Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is there a reason the AFL decided to scrap Thursday night games for the second half of the season?
Quite liked them and they seemed to be popular viewing wise. Poor crowd attendances?

AFLPA wanted to limit 5 day breaks (which Thursday night footy requires, to a degree).

Also might have something to do with the broadcast deal, because Thursday nights would (logically) be on Free to Air.

I have no doubt Richmond fans will expect Richmond to send him home for a third rounder, just ask they said Geelong should for Tim Kelly

AFLPA wanted to limit 5 day breaks (which Thursday night footy requires, to a degree).

Also might have something to do with the broadcast deal, because Thursday nights would (logically) be on Free to Air.
They need to add the aflpa to the union investigation. Ending corruption and the limits to Thursday night footy go hand in hand

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hodge since retirement has become one of the best footy media and special comments men. Destroys Kingy here.

That's brilliant. I quite like hodge. Taken him a while to get to that level with media. I think selwood can get there too though might take longer.

So many of the talking heads on our media ecosystem need to be put to pasture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back