long ago. Only last week against the cats will Day was completely knocked out and didn’t leave the ground, no one GAF. Cleary Stewy had a cut eye 👁 and no concussion
regardless, that was a bad knock to them both, he should have gone off

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 18 - Pies v Cats Fri July 12th 7:40pm AEST (MCG)

Back