Preview R20: Changes vs. Hawthorn

Will Daniel Curtin come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Curtin has had two very good games in the centre in the SANFL. Time for him.
Curtin in for Dawson Inj
Borlase comes in for Butts inj
Tex in for Berg (unlucky)

AFL
F Walker Thilthorpe Rachele
HF Keays Fogarty Cook
C Dowling Berry Sholl
HB MLanney Murray Hinge
B Nankervis Keane Laird
R O'Brien Curtin Soligo
I Taylor Smith Borlase Bond
S Murphy

SANF
F Gollant Burgess Murray
HF o'Leary Himmelberg Welsh
C Jones Edwards Clifford
HB Boyle Worrell Ryan
B Tahana Madgen Daniele
R Strachan Schoenberg McHenry
I mcDonala Whimpress Thomas
Interesting line up

I wouldn't have Nankervis playing back pocket... should put Bond there.
Nank should be either HBF or Wing.
Murphy..... urghhh.... can we replace him with Jones?

We have to get Curtin in somehow.

There's just no way that I can see where he genuinely comes in.

The only way I see that happening is if Nankervis comes out, or if Bond goes out and they pulled Michalanney back and push Curtin forward a little. Nank's stats don't show it, but IMO he has elite composure under pressure, and seems to find really good options out of our D50. It would be unlucky if he came out. If they see Bond doing a job on one of the Hawks small forward then highly doubtful he comes out either

The only way I see that happening is if Nankervis comes out, or if Bond goes out and they pulled Michalanney back and push Curtin forward a little. Nank's stats don't show it, but IMO he has elite composure under pressure, and seems to find really good options out of our D50. It would be unlucky if he came out. If they see Bond doing a job on one of the Hawks small forward then highly doubtful he comes out either
Smith for starters even though it's unlikely that's a role I'd be reasonably confident Curtin could handle.

Was a bit interesting hearing the guys on SEN talk about something Craig McRae had said previous regarding fitness. Apparently his view is that there's a difference between being fit enough to play and being fit enough to perform. Now, I know this is exceedingly obvious, but it is still something that our club hasn't cottoned onto. Hopefully with Smith this week, it finally dawns on them and he's not nursed through a classic AFC style senior player fitness test.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? Playing in midfield in 2s, is a bigger body, has been our best the last 2 weeks. A midfielder that is a bigger body is out. Can rotate through half back with Max / Laird. Its the perfect opportunity to play him

Forget about Curtin coming in because Matt Crouch is available*

(*listed as a test and will return in "coming weeks")

Comes in for Dawson

Hamill Gallagher and Crouch available

AFL
F Walker Thilthorpe Rachele
HF Keays Fogarty Cook
C Dowling Berry Sholl
HB MLanney Murray Hinge
B Bond Keane Laird
R O'Brien Curtin Soligo
I Taylor Smith Borlase Nankervis
S Jones

SANFL
F Gollant Burgess Murray
HF Gallagher Himmelberg Welsh
C Murphy Edwards McHenry
HB Hamill Worrell Ryan
B Boyle Madge n Daniele
R Strachan Schoenberg Crouch
I mcDonald Whimpress Thomas O’Leary

Why do you feel the need to post crap like this, sounds like Matt has attacked his rehab like the professional he is, maybe give him some credit for a change. How do you read he'll be up for AFL selection this week from that article?

Why do you feel the need to post crap like this, sounds like Matt has attacked his rehab like the professional he is, maybe give him some credit for a change. How do you read he'll be up for AFL selection this week from that article?

Because Darren Burgess said it in the video

Because Darren Burgess said it in the video
You don't believe that he'll come straight into the AFL?

“Matt has continued running while in rehab and if he is given surgical clearance, can resume contact training and work towards being available in coming weeks which is a welcome boost for the team.”

Effing great, rush Crouch back to join in with Laird and their midfield combo again. Season is dust, what is the point in him pushing to get back before the end of they year and play maybe 1 or 2 meaningless games. Better to get his minutes into the younger kids pushing up. He'll be back in the side round 1 2025 anyway.

You don't believe that he'll come straight into the AFL?

“Matt has continued running while in rehab and if he is given surgical clearance, can resume contact training and work towards being available in coming weeks which is a welcome boost for the team.”

He's missed 7 weeks, our captain is out concussed, Burgess said he might be available for selection this week, it's a must win home match to keep our slim mathematical chance alive

Yes I think there's a very good chance he will come straight back into the AFL side

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R20: Changes vs. Hawthorn

Back