Changes For Round 19 vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, just from looking at his stats, it would appear as though he was close to regaining his spot.

Hopefully he can transfer the same form into the AFL.

Brown does his best work on the ball. Hopefully he can be a part of the rotations there.

Interesting comment from Hardwick, "saw a couple of things in their game and have implemented them ourselves'.

Brown has been pretty good in VFL and was very good last week. Deserves his chance.
I would suggest that after Hardwike also put in a tirade against teletubby robinson it's a lock that Lynch is going to richmond

• COLLINGWOOD
    B
    • Brayden Maynard,
    • Lynden Dunn
    • Jack Crisp
    HB
    • Jeremy Howe,
    • Darcy Moore
    • Matthew Scharenburg
    C
    • Daniel Wells
    • Scott Pendlebury,
    • Tom Phillips
    HF
    • Will Hoskin-Elliott,
    • Ben Reid
    • Jordan DeGoey
    F
    • Jamie Elliot,
    • Mason Cox,
    • Jaidyn Stephenson
    FOL
    • Brodie Grundy,
    • Adam Treloar
    • Steele Sidebottom
    I/C
    • Taylor Adams
    • Josh Thomas
    • Travis Varcoe
    • James Aish
According to me we are only missing one third of our best team going into this game so no excuses, standard fair for the Pies the last 5 years.

The question is whether Greenwood, Langdon, Mihocek, Daicos, Brown, Mayne & Murray can fill the shoes of Treloar, Wells, Elliot, De Goey, Reid, Aish & Dunn.

Missing the 2016 leading goal kicker Fasolo. He's in our best 22 I'd say.

Goldsack a handy proposition also.

The great thing about the team this year is that we have been able to replace players in the best 22. So successful in fact that the kids coming through may well have now overtaken those experienced regulars. Easily been the best in the comp in doing so.

The Tigers will be distraught if we were to beat them on Saturday. If they lose I wouldn’t be surprised if their season falls apart.

Obviously JDG is another big out, however, I’d also much rather have the big strong body of Sier than Brown.

It sucks to lose De Goey and Sier but losing this game won't be the be all end all.
Just need to make sure we beat Sydney and Port then have De Goey and Sier back for finals and smash those Tiger pricks when it counts in September.

Also, I'd add your dumb if you think bringing in someone to replace De Goey is the same as "replacing De Goey".

Obviously he can't just be replaced so does that mean you don't even attempt to bring in a like for like? Stupid comment tbh

Again Buckley probably had to choose from
Brown, Oxley, Crocker, Blair, Smith

The others aren’t ready. I’d say brown is he closest like for like.

Eh... I'm no fan of Jon Ralph either but I just watched the clip of him talking about it. Apparently he did source an actual medico for an assessment, and Bucks' words didn't really say he'll be back in Round 21, just that they'll be able to reassess in that round.

Ralph mentioned Fyfe having a similar injury and playing through it, which ultimately led to the break. Did Freo catch the stress at the start like we apparently have with De Goey?

He's just a biased campaigner. If it were Dusty he would be all '2 weeks for Martin and he'll be back'. Because its a pies player he's straight to the worst case scenario. He did source Dr Peter Larkins but unless he's got some inside knowledge, he's just guessing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injuries suck but I can now go into tomorrow tipping Richmond to win but hoping for an upset or at least signs that like last time we can go with them.
But the key thing is that we know that we have a few extra gears if we get to play them again in a few months time rather than giving them our best now and failing

Eddie said on Hot Breakfast this morning that Sier just nicked his quad in a warm up kicking drill. He intimated that it was pretty minor and he won't be out long.

With DeGoey he said that the knock on the shin occurred in a game a few weeks ago. He's suffered some pain since and they've scanned it and it was all clear. However, after last week's game the scans showed the stress reaction.

He referred to Nat Fyfe a couple of years ago as that is what happened to him, but in his case he kept playing and the stress reaction became a fracture. They're hoping that rest for a couple of weeks will do it and he'll be reviewed then, but there are no guarantees.

Last edited:
No Treloar, Dunn, Reid, Degoey, Elliot, Aish, Goldsack, Fasolo, Wells. Thats 9 players arguably out of our best 22 yet them flogs seem to think we are whinging about injuries!!!! #$% i hope we win this weekend.

Are they oblivious to the fact that they are number one in the AFL in ‘least games lost to injury’? It’s no coincidence that there dream run with injury coincides with their success. To think otherwise would be delusional.

I would suggest that after Hardwike also put in a tirade against teletubby robinson it's a lock that Lynch is going to richmond

Slobbo actually scored a point with the judges after pointing out that Hardwank cracked the sads and said there should be anti-tampering rules brought in after reports surfaced of the Lions throwing a massive offer at Rance.

Might be the only time slobbo scores a point ever but it was a good one.

Bit nervous with Madgen promoted from the rookie list there may be another late out.

Good news is we can have all four game day emergencies as the VFL doenst play till Sunday!!!

Backups for both Moore and Cox are not unrealistic. Both have been last minute outs in the past two weeks. Clubs just being extra cautious because they can. Magden the backup for Moore, McLarty the backup for Cox, Oxley and Smith because their VFL form is ok.

Last edited:
Are they oblivious to the fact that they are number one in the AFL in ‘least games lost to injury’? It’s no coincidence that there dream run with injury coincides with their success. To think otherwise would be delusional.

In-game injuries also matter and two or three of our losses have coincided with multiple game ending injuries for over half a game, sometimes to key players.

He's just a biased campaigner. If it were Dusty he would be all '2 weeks for Martin and he'll be back'. Because its a pies player he's straight to the worst case scenario. He did source Dr Peter Larkins but unless he's got some inside knowledge, he's just guessing.

My understanding from what has been said is that Jordan will literally do nothing to avoid putting any further stress on the leg over the next two weeks and then he'll have scans to check the hot spot and the club will work out what to do from there.

Based on past cases who have appeared to have been brought back slowly into a full training load I'd hazard an uninformed guess that we're looking at him being out for 4 weeks minimum.

ie. rest for two weeks, go in for a scan, if scan results are good light training in week 3 and reassess, ramp up to full training in week 4 and play that week if all is well and there are no signs of soreness.

He's just too important to lose for the season to be rushing him back with this particular issue.

No Treloar, Dunn, Reid, Degoey, Elliot, Aish, Goldsack, Fasolo, Wells. Thats 9 players arguably out of our best 22 yet them flogs seem to think we are whinging about injuries!!!! #$% i hope we win this weekend.

A couple richmond posters on the main board keep posting sh1t like

"its a shame both teams have injuries ".

Just lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back