Autopsy Roast & toast vs Melbourne and changes for round 21 vs Western Bulldogs

Best vs Dees

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt, but at least Soldo didn't lay down. Gave his all imo.

Need to develop Ryan as that second ruck because he won't make it as a forward imo
didn't mind soldos game. gawn is one of the probably top 20 rucks of all time and we needed to Double Team him, nank cost us. make no mistake the umpires and gawn broke out backs in the second half. and petty and melkscum made our defence look impotent.

Yep….Love grimes…

been awesome for us….

but gees he needs to really think about whether he should go on
I dont even mind if he plays on he just cannot be captain. I can't see us ever dropping a captain when we refuse to even drop a premiership player. he cannot be guaranteed games next year. keep him around for his guidance and as insurance but we need to move on, seriously, it's doing us no favours.

Good effort by the boys it was there umpiring 2 interpretations out there. Mini did us no favour through if he subbed of Miller if he wasn't injured that was a coach killer move. Dimma did the same first round and again we move Balta and floodgates opened in.

only a 5 day break, grimes, cotchin riewoldt all really quiet/poor. Do we rest them?

Out: Grimes, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Miller
In: Brown, Coulthard, Nank, Cumberland

It will be a small forward line but all the dogs kpd are injured anyway, and Soldo is playing well so doesn't deserved to be dropped, but not sure all of Miller, Soldo, Nank can play

Last edited:
I can't take the blatant cheating, it's too much.

It was terrible coaching and team selection.

How JR8 can continue to play is beyond me, he is offering nothing.
Why wasn't Cumberland selected after kicking 6 last week? We are screaming out for goal kickers and he is not there.
Banks made too many errors, we need to give Hugo a run of games.
Pickett needs to go back to the wing, Ross on the other wing and I would play KMac as a forward he would be 1000x better than Jack.

Cotch can retire himself now he has been average

It's season over, I can't see us winning many games from here on.

We had a genuine crack but the reality is our defence was just not solid enough. We gave up 130 points. Grimes gives away a goal every time he gets near it, Balta's gap in performances are too far apart right now. Our midfield is also inconsistent. We go through patches where we dominate the contest and far too much time where they go missing. And the elephant in the room is JR8 who is about as cooked as anyone in the comp right now. Dogs will proper end our season next week,

I’m done. The game is stuffed. Once gambling was legal, money flows and corruption infiltrated the AFL. They change the rules so umpires have influence on the game…..they do . No one from the media calls it out as they toe the line in the form of gambling sponsorship they receive. AFL receives millions of dollars from these companies it’s a business and AFL sets the agenda of who they want in the finals and to win it. We created the chaos ball which no team could replicate and the AFL had to step in to change the rules, umpire the game so no dynasty is made. It’s a business and better for revenue if games are not blow outs in prime time. Earsets introduced, snicko etc again to control the game to their agenda. It’s a shame we had a great game that has been ruined by betting companies and agendas the AFL can control. 🤬
Just look at any sport that has heavy gambling ......gambling comes in and corruption is only one step behind......

Have at it.
disappointing finish.
we let petty kick 6. Let that sink in.
finals now pretty much out of the equation.
thought soldo battled hard, but was just overrun by a champion in Gawn, who was amazing.
i’d like to see coulthard given a full game and why not bring in brown and a few other young players as well.
anyhoo, back to watching The Witcher.
The Witcher sucks too
More men in pony tails than the GWS Gen Z line up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

only a 5 day break, grimes, cotchin riewoldt all really quiet/poor. Do we rest them?

It will be a small forward line but the all the dogs kpd are injured anyway, and Soldo is playing well so doesn't deserved to be dropped, but not sure all of Miller, Soldo, Nank can play
Don’t mind those changes 👍

I dont even mind if he plays on he just cannot be captain. I can't see us ever dropping a captain when we refuse to even drop a premiership player. he cannot be guaranteed games next year. keep him around for his guidance and as insurance but we need to move on, seriously, it's doing us no favours.
Yeah…if he continued to play, it would be a few games on …rest…a few games on

have to think about who he’s stopping from getting development time

Then Again, Grimes might be carrying some sort of injury and can’t compete which begs the question…why play him injured?

ultimately, shouldn’t be captain

Hope that loss really hits the selection committee in the head that a few of the premiership hero’s are done

Grimes and Graham especially
*en diabolical
Won't happen. Mini hasn't got the balls to make the hard calls.

Can we drop the coach for that insane decision to sub off Miller and move Balta out of the backline? And was there something wrong with Soldo? It seemed like he was off the ground for an eternity while Gawn got on top and - with help from our own incompetence and the umpires - won them the game.

If Grimes is still playing next year there is something seriously wrong at the club. In the space of 3 seasons he's gone from the best defender in the game to an absolute liability.

It will be a small forward line but the all the dogs kpd are injured anyway, and Soldo is playing well so doesn't deserved to be dropped, but not sure all of Miller, Soldo, Nank can play
I’d look to bring in bauer at least …maybe Ryan

Need to remind myself we are rebuilding and still competitive.

Playing Jack,Cotchin,Grimes,Pickett,Graham until the end of season is all well and good but it has cost us to do so.

We were the much better team for three quarters,thank god we have Dusty.I was all for mini but maybe we do need a clean sweep through.

We have given games to the younger players and found some keepers.

Need to see more of Cumbo in the forward line.

Next year please can we have a real captain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back