List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
If we gave back f2 there could be very little between their f1 and our f2.

We will be bottom 4 and they will be top 4. Could be pick 17 for pick 20.

Has to be our f3 if anything.
Where's the incentive for Hawthorn to accept our F3 for their F1? Let's say they slide out of finals and we finish 13th. That would be pick 42 for 13. I would love for that to happen but it's not happening. We would have a significant portion of the upside in any pick swap.

Go back to how many genuine stars/A-graders/AA calibre players (on current form) does a side need to be a premiership contender

Pies last year had 5 or 6
Brisbane have 5 or 6
Swans this year have Warner, Heeney, Gulden, Blakey, Mills and Grundy is 6

In 2018 we had Gov, NicNat, Gaff, Yeo, Kennedy, Shuey and Hurn at 7

In 2 years time we have Allen, Waterman, Reid, hopefully our pick 3, ill call 1 of the rest including Hewett to be another. Thats 5. Trade 1 in or find another from the draft and we are on.

The rest are role players and B graders, theyre not hard to find
The problem has been, for a long time, we can't draft b graders (non KPP) even if our lives dependant on it.

Where's the incentive for Hawthorn to accept our F3 for their F1? Let's say they slide out of finals and we finish 13th. That would be pick 42 for 13. I would love for that to happen but it's not happening. We would have a significant portion of the upside in any pick swap.
That's the risk they're gonna have to take if they want Barrass. They'll be betting his inclusion with battle will shore up there defence and allow Sicily more freedom to make a tilt. The incentive is do you want the player you've swooned or not.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tigers prob don't go for it and heavily in our favor but still..

Eagles:
In: pick 12 pick 29 baker
Out: barrass F3

Hawks:
In: barrass
Out: F1 and 12

Tigers:
In: F1 and F3
Out: 29 and baker

Full disclosure I prefer baker stays put and just take hawks first two picks and move on. Less keen to bank future picks.

If we gave back f2 there could be very little between their f1 and our f2.

We will be bottom 4 and they will be top 4. Could be pick 17 for pick 20.

Has to be our f3 if anything.

As West Coast fans we want a kitchen sink for a contracted, proven All Australian level KPD that is still on the right side of 30, going to a club crying out for a missing piece to a premiership push.

However - what do you think Hawthorn would be willing to part with? A quick perusal of their board reveals something a lot closer to a straight 12-ish pick and maybe an F1/F2 swap if needed or throwing in DGB if he is amenable. They balk (rightly) at giving us 12 and F1 straight out.

Just trying to put a different (re: unpopular) perspective around here...

Hawthorn and WC will probably do a deal that satisfies no-one which means it was a good deal.

The problem has been, for a long time, we can't draft b graders (non KPP) even if our lives dependant on it.

We cant draft B graders? Whats a B grade player? Duggan and Cripps level?

Jack Williams looks like a solid 2nd ruck and forward.

Long and Hough are decent young role players. Ginbey already solid.

Hutchings with a first full preseason could surprise.

I reckon Hawks smash the Dogs then knock the Power out in straight sets.

It may not be Pick 12.
Tbh I think of the 5-8th teams, the best one for the hawks to come up against for us is the Dogs. Dogs have them beat in the middle, and can expose their lack of tall defenders(maybe they should fix this in the offseason) with their elite KPFs

I reckon Hawks smash the Dogs then knock the Power out in straight sets.

It may not be Pick 12.

I think you are giving Port the same disrespect we copped in 2018.

Hawks have won games against the top 8 3 times this year, none outside Victoria. Have defeated a top 8 side once in the past 10 games (an injured depleted Carlton who got more injury depleted)

Port have beaten Cats in Geelong, Freo Away, Carlton in Melbourne (when they had a proper side), and smoked Swans by 100.

Yes Hawks alive played great footy. Against the nuffies. Not their fault. They got a bottom 6 draw.

Port have done the hard yards. To be honest I don’t reckon Port need to worry about semi-final weekend anyway

As West Coast fans we want a kitchen sink for a contracted, proven All Australian level KPD that is still on the right side of 30, going to a club crying out for a missing piece to a premiership push.

However - what do you think Hawthorn would be willing to part with? A quick perusal of their board reveals something a lot closer to a straight 12-ish pick and maybe an F1/F2 swap if needed or throwing in DGB if he is amenable. They balk (rightly) at giving us 12 and F1 straight out.

Just trying to put a different (re: unpopular) perspective around here...

Hawthorn and WC will probably do a deal that satisfies no-one which means it was a good deal.

He’s probably a dud, and has no value in the trade, but if DGB were to come across on a 1 year deal (instead of being delisted) as the proverbial packet of chips on top I think we should ask for him to be included (note for this to be a thing we would have to be happy with the deal without him added).

We do know how to develop talls, and clearly there is some talent there…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow just read trac nearly died when he got sent on the field.

From that guess he has trauma from that and is pissed at medical team and no longer trust them.

If that's the basis of his trade request then he would have no problems going to any club that has world class facilities and medical team. I don't believe he wants flags that's hit pieces by melb camp. I think he wants safety.

So with that in mind we could get trac for unders? I mean we are the richest club in the land we can assure trac that we can have 10 doctors looking at him on game day. Also it keeps him away from melb fishbowl. Helps him with trauma

How unders would we do it for trac?

12 and F1 for Barrass and F2 will essentially be Barras for 12.

Hawks win flag. F1 Pick 18

We win the spoon. F2 Pick 19

Yuk

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Even if pick 18 its not a 2nd rounder.

So it wont get pushed out as far as pick 19 will.

And the Hawks are not winning the flag next year. They havent won a final in how long?

From that guess he has trauma from that and is pissed at medical team and no longer trust them.

If that's the basis of his trade request then he would have no problems going to any club that has world class facilities and medical team. I don't believe he wants flags that's hit pieces by melb camp. I think he wants safety.

So with that in mind we could get trac for unders? I mean we are the richest club in the land we can assure trac that we can have 10 doctors looking at him on game day. Also it keeps him away from melb fishbowl. Helps him with trauma

Trac is the exact opposite of what we need. Does not fit our list profile at all.

Am I the only one happy with pick 12 or whatever Hawthorn end up with?

I expect a few dislikes thrown my way but difficult to see even Hawthorn throwing in DGB as a sweetener and they do not have a lot of draft capital. Don't think they are at the stage of pushing for a flag just yet so they won't be throwing away all their picks for ready made players, not many would be looking to leave, and Hawks would want to use their next pick (30 or so) in the draft.

I think 12-15 or so is a fair straight trade for Barrass.
Yeah and they'll throw a 2nd in probably

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Barrass leaving may work out for the best but put yourself in Hawthorn's shoes. What would you give up for a 29 year old with a degenerative back?
If they didn’t think he was a good bet and a top player they wouldn’t be paying him $1 mill pa for four years with an option of a fifth.

We suffer badly from the cringeing Aussie syndrome.

Hawthorn’s payment is showing what he is worth. A very low round 1 or round 1 plus more.

From the sounds of it he wants to stay in melbourne or at least on the east coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back