Autopsy The King influences Umpires a win over North by 3 points... #jessiewhitesque

Remove this Banner Ad

Shit way to win, but at the end of the day it was a deserved free kick and we needed some luck to finally go our way somewhere.

Some of our mids had okay games but absolutely smashed in the clearances again today. I have no idea what the answer to that is, but clearly neither do our coaching staff.

Anyway, we got the W and it seemed to mean a lot to the players. Lets hope it's enough of a spark to get some semblence of momentum into our season.

Why do you say that?
If 11 days is applied to anytime they discover concussion then Hickey isn’t available this week but McCartin probably is.

There were videos of Tom training or at least on the track. I reckon they just applied the protocol to him despite the concussion not being on gameday.

We will see this week.

Ultimately this season is cooked…

iI am delighted we beat Norf in circumstances of there own making.

lol Norf

The jokes on us. They just secured a better draft pick than us. Probably the prime midfielder we need.

We're going to run our best players into the ground chasing 10th to 8th position in a clearly done season. Picking up another skinny half back in the draft. Winning!

lol Swans

I hate winning a game like that. And what is the reward? At the end of the season we come in 9th to 12th rather than 13th to 16th? That’s a bad deal.

Here’s what I would’ve loved….

Instead of taking the final shot at goal, we dribble it over the sideline and the umpires throw it in in the F50 with 30 seconds left.

Even if we lost, I’d be happier than winning the way we did.

I know it was all above board but to me that ain’t a win.

If 11 days is applied to anytime they discover concussion then Hickey isn’t available this week but McCartin probably is.

There were videos of Tom training or at least on the track. I reckon they just applied the protocol to him despite the concussion not being on gameday.

We will see this week.
Surely time to make a call on Paddy Mc Cartin for this season with the mid season draft coming up.

How did our midfield go from going toe to toe with ****ing Melbourne's and Collingwood's midfields to now not being able to get on top of a single midfield in the comp in 6 months

Weren't we losing most of the battles out of the centre last year too, only we were playing fantastic slingshot footy with a settled and formidable backline?

I harped on about it in the gameday thread but papley is not a *ing mid. He should br nowhere near the centre bounces or midfield. He's an AA small fwd. Keep him in the fwd line. He's shithouse in mids.
He attended one in every three centre bounces when we alwere playing well to close last year, one in four through our first few wins this year and then close to none since our form has completely fallen away.

I don't think he's an amazing midfielder but I think his energy helps get people going in there, and it also makes it harder for the opposition to keep track of who has responsibility for him.

I assume he's playing with an injury because nothing else explains how much his centre bounce attendance went off a cliff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate winning a game like that. And what is the reward? At the end of the season we come in 9th to 12th rather than 13th to 16th? That’s a bad deal.

Instead of taking the final shot at goal, we dribble it over the sideline and the umpires throw it in in the F50 with 30 seconds left.

Take the win. We have been on the end of worse over the ourney.

Feel for north and emphasise, but they made an error as weird as it was.

We got the W, don’t look a gift horse in the mouth

Was there, my 3rd AFL game in the last 15 years with my North Melbourne family.Initial re action they were robbed but to win that way I did not like but they lost it,we did not win it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy The King influences Umpires a win over North by 3 points... #jessiewhitesque

Remove this Banner Ad

Back