List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
He's contracted so similar to Barrass a team has to pay overs, except Shai is only 25 years old.
TBH he does seem like the type of player you'd bring in for a premiership tilt (i.e. Fremantle).
Whether they would be prepared to put up two of their 1st rounders for a run next year I'm not sure.
Freo have virtually gotten pick 7ish for Shultz.
They have 3 first rounders, so would definitely give up 2 for a player of Bolton's quality.

Highly doubt it, absolutely a perfect fit for Freo and their list and draft hand.

Superstar player but would cost pick 2 and 10 we get for TB.

Might go the Cats way….. Bolton, Baker, Graham, English, Garcia, Carroll this year and Warner ect next ;)

Would be a very bold strategy and bigfooty wouldn’t be big enough for the traffic.
Yeah I doubt it too, still should be more exciting than our usual uneventful trade periods

The top up strategy would be VERY interesting and tbh I am curious if it could work. Theres some decent players that might be gettable if they could get on board with the idea of a huge list turnover, talking 12+ players lmao. Could be a selling point to get players over.

Yeah I doubt it too, still should be more exciting than our usual uneventful trade periods

The top up strategy would be VERY interesting and tbh I am curious if it could work. Theres some decent players that might be gettable if they could get on board with the idea of a huge list turnover, talking 12+ players lmao. Could be a selling point to get players over.
They have been on record saying they will be trying to add players in this age range.

Freo should be able to get Bolton done with their first rounders.

Perfect fit for their list profile - doubt we would jump in.

The guy's got four...FOUR years left on his deal. That's multiple first rounders right there...Freo can have him unless he specifically wants West Coast, which no one in their right mind would when the other mob are gonna be Grand Final contenders for the next half decade.

The guy's got four...FOUR years left on his deal. That's multiple first rounders right there...Freo can have him unless he specifically wants West Coast, which no one in their right mind would when the other mob are gonna be Grand Final contenders for the next half decade.
Doesnt stop us from throwing our hat in the ring so freo have to cough up a bit more like how they stuck their noses in it with the kelly trade

I just know we will bring in these players....

J Graham-
Whitlock- key fwd who can pinch hit in ruck
Shanahan- key fwd who can prob try ruck
Gerryn- key fwd who can pinch hit in ruck

IMG_9995.jpeg

Graham shares a birthday with Rotham, so let’s look at Rotham down to our 22 year olds.

I count seven guys he’s instantly better than on there. Does that speak to where we’re at? Yep!

It’s hardly a sugar hit, super sexy free agent acquisition, but this is how you build list depth and give a new coach options to drop guys when they’re out of form. You can’t have a cupboard as bare as that in the 22-26 year old range, then act like we’re above an AFL standard (albeit hardly inspiring) freebie.

Re Brockman’s contract status

West Coast list boss Rohan O’Brien was thrilled to secure Subiaco product Brockman, who accepted a three-year deal to play alongside close friend Liam Ryan. Brockman was keen to move back to Perth for family reasons, with his partner and twin daughters.

I know footywire have him as out of contract this year but they’re not infallible. Coen Livingstone for example is listed as contracted for 2025 but Cat B rookies are only given a 1 year initial deal so he’s out of contract this year

It’s also unlikely that Brockman would agree to come across on a 1 year deal when Fremantle were reportedly offering 4 years

Bit of an issue when our own media department don’t know how long our players are contracted for

Highly doubt it, absolutely a perfect fit for Freo and their list and draft hand.

Superstar player but would cost pick 2 and 10 we get for TB.

Might go the Cats way….. Bolton, Baker, Graham, English, Garcia, Carroll this year and Warner ect next ;)

Would be a very bold strategy and bigfooty wouldn’t be big enough for the traffic.
That would sort the list out straight away. Our KPF and KPD stocks are fine, it's our midfield, flankers and ruck that are weak. That would take us straight to premiership contention with Reid, Warner and Bolton in the middle (supported by whatever Yeo and Kelly can still muster).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would sort the list out straight away. Our KPF and KPD stocks are fine, it's our midfield, flankers and ruck that are weak. That would take us straight to premiership contention with Reid, Warner and Bolton in the middle (supported by whatever Yeo and Kelly can still muster).
Yeo and Kelly wouldnt have to carry the load with those additions. Kelly could play off half forward and Yeo could rotate from the half back.

We could probably turn Barrass into Bolton for roughly equivalent assets, then our first pick for Warner. English FA, maybe 1 more random FA-Haynes maybe as KPD depth? Stocker from the Saints? Cumming would be perfect. Then maybe 1 more cheap mid depth signing for a F3 or something, and we are back.

The issue with the ‘Cats’ plan, would be if Warner came home next year and the Dockers had the cap space, by not spending it on Bolton this year, he is likely heading to the Dockers.

I heard a interview with him last year where he wasnt even a thought of as a high draft choice for this year
and he said worst result would be to go interstate
Things change, I think with Harley here it would be attractive to others. Plus Murphy played with Harvey Johnston last year.

View attachment 2065686

Graham shares a birthday with Rotham, so let’s look at Rotham down to our 22 year olds.

I count seven guys he’s instantly better than on there. Does that speak to where we’re at? Yep!

It’s hardly a sugar hit, super sexy free agent acquisition, but this is how you build list depth and give a new coach options to drop guys when they’re out of form. You can’t have a cupboard as bare as that in the 22-26 year old range, then act like we’re above an AFL standard (albeit hardly inspiring) freebie.
Who’s the 7th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back