List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Kosi's a little overrated for mine.
We still have too many holes on our list to give up too much for him. Hawks first rounder 12-18 is worth it though (maybe add a darling if interested) - but I would be hoping to keep whatever else we negotiate for Barrass.
We just can't be going to this draft with 2 decent picks and trading our F1 will be a bad move long term.
He's basically good for 40 goals a year and intense pressure.

I don't follow drafting / trading like most but is there any chance we would somehow try and use the pick we receive for Barass to entice Trent Rivers ? Ideal age profile for our midfield .

I don't follow drafting / trading like most but is there any chance we would somehow try and use the pick we receive for Barass to entice Trent Rivers ? Ideal age profile for our midfield .
Rivers + Kosi would be ideal, and itd suit our F1 being used in a trade. We dont have the right picks to get Kosi done right now I dont think

Kosi would be the right age profile for us but will be very expensive I would say

He is very over rated. Like Ryan he has a heap of talent but he is very inconsistant and it is these types of players the Eagles need to have very few of.
I hope we don't go after Picket, we need midfielders and ball movers as a priority. Not small forwards. Baker and Graham must be ahead of Picket.

I'm very openly honest that I don't know how to value Pickitt for Dees and for us.

Let's cut to the chase. There are two kinds of people: sheep and sharks. Anyone who's a sheep is fired. Who's a sheep? You're a shark. Sharks are winners, and they don't look back because they have no necks. Necks are for sheep. If Kosi were an 80s stock, how much would you trade him for, ethics aside?

There's your answer.

Kozi is worth more than Barrass, we need to get a decent sweetener from Tommys trade. Something will have to give, either F1 or split 3 I imagine

How on earth is he worth more than Barrass. Not in the same universe. Kosi averages 12 touches a game. We got plenty of them already who don't get it enough.
Kosi can go to Freo, we don't need him. We already got him.

How on earth is he worth more than Barrass. Not in the same universe. Kosi averages 12 touches a game. We got plenty of them already who don't get it enough.
One is 23 and one is 29 fundamentally. Id despise if we took Kosi in and pretended what he does at Melbourne is what we want him to do

I kinda feel Demons dont use him enough in the midfield, mainly because Petracca and Kosi dont really match up in the same midfield. They have always wanted 1 of them up forward and 1 in the midfield I suppose and Kosi is no Petracca

If we get Kosi, he better become better then he currently is all ill say. I think we can achieve that

So Rotham, LEdwards, Witho, JJ, Baker and Trew makes 6 list spots, and no rookie spots. Wouldve liked 1-2 more.
Hope Rawlinson isnt retained tbh
So what's that then, 4 draft picks and three trades if Barrass leaves?
Baker, Graham, Peatling/Carroll sound the most likely ins.
Burgiel? think he's given another year to see if he can get his body right, and that's a lot of defensive delistings.
With the likelihood of getting two picks in the Barrass trade we may need to use a future pick on one of the Peatling/Carroll trades.
I'd like to split 3 and take two firsts, one second and a fourth rounder this year.
Long odds trades that may boost our draft picks, Maric, Darling, Ryan.

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's cut to the chase. There are two kinds of people: sheep and sharks. Anyone who's a sheep is fired. Who's a sheep? You're a shark. Sharks are winners, and they don't look back because they have no necks. Necks are for sheep. If Kosi were an 80s stock, how much would you trade him for, ethics aside?

There's your answer.

I like stories.

Barass pick for kozi could work. Also wonder if they’d do our pick 3 + our second + our f1 for pick 5 and kozi. That way we still get 2 first round picks this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

One is 23 and one is 29 fundamentally. Id despise if we took Kosi in and pretended what he does at Melbourne is what we want him to do

I kinda feel Demons dont use him enough in the midfield, mainly because Petracca and Kosi dont really match up in the same midfield. They have always wanted 1 of them up forward and 1 in the midfield I suppose and Kosi is no Petracca

If we get Kosi, he better become better then he currently is all ill say. I think we can achieve that

How? He has been a failed midfielder for years already at Melbourne. Most small forwards are failed midfielders..
I can't see anyway he could become the type of mid we need. Maybe an outside wingman but he loves to be a goalkicker and hence we end up with a super talented 12 disposal average player. Not worth worrying about as we have them already.

And Barrass averages 13, not really eithers role to accumulate. And one is 23 and the other 29. Pickett kicks 40 goals a year, has lots of score assists and his defensive pressure is pretty close to elite, something we definitely lack in our small forwards. Bit of upside with midfield rotations too. Having said that he wouldn't be worth much more than Barrass.

What facts do you base your post on? Its all guess work of course

I just feel once you work through the Rioli and Noble trades and then you got the matching the Lombardo bid not much is left over for little ol Liam Ryan
facts:
GCS on record saying they want established talent
GCS have pick 6, WBD R1 and 20
GCS traded Rankine to Crows in 2022
GCS in recent history over pay in picks for players

Opinion:
GCS and COLL are likely to swap Noble and Davies

They’ll have plenty of points and I’m confident WBD pick or pick 20 would be on the table if Ryan indicated a desire to get to the Suns

I'm not a huge fan of Pickett.

His habit of jumping off the ground to flatten opponents is not a great look or football act.

And when he celebrates a goal you just want to slap the kid.

Fair chance every season he cops suspensions that will only get longer.
I was a fan even before I watched him live climb all over our guys at the mcg recently. Brings energy, class.

Make it happen

facts:
GCS on record saying they want established talent
GCS have pick 6, WBD R1 and 20
GCS traded Rankine to Crows in 2022
GCS in recent history over pay in picks for players

Opinion:
GCS and COLL are likely to swap Noble and Davies

They’ll have plenty of points and I’m confident WBD pick or pick 20 would be on the table if Ryan indicated a desire to get to the Suns

We could also up the pick compo by covering some of Ryan's salary for the two seasons he is currently contracted for.

Suns will always be chasing cap relief if offered.

Also kozi would be a way better get than baker hopefully our former Richmond list manager realises that

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Get both, get Peatling from GWS, that's 3 best 22 players. Gives us instantly a harder edge. Would make getting Graham as a FA more acceptable as well.

If we can somehow achieve the above whilst keeping pick 3 and our f1 and also get access to Champion that would be quite an amazing haul.

Enough to suggest these are all legitimate links to these players which makes me think we are definitely asking for some priority picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back