List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I assume he will be fit, just not match fit.
I don't think him running around in the wafl would do him any good. Especially for a month.

I'd bring him straight back in.
If not, 1 game in the wafl to see if he gets through ok.
My understanding was part of oscars getting match fit is to test his knee under the load of real games .

I would much rather him having a few games in the wafl where its not so much a big deal to pull him out or manage his game time rather than play him in the AFL when there is fully fit forward options available.

Retaining Yeo is absolutely crucial.

That bigger body around the contest for the younger players is exactly what we need whilst our kids develop.

It could also be a factor in Reid's longevity with us. You only need to look at Yeos goal celebration against the bombers. He put a hand to his head and pointed two fingers. All the players crowded around him. Reid came at the end and was the only player to do the same celebration as him.

That bigger body around the contest for the younger players is exactly what we need whilst our kids develop.

It could also be a factor in Reid's longevity with us. You only need to look at Yeos goal celebration against the bombers. He put a hand to his head and pointed two fingers. All the players crowded around him. Reid came at the end and was the only player to do the same celebration as him.
Not just directed at you but I think we all need to take a breath sometimes. Not every single thing the club does needs to domino effect into Reid staying.

If he wants to stay he’ll stay. If he wants to go it will be because he wants to go back home to his family and network.

We should retain Yeo because he’s a superstar (when fit). Not because it may be a contributing factor to Reid signing a contract in 3 years time.

Fwiw I don't wanna see barass gone but if he did definitely not to Collingwood, pies have a horrible draft hand it'd have to be dogs or syd, busslinger + a f1 minimum considering hes got 3 years to run chuck in arty jones as well. If syd, I'd want their pics 18+19 or try luring warner or pic18+ sheldrick.Worst case scenario we try get Josh.battle as a FA to cover for barass

Pies- no way

Wb- barass for buss+ f1+ Jones?

Syd- 18+19
- 18+sheldrick
-Barass + r2 for warner

So to you, sheldrick is worth pick 19, simply because he is west Australian?

He has done next to zero at afl over several years.

Not just directed at you but I think we all need to take a breath sometimes. Not every single thing the club does needs to domino effect into Reid staying.

If he wants to stay he’ll stay. If he wants to go it will be because he wants to go back home to his family and network.

We should retain Yeo because he’s a superstar (when fit). Not because it may be a contributing factor to Reid signing a contract in 3 years time.
Yep Yeo is a superstar that i would want to retain regardless.

And I wouldn't ever agree with any pandering to Reid like giving him extra benefite such as returning home frequently over our other players.

But he is exceptional and something we haven't had on our list since Chris Judd. These are the players you build teams around. And if Yeos signature helps with Reid's happiness, sign away.

Its a bummer that the Suns are chasing Rioli as we could have a crack at their 8,11 and 20 with our 3 plus 23.

8 Lalor - 187cm inside mid / HFF same mold as Hewett and Reid.
11 Travaglia - 187cm HB / mid
20 Bo Allan - 191cm left foot HB / mid

Add Champion late matching a bid

Trade: Busslinger F2nd

Two mid / defenders, one big bodied with agro. One classy intercept rebound defender.

One mid forward agro beast who could rotate with Reid and Hewett.

A classy small forward.

And a very promising intercept KP defender turning 22 with two years in the system.

Add Clay Hall and Hewett plus these 5 guys to the current team playing and we look very, VERY different. Seven players. Now that is some pressure on spots that would be building next season.

What's the **** Tobie travaglia is 187 cm. The dude taking a bunch of intercepts is only 187cm.

Seriously I thought he was 192cm plus taking intercept marks as a tall defender.

That was his selling point marking and kickig. The short dude isn't going to translate to AFL as an elite Backman by basing his game around intercept marking.

My want for him has tanked. A 187cm defender with his game being at excelling marking and kicking is no way worth it.

Last edited:
What's the **** Tobie travaglia is 187 cm. The dude taking a bunch of intercepts is only 187cm.

Seriously I thought he was 192cm plus taking intercept marks as a tall defender.

That was his selling point marking and kickig. The short dude isn't going to translate to AFL as an elite Backman by basing his game around intercept marking.

My want for him has tanked. A 187cm defender with his game being at excelling marking and kicking is no way worth it
You mustn't be much of a fan of Sicily then?

Yeo won't play out his next contract. It's another naitanui superannuation play.

My want for him has tanked. A 187cm defender with his game being at excelling marking and kicking is no way worth it
Lachie Whitfield a Sicily are 185-187cm depending on what you read. Reckon they’d be a handy addition for us? Travaglia has far more strings to his bow than just marking, his role is not the 3rd tall, he just happens to be excellent overhead. He’s a running defender and distributor. Elite tank, fast, excellent reader of the play, good decision maker, wonderful kick, impacts contests, versatility to play further up the ground, standard setter and leader. He’s an outstanding prospect and should be one of our top priorities. Give me a thumbs down if you agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a quick look at the average age and games/experience for us in the first half of the season.

Age (Years)

We have been the younger team in 69% of our games by an average of roughly 3 months.

Not won a game where our average age is greater than 25.5

Our averaging winning age (25.36) is less than our averaging losing age (25.47) #playthekids

8th youngest team on average 25.45

AFL Average: 25.7

Oldest: Pies 27.5

Youngest: North 24

Experience (Games)

We have been the team with the least experience in 62% of games by an average of 3.42 games.

One win we had less experience (Melbourne) & in the other two wins (Tigers & Freo) we were the more experienced team.

Our average winning experience (95.06) is also less than our average losing experience (95.8) #playthekids

9th least experience team on average 95.63 games.

AFL Average: 99.3

Most experienced: Geelong 125.9

Least Experienced: North 69.6

1718323988445.png

Brady Hough is an elite smallish defender who plays like a top 5 draft pick.

But if I had to redraft him I wouldn't draft him with top 10 pick. And that's saying something given Brady Hough is taller then Tobie by a slight bit
Steven May is 193cm. He's shorter than Culley.

Still a pretty handy defender.

Travaglia wouldn't be drafted as a KPD, for starters.

Something wasn't right with Barrass in last week's game (I know he wasn't alone).
It was noticeable that he was just hack kicking it out of the backline every opportunity he got, generally straight to a Kangaroos player, especially early in the game when it was on the line.
He only had 2 marks for the game and went at 44% disposal efficiency.
Barrass has never been a great kick, 99% of the are just up and unders to a pack

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The night train
What about the Hoe Train (For the old wrestling fans)

Hoe Train GIFs | Tenor

Barrass has never been a great kick, 99% of the are just up and unders to a pack

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree, but he wasn't even hitting packs with his kicks. Straight to an oppo player on multiple occasions.

Made me wonder if he was under instructions or under duress.....

You mustn't be much of a fan of Sicily then?
Exactly my thoughts when I read that post. Some players just play taller anyway. (Not that's their main role)
Tom Stewart is 190cm too.

You can still be a very strong mark, even if not a giant. Innate ability to ready the play and flight will win nearly every time.

Awesome watching those types ply their craft.

Even Guy McKenna was excellent at that. Listed at a very generous 6ft.

I agree, but he wasn't even hitting packs with his kicks. Straight to an oppo player on multiple occasions.

Made me wonder if he was under instructions or under duress.....
My guess is lower back playing havoc with hamstrings. (Can speak from experience with this one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back