Autopsy And we are into another Granny! comprehensive 36 point win over Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

The extra day, and the last quarter off ought to be big if today's game goes down to the wire.
That's the thing I loved about last night. It was so bruise free. Opposition supporters were complaining about how boring it was, I bloody loved it.

You're right. The best thing we can hope for is a long, drawn-out slugfest. Worst case scenario one of the sides capitulates.

From memory our 2012 prelim was very one sided.

Not all injuries are the same, Reid had an adductor . Mills seemed precautionary. Think you are underrating what Mills has done when playing this year . Anyway like people keep saying tough calls to be made

Its about time we got some luck Jmac injury especially as a winger would be one of the worst to try and play through.

Still not convinced we got it right against GWS lol

Not all injuries are the same, Reid had an adductor . Mills seemed precautionary. Think you are underrating what Mills has done when playing this year . Anyway like people keep saying tough calls to be made
Yeah, sure, who knows he may be totally fine. It's not like we tell the Melbourne media anything.

I'm not underratiing it at all. He was pants for 2 games. Decent for the next, and good for one, or was it two?
Not even half as essential as Reid was to our chances last time. We desperately needed Reid to mark the football to win our last GF - why we included him.

If Mills plays he might well be good, but from the outside it's a huge risk and one that's not worth it IMHO. Fox did it for us in the last GF, I'd back him if we need that defender as opposed to Campbell or Adams.

Yeah, sure, who knows he may be totally fine. It's not like we tell the Melbourne media anything.

I'm not underratiing it at all. He was pants for 2 games. Decent for the next, and good for one, or was it two?
Not even half as essential as Reid was to our chances last time. We desperately needed Reid to mark the football to win our last GF - why we included him.

If Mills plays he might well be good, but from the outside it's a huge risk and one that's not worth it IMHO. Fox did it for us in the last GF, I'd back him if we need that defender as opposed to Campbell or Adams.

All opinion, but if the defence is under the pump Mills does take the pressure off big time with his reading of the play. Unlikely I guess i have to concede he fires in the middle , but i'd love to see Mills back to his best with Heeney and co in the middle.

I also think his leadership is important to the side in a big final.

Media all said it was a 21 day injury and there were 17 days till the GF.
It's not like we've needed him all year and are desperate to include him. He's been out and played one decent game, and one good one since back. Given the last GF it would be idiocy to risk it IMO.

i'm not sure citing "the media" is helping your argument
i don't think mills will be right to go but if he's been running in the past few days, you can see the club will give him every chance ... but you'd also like to believe the club, and mills himself, will take lessons from past grand final week injury sagas

That's the thing I loved about last night. It was so bruise free. Opposition supporters were complaining about how boring it was, I bloody loved it.

You're right. The best thing we can hope for is a long, drawn-out slugfest. Worst case scenario one of the sides capitulates.

From memory our 2012 prelim was very one sided.
In many ways we'd want a banged up Brissy to scrape through by 4 points given they've had to go the long way.
Neale's already on one leg. Could even fail a test just before this game IMO.

i'm not sure citing "the media" is helping your argument
i don't think mills will be right to go but if he's been running in the past few days, you can see the club will give him every chance ... but you'd also like to believe the club, and mills himself, will take lessons from past grand final week injury sagas
Agreed.
Either way we won't be telling the opponent till we have to.

Tom McCartin
Swans Mark of the Week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They went ok in junk time. They were soundly beaten in the first half.
I disagree. Heeney and Gulden were brilliant in the first half and Chad stepped up in the second. They were all fantastic. Our talls weren't kicking it to themselves.

First use of the footy remains the team's achilles heel
Again, I disagree. The Tigers won 3 flags in 4 years as a terrible clearance team because their midfield dominated in different ways.

All opinion, but if the defence is under the pump Mills does take the pressure off big time with his reading of the play. Unlikely I guess i have to concede he fires in the middle , but i'd love to see Mills back to his best with Heeney and co in the middle.

I also think his leadership is important to the side in a big final.
I see your 'Mills calmness under the pump' (true enough), and raise you 'Fox's speed to get out of trouble and transition the footy to the open side when he collects it at ground level' which I think is massively under rated when he plays back and brings the likes of McInerney, Gulden and Warner's run better into the game, and Heeney's marking on the end of it all.

There are a few decsions to be made....

I also think we need Adams in for Campbell to win the footy more too.

Should get one extra player on the bench for the GF. Lets have the AFL rush that rule though on Tuesday.

In anycase Horse isn't going to make any changes I don't think.

I disagree. Heeney and Gulden were brilliant in the first half and Chad stepped up in the second. They were all fantastic. Our talls weren't kicking it to themselves.

Again, I disagree. The Tigers won 3 flags in 4 years as a terrible clearance team because their midfield dominated in different ways.
I hope you're right and I'm just being overly anxious.
Can we have TWO halves of Warner winning 5 clearances on Saturday? Will go a long way toward us winning IMO.

Media all said it was a 21 day injury and there were 17 days till the GF.
It's not like we've needed him all year and are desperate to include him. He's been out and played one decent game, and one good one since back. Given the last GF it would be idiocy to risk it IMO.
The media GUESSED it was a 21 day injury based on what the club said (two fifths of **** all really).

If he completes training at full pace he is an upgrade on Fox.

Last edited:
I see your 'Mills calmness under the pump' (true enough), and raise you 'Fox's speed to get out of trouble and transition the footy to the open side when he collects it at ground level' which I think is massively under rated when he plays back and brings the likes of McInerney, Gulden and Warner's run better into the game, and Heeney's marking on the end of it all.

There are a few decsions to be made....

I also think we need Adams in for Campbell to win the footy more too.

Should get one extra player on the bench for the GF. Lets have the AFL rush that rule though on Tuesday.

In anycase Horse isn't going to make any changes I don't think.

I love Robbie Fox but Mills is the better player every day and sunday. All australian, club captain.

Adams yeah I rate him highly , but we never seemed to use him in the right spot . I'd be open to it

I think horse will pick Mills if fit otherwise no change agreed.

I think we have 25 good options

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy And we are into another Granny! comprehensive 36 point win over Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back