Autopsy Roast & toast vs Melbourne and changes for round 21 vs Western Bulldogs

Best vs Dees

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s the issue
He gave it his all but it was just a serviceable game

With Nank the better option and Ryan next in line what’s the point of holding Soldo

Trade bait for mine
More than serviceable for mine.
Soldo actually won his fair share of taps and we were up in clearances until the last quarter.
I dont see how Nank or Ryan would have done any better.
Gawn put the superman cape on, nobody could stop him.

Not sure what game you were watching but our backline already went to s**t when Balta was playing down back. Petty made him look like a rookie today. It was pathetic
Sorry, you're right, the move worked.

We were 5 points down when he made the move and lost the game by 32 points.

Coaching masterclass

I clearly posted that their forwards were already having great games but you don't compound the issue by sabotaging the backline and that's exactly what happened. You don't move the #1 intercept player in the AFL because his opponent is having a good game.

What was meant to happen? They were going to score less? That's some weird logic.

Think Ryan would be a better option as a back up ruck along with Miller

At least Miller and Ryan can be utilised in other positions in terms of being depth on back up players
Unfortunately Soldo can’t so I really don’t think he justifies his list spot just to be a back up
Still think Soldo is the best option to partner Nank, but long term Ryan will be.
Ryan got dropped after a few poor games and didn't do much in the VFL after that. Miller is useless in the ruck and a bit part forward.

Grimes needs to go, we are clearly not quite at the level and now need to see who in the twos can step up. I like the look of Brown and Trezise in the back half and want to give games to both Bauer? and Cumberland, anyone else seeing talented kids with the skills to perform on the big stage

More than serviceable for mine.
Soldo actually won his fair share of taps and we were up in clearances until the last quarter.
I dont see how Nank or Ryan would have done any better.
Gawn put the superman cape on, nobody could stop him.
It’s not the taps
His tapwork is great it’s what he offers when not in a ruck contest that is a concern

1 mark for the game isn’t good enough

This game wasn’t on Mini. He had us playing well for 3 quarters. Unfortunately a team of 22 can’t play a team of 26 and this one was all on the umpires starting with that bullshit 50metre penalty in the 2nd quarter.

miller subbed off? …was that Minis call?

grimes left on ground…

no change afterlast week?

It was a Select group of players that played well…not mini

Thought we actually played the best we have since the bye.
It took a phenomenal games from viney, gawn, petracca and petty going peak Wayne Carey to run us over.

Dusty first half was on fire and thought most players contributed well.

Balta had one of those days where some of his errors hurt us but felt they just got too much ball deep into the backline in the 2nd half for us to handle.

Not too upset about the loss even though was desperate to win that, feel we have plenty to work with next season but some obvious holes need filling (key forward, speedy mids).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flicked on in the 4th pickett had the ball on the wing, evaded one, then was tackled and handballed it to ground where they cleared it. was there nothing on up the ground?
thats his signature move. has the worst decision making i've seen. takes his time, sums it all up and then invariably picks the worst possible option.

This game wasn’t on Mini. He had us playing well for 3 quarters. Unfortunately a team of 22 can’t play a team of 26 and this one was all on the umpires starting with that bullshit 50metre penalty in the 2nd quarter.
Two bullshit 50m penalties. The first for Hopper not giving the ball back when he wasn't in poss. the second when Gawn flopped cos of Balta's body contact. Then there were some really dodgy htb decisions against us when the game was in the balance. Dusty faded late, he was in God mode first half.

miller subbed off? …was that Minis call?

grimes left on ground…

no change afterlast week?

It was a Select group of players that played well…not mini
I heard Miller was subbed off injured, was that incorrect?

QUESTION - do we get a free kick after halfway during the 2nd Q
ANSWER - YEAH 1 with 2 seconds in the game left.
Viney and Trakka try to bulldoze his way through tackles and traffic x 8 times = 8 ball ups.
Taranto, hopper and broad do the same x 5 times = 5 free kicks to Dees

THIS. The umpiring today mimicked that of the 2016 grand final when the Swans were absolutely reamed.

Corruption personified.

THIS. The umpiring today mimicked that of the 2016 grand final when the Swans were absolutely reamed.

Corruption personified.
The game swung when we were 20 up and Gawn flopped. Then there were some dodgy frees against us for htb which lead to Dees goals. Last quarter we lost all will. Umps deff switched momentum of the game.

From the preview thread -
Looking forward to Miller making Adam Tomlinson look like Alex Rance while collecting 6 disposals, 2 marks and an arsey goal himself.
Got the match up wrong but marks and disposals bang on, bit generous woth the goal though.

Seriously the guy is a shocking competitor. Shouldn't be gifted any more games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back