Changes For Round 19 vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be content to see how we stack up against the Tigers with the lot we field on Saturday. If we can stay with them for most of the game then I have no fear come finals time.

The psychology of this game is important, we have nothing to lose and given our outs, zero expectations.

No Treloar, Dunn, Reid, Degoey, Elliot, Aish, Goldsack, Fasolo, Wells. Thats 9 players arguably out of our best 22 yet them flogs seem to think we are whinging about injuries!!!! #$% i hope we win this weekend.

Plus Broomhead, Sier, Wills, Appleby, Kirby....plus Moore Smith and Blair only just returned from injury, Varcoe and Greenwood not much longer back, and Cox under a cloud!!

Last edited:

I was confident at the start off the week thinking we would rol them but when I heard the DeGoey news I went from glass half full to glass half empty in the blink of an eye

With Magden being elevated i pray its cover for Moore and not Cox.
Those that have seen a bit of VFL this year is the elevation warrantied or more just a case of no one else left?
Why do we have to elevate him?? Is it because he is Cat B?
I thought we could select rookies at any time.

Anyone know how many times Moore Daicos and Brown have played together and when they were?
Round 22 and 23 last year vs Geelong and Melbourne they did, thats just a quick glance so could be more

Sounds like they’re doing the right thing with DeGoey and Sier. Don’t want to make things worse.

Don’t think our training ground’s an issue, otherwise they wouldn’t allow VFL to be played there. Just bad luck.

I hope we smash them with pressure from the first bounce. Get on top or at least go down swinging. Carn Pies!

I'll be content to see how we stack up against the Tigers with the lot we field on Saturday. If we can stay with them for most of the game then I have no fear come finals time.

The psychology of this game is important, we have nothing to lose and given our outs, zero expectations.
What happens if we lose by ten goals?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is Magden Cat B out of interest? Its usually for players from another country or another sport or maybe from disadvantaged bacgrounds?
I assume he didn’t play Aussie Rules for a 3 year period (not registered).
Hence comes under the “other sports” recruitment system (Basketball).

Sier missing just compounds the problem of no de Goey.

We're now two bulls down and with Brown added to the mix of Sidebottom, Adams, Thomas and Daicos just to small through the midfield IMO.

Brown's no shrinking violet in the crash and bash stakes. He'll hold hid own.

I was confident at the start off the week thinking we would rol them but when I heard the DeGoey news I went from glass half full to glass half empty in the blink of an eye

I am the same, these outs have made getting a win just a bridge too far. It’s a shame because it would have been great to see how we match up against them with the optimal team mix/balance and form that has been evident to date. It feels like we are just treading water in terms of injury status, get one or two back and another one or two are out.

That's 3 weeks in a row that I've awoken to news of a gun out of at the last moment. Admittedly, it was a big night last week so I woke up really late

You might need to take 1 for the team and stop waking up, that seems the common denominator.

I am the same, these outs have made getting a win just a bridge too far. It’s a shame because it would have been great to see how we match up against them with the optimal team mix/balance and form that has been evident to date. It feels like we are just treading water in terms of injury status, get one or two back and another one or two are out.
Well, even if we fall short this weekend...we just have to make sure we play finals...& hopefully get another crack at them.

Slobbo actually scored a point with the judges after pointing out that Hardwank cracked the sads and said there should be anti-tampering rules brought in after reports surfaced of the Lions throwing a massive offer at Rance.

Might be the only time slobbo scores a point ever but it was a good one.

Different discussions though aren't they, one directed at a club trying to poach a key player, the other at a key player exploring options.

I don't know all the detail/rules on Cat B requirements........... but although he is Matt Rendell's nephew he was recruited from US College basketball

Yep, 3 years out of the game playing another sport.

Different discussions though aren't they, one directed at a club trying to poach a key player, the other at a key player exploring options.
Free Agency is a legal part of the competition rules.
Players have a right to explore their options in advance...it can’t be all done in October, a week before Free Agency period kicks in.
Buddy was done a year before he departed...all kept quiet.
It’s the media frenzy that’s the problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back