Preview R20: Changes vs. Hawthorn

Will Daniel Curtin come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Always feels like one step forward, one step back

Can have a great, underdog win with young players starring just a week ago

And following that positive, the club cannot kick itself in the balls quick enough

Always feels like one step forward, one step back

Can have a great, underdog win with young players starring just a week ago

And following that positive, the club cannot kick itself in the balls quick enough
kick in nuts GIF

You forget how this club works.

Curtin will be hung out to dry in the SANFL, given a role which doesn’t showcase his skills.

Nicksy will the use this to justify his non-selection not only for this week, but the rest of the season.
Have we earmarked the trip to Kardinia Park for Curtin and Ryan to get a run? Smith and Murph might have a breather for that one. Rest some sore spots. Back in for the home game to follow

Also… what’s our obsession with half arsing players fitnesses? Soligo sub, Thilthorpe sub, Keane being emergency first half of last year despite “not having AFL fitness” until the back half of the year, and now Worrell emergency. We aren’t playing for anything, if Worrell isn’t ready then keep him out.

Nicks talking about the footy gods yesterday, Brodie Smith must have been doing a lot of praying to them with his continued selection this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People on this board will post about guys like Cook having had enough opportunity- they used to say the same thing about Fog- while ignoring the guaranteed selections of guys like Murphy and Jones.
This is a bloody good point. Why does no one on Bigfooty ever complain about Murphy being selected?

I haven't bothered to check out any press conferences, but has an explanation been given for the selections yet?
I think Nicksy's explanation would be a little different to ours.

My explanation is that he's a dud.

Can't wait until we get the win and all the whingers go quiet!
Winning this weekend is not what people are whinging about. Yes we might get the win and that's good for the management. But we need to get games into players like Curtin and we only have a few games left. You have to think of the future. For me a win this weekend isn't as important as performing well next year.

Ignoring all the discussion of senior players for a moment, Curtin should be very disappointed to see Bond named as starting centre instead of him.

Curtin should be far ahead of Bond in the junior player selection order in the midfield

Last edited:
Ignoring all the discussion of senior players for a moment, Curtin should be very disappointed to see Bond named as starting centre instead of him.

Curtin should be far ahead of Bond in the junior player selection in order in the midfield
There’s probably some truth to these posts
Always happy to see a debutant and don't want to shoot him down before he's even played, but is this another example of Nicks choosing a tough guy who tries hard, rather than someone with natural talent like Curtin or Ryan?

I don't trust Nick's ability to identify genuine talent
Let's be honest, Bond is a prototype Nicks player.
Hard at it, dour, defensive minded - skill and creativity is secondary.
+ Bond has an extra year on him, more often than not it’s tenure > talent at the AFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R20: Changes vs. Hawthorn

Back