List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
This has got to be the earliest trade deals are being reported on as virtually done deals. I get that it's a shifting landscape but it still seems odd to be we're hearing things like this with a month of football remaining. Previously there's been rumour and innuendo and then things escalate once the teams involved are eliminated from the season. Interesting times.

On the Graham rumour itself - it's a bit gross.

I’m finding it hard to see a top 5 pick. I know his best is very good but then I just see too many games where he’s just very average. Will be interesting to see what Freo offer I don’t see it in our best interest to use high a pick on him. However Pyke did say we would be very aggressive.
He's contracted so similar to Barrass a team has to pay overs, except Shai is only 25 years old.
TBH he does seem like the type of player you'd bring in for a premiership tilt (i.e. Fremantle).
Whether they would be prepared to put up two of their 1st rounders for a run next year I'm not sure.

A very exciting trade/FA period coming up from the sounds of things lol. Cant wait.

I wonder if Bolton is on the cards for us at all, probably not but itd be interesting to find out how the new list manager sees the list and how he wants to proceed.

Hunt wasn’t an immediately popular acquisition when it was first mooted but at least he had pace which was something we lacked so there was some discernible logic to it

Not entirely sure what Graham brings that we specifically lack other than being a bit of a mature body. Seems an odd choice. Certainly not a particularly exciting one

Withholding judgement for now until we see all the list changes in what’s shaping as an intriguing and atypical offseason at West Coast

Jack Graham, 26 not 32.

Go back to the response when we got Hunt for free - you still need to field a team and if it’s just for a small bit of cap space then a good list turnover is a good list turnover.

And if the worst case is that he’s a solid senior body for the WAFL - ok. That’s a perfectly fine way to spend some cap space too.

Hunt wasn’t an immediately popular acquisition when it was first mooted but at least he had pace which was something we lacked so there was some discernible logic to it

Not entirely sure what Graham brings that we specifically lack other than being a bit of a mature body. Seems an odd choice. Certainly not a particularly exciting one

Withholding judgement for now until we see all the list changes in what’s shaping as an intriguing and atypical offseason at West Coast
He’s good defensively Keys. Everyone whinges about how we don’t tackle well here’s your tackling mid.
No guarantee he’s going to be a good pickup but I think it’s the list manager simply trying to bring some balance to a very aggressive midfield which gets hurt badly when it’s not on our terms.

Bolton for Barrass straight swap. Tiggies need a quality backman now that grimes is retiring
They have the same problem as us where Barrass is too old for when they'll be pushing again. Barrass will only go to a team ready to play finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A very exciting trade/FA period coming up from the sounds of things lol. Cant wait.

I wonder if Bolton is on the cards for us at all, probably not but itd be interesting to find out how the new list manager sees the list and how he wants to proceed.
Highly doubt it, absolutely a perfect fit for Freo and their list and draft hand.

Superstar player but would cost pick 2 and 10 we get for TB.

Might go the Cats way….. Bolton, Baker, Graham, English, Garcia, Carroll this year and Warner ect next ;)

Would be a very bold strategy and bigfooty wouldn’t be big enough for the traffic.

Freo have a young but seriously competitive list, a plethora of picks, and Bolton plays a position they need. Sounds like he’s keen enough to come home.

It’s such a no brainer for them to sort it out, all that remains is cost.

No sense us getting involved, it’s too easy of a slam dunk for Freo and not at all what we need right now given what it would cost us versus the ammo we have to get it done.

Welcome to Freo, Shai Bolton.

A career average of 5 tackles a game is a good enough stat for us to grab him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m finding it hard to see a top 5 pick. I know his best is very good but then I just see too many games where he’s just very average. Will be interesting to see what Freo offer I don’t see it in our best interest to use a high pick on him. However Pyke did say we would be very aggressive.
Also under contract.
Will take Freo's first 2 rounders I think.

He will be the cream on the cake for Freo.
Would be a huge get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back