Autopsy The King influences Umpires a win over North by 3 points... #jessiewhitesque

Remove this Banner Ad

Shit way to win, but at the end of the day it was a deserved free kick and we needed some luck to finally go our way somewhere.

Some of our mids had okay games but absolutely smashed in the clearances again today. I have no idea what the answer to that is, but clearly neither do our coaching staff.

Anyway, we got the W and it seemed to mean a lot to the players. Lets hope it's enough of a spark to get some semblence of momentum into our season.

I don't want to hear any excuses about heeney or papley so called injuries. Both played in the mids and have played up the ground throughout the season. Both are not injured. Stop making excuses for their s**t form. They're just s**t right now.

Anyone saying they're injured are kidding themselves. You have zero proof.
Ha ha ! Have been saying this for years. You step over the white line your fit. Sick of hearing excuses. Heeney has more complaints than the
Women's Hospital. Having said that his effort today was there.

Last edited:
IMO we should be resting our players carrying niggles.

North Melbourne's interchange person does their job correctly and we are 3-7 and the season is done. Getting the W doesn't change anything in regards to our season. We won't win games with our injured players playing like they are anyway.

North Melbourne's interchange person does their job correctly and we are 3-7 and the season is done. Getting the W doesn't change anything in regards to our season. We won't win games with our injured players playing like they are anyway.
Wouldn't it be funny if that North Melbourne guy turned our season around?

rowyiisa a C grade spud
Ok, I'm going to bite at this. Uncle, I enjoy your posting but your vendetta against Rowie is beyond comprehension. I was at the game tonight and watching him live was an education. He continually puts in and never gives up. He can hack kicks forward but that is usually because he has 2 players having off him every time. His front and centre work in front of leading forwards was sensational and he was obviously moved into the forward line for a while to lock the ball in. Which he did.
I'm not sure what you want from him but, watching live, I would have put him in the top 6 of our players tonight. You need to move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that I've had a few drinks at GABS, I can look back on the game now. It was the ending the game deserved. We didn't deserve the win but given our first quarter and misses at goal, we should have destined North.

Hopefully we take a lot of learnings and take it to Carlton next week at home

Paps seems so ineffective in the midfield and is such a spark in the forward line, having him at centre bounces just makes no sense right now. Our midfield is so small already. Would rather rotate McInerney or someone through there.

Each to their own but I do not get this whole 'I would have rather lost' attitude. People are saying that the team has scars from the GF, the team is mentally shot, lacks confidence, yet think winning isn't important and would rather lose. Yeah that really helps the team with any mental fragility.

Hate that rampe snitched

Just to win the game

We should have one it on being the better team and easy imo
What a strange take. Is telling the umpire that your opponent ran too far snitching? How about telling the ump that he had his hands in your back, is that snitching? Or maybe telling the goal umpire that you think their goal hit the post is snitching as well?
Drawing the attention of the official to a transgression of the rules has been part of the game since Moses put the boots on for the Israeli Wanderers.
Weird.

What a strange take. Is telling the umpire that your opponent ran too far snitching? How about telling the ump that he had his hands in your back, is that snitching? Or maybe telling the goal umpire that you think their goal hit the post is snitching as well?
Drawing the attention of the official to a transgression of the rules has been part of the game since Moses put the boots on for the Israeli Wanderers.
Weird.
What about when he climbed the goal post

Just think it was a shit way to win

I like this as a concept

But the issue is I do not believe we have the personnel to come in.

Heeney and Papley are playing injured, but Konstanty and Wicks are underdone, Sheather is injured and we have no forwards left in the reserves.

He attended one in every three centre bounces when we alwere playing well to close last year, one in four through our first few wins this year and then close to none since our form has completely fallen away.

I don't think he's an amazing midfielder but I think his energy helps get people going in there, and it also makes it harder for the opposition to keep track of who has responsibility for him.

I assume he's playing with an injury because nothing else explains how much his centre bounce attendance went off a cliff.

Here we go, the injury excuse again. If he's injured they won't throw him into the guts. Simple. Opposition don't care about papley hurting them in the mids, they do care about his damage in our fwd 50. He's a small fwd, a poor midfielder who continuously loses his opponent in the centre. He has flashy moments in the mids which mask his inability to perform effective mid play. He doesn't fit into our midfield, if you want an attacking minded mid then you've already got one in warner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy The King influences Umpires a win over North by 3 points... #jessiewhitesque

Remove this Banner Ad

Back