Unofficial Preview ****ing hawthorn again

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think that defensive mentality is the whole reason this midfield, which in theory is loaded with talent, remains kinda dysfunctional.
Nothing to do with defensive mentality. Giants use DeBoer to great effect and still look to score. Problem with our midfield is that our ruck is well beaten most weeks.

Nothing to do with defensive mentality. Giants use DeBoer to great effect and still look to score. Problem with our midfield is that our ruck is well beaten most weeks.
This

Exciting as it was, lets just see if the wce game was a one off as such this year. Im hoping we've turned a corner with that win and the encouraging signs with the previous month.

So Clarke's the new whipping boy despite 3 of his last 4 outings being quite strong?

Correct.

Those using his disposal as the main knock on him have a valid argument but if we are talking butchering they clearly didn't watch Hanneberry's disposal over his last 2 seasons. If he wasn't turning it over he could barely kick it 15 metres. Someone has to be he for tiggy though I suppose. He is in illustrious company though considering McVeigh was once the bloke taking the lashes. Still does with some.

You know one thing that really pisses me off about the club I support and pay good money to be a Premiership Club member of is the lack of communication.

Five players are still listed as "TBC" on the injury list. One "indefinite". And yes, I know we can now count Smith as "season". We get these little one-liners in the (sometimes) weekly injury wrap that tell us stuff all. I get there's more to it than that but this ****ty communication with members has gone on for years now and we deserve better.

I guess I'll just keep busy reading about coffee with Cynthia.
I'm pretty sure it's the AFL you need to be pissed at. I complained about it last year and was told that the updated injury list was sent to them each Tuesday, and it was up to them when/if the update the page.

Although having said that, rather than saying 6 weeks and meaning 8, this year they appear to be saying we'll confirm the return date when we know exactly when it is...

I'm pretty sure it's the AFL you need to be pissed at. I complained about it last year and was told that the updated injury list was sent to them each Tuesday, and it was up to them when/if the update the page.

Although having said that, rather than saying 6 weeks and meaning 8, this year they appear to be saying we'll confirm the return date when we know exactly when it is...

Ok I accept that. But wouldn’t a brief line every 3 or 4 weeks on Sammy Naismith be a not unreasonable ask? “Look his recovery has been a bit slower than we’d hoped. He had a setback. Maybe Round 12.” Just something. It’s like the update is designed to tell us as little as possible. Our membership is not cheap. I don’t demand the right to boo. I’d just like to know how our list is going.

Ok I accept that. But wouldn’t a brief line every 3 or 4 weeks on Sammy Naismith be a not unreasonable ask? “Look his recovery has been a bit slower than we’d hoped. He had a setback. Maybe Round 12.” Just something. It’s like the update is designed to tell us as little as possible. Our membership is not cheap. I don’t demand the right to boo. I’d just like to know how our list is going.
Yep, I agree... membership is not cheap, and we should be informed. I get weekly emails that tell me stuff all, although I have (and probably will again) bagged them when they tell me 4 weeks for three consecutive weeks! But those emails should include updates on the long term injury list (and by long term, I mean anyone over four weeks!).

Win this and the league will be on notice

Yes I'm sure the top teams will sit up and take notice of the 15th placed team beating the 12th placed team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct.

Those using his disposal as the main knock on him have a valid argument but if we are talking butchering they clearly didn't watch Hanneberry's disposal over his last 2 seasons. If he wasn't turning it over he could barely kick it 15 metres. Someone has to be he for tiggy though I suppose. He is in illustrious company though considering McVeigh was once the bloke taking the lashes. Still does with some.

Hanners was useless last year, doesnt excuse clarkes disposal

he tries hard

but if kennedy jones etc come back then someone has to go

Hanners was useless last year, doesnt excuse clarkes disposal

he tries hard

but if kennedy jones etc come back then someone has to go

Where did I say it excused Clarke's disposal ? What I was saying people have short ******* memories when it comes to potting players for the very same reasons fan favourites get no flack what so ever for. Fwiw Clarke should be sent packing if you have the likes of Kennedy,Jones or Hayward all available. Having said that at least he can find the ball and works hard off it defending. In what is going to be a year where Finals are not a priority now what is the harm in persisting with him if his effort is there to see if improvement in his composure comes as the year goes on ? His Foot skills don't look technical to me they looked hurried and nervous. Look at Rowbottoms kicking technique for example and there is a flaw.

Last edited:
Where did I say it excused Clarke's disposal ? What I was saying people have short ******* memories when it comes to potting players for the very same reasons fan favourites get no flack what so ever for. Fwiw Clarke should be sent packing if you have the likes of Kennedy,Jones or Hayward are all available. Having said that at least he can find the ball and works hard off it defending. In what is going to be a years where Finals are not a priority now what is the harm in persisting with him if his effort is there to see if improvement in his composure comes as the year goes on ? His Foot skills don't look technical to me they looked hurried and nervous. Look at Rowbottoms kicking technique for example and there is a flaw.

people do have short memories yep just saying hanners example doesnt mean we can excuse Clarke

its all opinions, happy to be alone on it, i agree to a point, if this is a development year then you could argue theres no harm if the effort is there
on the flip side i prefer to try and keep winning and making finals as a first goal until mathematically impossible

id also rather invest the time into a better prospect in the first instance

Clarkes been ok in recent weeks id agree, but theres an element of the bar being bloody low. havent seen many lesser skilled players

again just my view, will probably play 200 games and skipper the team who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back