Changes vs Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

From the Sando presser Kurt in a no go this week but Jacobs, Shaw and Talia are all in full training and are all set to play.

No Kurt this week by the looks of it. Should be right the following though:

My previously stated conspiracy theory has Kurt coming back for the Brisbane game as part of a secret deal with the AFL. They said he's out for the year, we said he was fit to play Geelong, the compromise was for him to take a month off, thus returning for the game against Brisbane.

Given Shaw is apparently available, I think its quite simple:

Out: L. Thompson, B Symes
In: S Jacobs, S Shaw

Strengthens our forward line, giving us 2 full time key forwards and a part timer who can help Jacobs in the ruck and gives us a genuine 3rd tall defender back. Johncock is likely to sub.

in: Jacobs, Shaw and Riley/Tambling
OUT: Symes, Mckernan and L. Thompson
While I'm keen to support any team that suggests omitting Symes, why would they drop Symes only to replace him with Riley or Tambling? I thought it was fairly clear by now that they're both behind Symes in the pecking order. Surely Symes would only be replaced by someone higher on the pecking order, not lower?

Vader. In respose to your reply. I am coming from the angle where i think Symes is not ideal as a sub where Riley and Tambling perhaps may have in that position. Agree on those two players are below Symes in the pecking order.

Vader. In respose to your reply. I am coming from the angle where i think Symes is not ideal as a sub where Riley and Tambling perhaps may have in that position. Agree on those two players are below Symes in the pecking order.
We still have Stiffy available for service as our "super sub". Mind you, I'd rather see Symes wearing the green vest, as it means he's not on the field damaging our chances of winning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My previously stated conspiracy theory has Kurt coming back for the Brisbane game as part of a secret deal with the AFL. They said he's out for the year, we said he was fit to play Geelong, the compromise was for him to take a month off, thus returning for the game against Brisbane.

The AFL doesn't make deals, just demands. There, conspiracy theory debunked.

Given Shaw is apparently available, I think its quite simple:

Out: L. Thompson, B Symes
In: S Jacobs, S Shaw

Strengthens our forward line, giving us 2 full time key forwards and a part timer who can help Jacobs in the ruck and gives us a genuine 3rd tall defender back. Johncock is likely to sub.
Also, have flexibility to throw McKernan back & Shaw forward.

No Kurt this week by the looks of it. Should be right the following though:

Good!

Kurt needs a minumum 2 weeks off, as the 1 week off hasn't helped previously. No rush as we need him fully OK for finals.

Ok here goes :D. Players I reckon had a break out period towards the end of their second season on an AFL list last year:
Daniel Menzel
John Butcher
Jack Gunston
Sam Reid
Jason Tutt
Mitch Duncan
Ben Stratton
Gary Rohan
Allen Christensen
Dustin Martin
Christian Howard

Okay, slight question mark on the 'players of his type' part...but thats good enough for me. I look forward to calling out the next 'Thommo51'. Suspect you and I might be the only ones who know what it means though.

I have one for you. After hearing Sando on 5AA earlier this week....... Mind you this will not be the only change

In: Tambling

Out: Stiffy

I have one for you. After hearing Sando on 5AA earlier this week....... Mind you this will not be the only change

In: Tambling

Out: Stiffy
Quite possible. Knights & Symes have both had 2-3 game "auditions" to save their list positions, prior to being delisted at the end of the year. It's not implausible that Tambling should be afforded the same luxury. Johncock's omission shouldn't come as a surprise to many, given the way that Sando's been talking about him lately and the way he's been shuffled forward/back/in/out of the team all year.

Quite possible. Knights & Symes have both had 2-3 game "auditions" to save their list positions, prior to being delisted at the end of the year. It's not implausible that Tambling should be afforded the same luxury. Johncock's omission shouldn't come as a surprise to many, given the way that Sando's been talking about him lately and the way he's been shuffled forward/back/in/out of the team all year.

With the demise of Hendo, Stiffy is a prime candidate for the sub in the finals.

The problem is that he needs to keep playing to ensure his fitness improves. Since Port Magpies(along with 4 other teams) have a bye this week I can't see Stffy missing out on Sunday.

Now we know that Kurt is not playing, my late entry is

In - Jacobs, Shaw and Tambling

Out - McKernan, Thompson (if Shaw is available), Symes

I wouldn't mind Riley or Lyons instead of Tambling but I doubt that this will happen. I have no idea what it will take to get Lynchy a game, possibly shaving his head?

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back