Preview Changes: Round 20 v Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been as harsh on CC as anyone, but I thought tonight was the exact type of game we want from him - 2 occasions of pure zip, had a handful of good chances for goal, looked up and about.

He is never going to be a 20+ disposal winner. I've given up hoping for that. But 15 quality ones is good - plus with the zip and work with Eddie, that's what we want.

As we saw today, a fit and fresh Betts and B Crouch makes it more likely that we'll get top two

That's the problem and why we never have in the past - we always just need to win a couple more games, then we'll start doing some smart player management. A few wins, couple of losses... still scrapping for whatever benchmark we were shooting for. Oh, it's the end of the season and we missed our chance.
We don't need to rest too many

Bye coming up

Brad and Eddie had enforced rests but they were actually perfectly timed

Talia to rest would prob be a good idea but Daniher scares me

Happy with all the others to keep going and keep the momentum

He's been ok. Not saying Keath should be dropped but he hasn't been outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He has looked like a guy who has only played a few afl games. Got monstered by Dixon, which was to be expected. Looks a bit tentative with ball in hand. Has shown some good glimpses though both defensively and with the ball.

Need two wins for top 2. I wouldn't rest unless absolutely necessary.

I wonder how Greenwood is tracking? Would hate to see him not play from now on but I'd also hate to see mm burn out come finals.

Yes we do unless the cats knock off the tiges this week and then only one required

I wouldn't put it past Geelong I hate barracking for them but will be this week

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would go Wigg for Mackay if he is injured we have seen what seeds has produced which isn't anything great

Give Wigg a crack he has put his hand up this year and see if he grabs the opportunity

Wigg has definitely earnt a spot, but there is too much on the line to bring in another debutant now. He might have to wait for next year. Seedsman has played big games, which will be important experience/depth come finals time. In a few weeks.

All the talk on the Essendon board is about tagging Sloane. It's great that teams and supporters in general haven't woken up to the fact the Crouch brothers and Greenwood have been far more devastating than Sloane for weeks now. Every week they keep underrating our midfield. Loving it.

I think Harto could be in trouble for the rest of the year. Don in his presser said Hartigan no way against Essendon and then needs to build his fitness up again. It sounded like at least 2 more weeks

Unless Don and the selection panel , along with the fitness guys, decide Keath needs a rest for Finals then Hartigan might need to fight for his spot. Though I can see an argument to swap them come Finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wigg has definitely earnt a spot, but there is too much on the line to bring in another debutant now. He might have to wait for next year. Seedsman has played big games, which will be important experience/depth come finals time. In a few weeks.

All the talk on the Essendon board is about tagging Sloane. It's great that teams and supporters in general haven't woken up to the fact the Crouch brothers and Greenwood have been far more devastating than Sloane for weeks now. Every week they keep underrating our midfield. Loving it.

You could be right I don't actually think anyone in the twos will be an enormous improvement on what we have in the As, Harto is the only one who could break into the team come finals, Cheney and otten will if we get injuries and are forced to replace players with and Menzel has just been an enormous disappointment. Milera is another injury replacement for mine and Hampton has missed too much

Even watching SPP today even though he started the year so well it shows first year players probably aren't totally ready, but he will be stronger for it next year

I think Harto could be in trouble for the rest of the year. Don in his presser said Hartigan no way against Essendon and then needs to build his fitness up again. It sounded like at least 2 more weeks

Unless Don and the selection panel , along with the fitness guys, decide Keath needs a rest for Finals then Hartigan might need to fight for his spot. Though I can see an argument to swap them come Finals

Harto wont be required to show form to get back in though. Will just need to build up his fitness. His first game back could be the first final and it wouldnt matter. His only risk of not getting back in is if Keath all of a sudden starts playing blinders. Looks a step too far I think. I have liked his game - a lot. But its his lack of experience and getting sucked in to giving away frees that worry me. Harto will be the lesser of two evils.

Nah Keath isn't ready for a huge finals campaign like we're about to have. Harto needs to come straight back in so we don't have to worry about Keath being exposed by the better forwards come finals time due to his lack of experience. Keath has done an admirable job so far but is a long way off being ahead of Harto.

Nah Keath isn't ready for a huge finals campaign like we're about to have. Harto needs to come straight back in so we don't have to worry about Keath being exposed by the better forwards come finals time due to his lack of experience. Keath has done an admirable job so far but is a long way off being ahead of Harto.

Yep. The only thing I worry about is Harto coming in and messing up the balance. He was awful as the third man up before his injury. We havent had that issue at all since hes been out. Not convinced that we will be better with Harto vs Keath. But more confident he wont give away frees due to inexperience like we saw tonight.

They'll go with Otto as an undersized KPD.

Lol. Otten must be so frustrated that every time a key player gets injured he is selected, does the job then gets dropped instantly when others get to stay.

He should do an Andrew jarman this week and refuse to play lol. Sure it would be the end of his career, but what sort of a career is it anyway when you are used and abused and disrespected. Do it otten. **** em.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: Round 20 v Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back