Autopsy The King influences Umpires a win over North by 3 points... #jessiewhitesque

Remove this Banner Ad

Shit way to win, but at the end of the day it was a deserved free kick and we needed some luck to finally go our way somewhere.

Some of our mids had okay games but absolutely smashed in the clearances again today. I have no idea what the answer to that is, but clearly neither do our coaching staff.

Anyway, we got the W and it seemed to mean a lot to the players. Lets hope it's enough of a spark to get some semblence of momentum into our season.

Ok, I'm going to bite at this. Uncle, I enjoy your posting but your vendetta against Rowie is beyond comprehension. I was at the game tonight and watching him live was an education. He continually puts in and never gives up. He can hack kicks forward but that is usually because he has 2 players having off him every time. His front and centre work in front of leading forwards was sensational and he was obviously moved into the forward line for a while to lock the ball in. Which he did.
I'm not sure what you want from him but, watching live, I would have put him in the top 6 of our players tonight. You need to move on.

Teasing c88

Parker was huge. McLean was.... impressive even. Liked the will shown by Blakey and Warner and maybe there was a random glimpse of Heeney showing something too.

Totally screwed our MSD with those 4 points and it sure doesn't prove a corner has been turned. I'll take it but it's a ho-hum win

Broken record moment.... we ballsed up the last 2 drafts

Not saying our midfield wasn't crushed. Just that clearances aren't the be all and end all of everything

Still, I prefer we are not flogged there. Surely you agree it does not help.

To what extent are the mids issues system or personnel based?

Bruh can you say outplayed without actually winning?

Colossal flogging rarely seen

View attachment 1692614
Another display of the midfield and coaching staff and how they have the midfield playing this season.

Yesterday was shocking again and a picture of were we are at

Surely most who watch are not happy with the standard of footy we are playing this season.

Last edited:
Another display of the midfield and coaching staff and how they have the midfield playing this season.

Yesterday was shocking again and a picture of were we are at

Surely most who watch are not happy with the standard of footy we are playing this season.

Personally think stats are overrated.

but its the way it unfolded, Norf who are shit waltzed out of the middle, which means our depleted defence is screwed once they loweredthe eyes (something we rarely do)

Watched a few random bounces, 13:22 to go in the third, Parker, Rowbottom, Gulden with Ladhams ruck, not exactly a spud group. Goldstein actually gets it first to dish to a team mate , the other 2 north players are holding space all 3 of our mids run to goldstein and chase the ball, Parker and Rowbottom go to it, Ladhams is on the ground, North flick it over and gulden who was coming in is wrong footed as Sheezel and a team mate just storm off,

If even guys like Parker (who was BOG arguably) are just ball chasing at a CB what hope do we have, injuries or no injuries

Just basic set up and structure stuff is poor imo

But im just a dick on a couch

Well a recliner

but its the way it unfolded, Norf who are s**t waltzed out of the middle, which means our depleted defence is screwed once they loweredthe eyes (something we rarely do)

Watched a few random bounces, 13:22 to go in the third, Parker, Rowbottom, Gulden with Ladhams ruck, not exactly a spud group. Goldstein actually gets it first to dish to a team mate , the other 2 north players are holding space all 3 of our mids run to goldstein and chase the ball, Parker and Rowbottom go to it, Ladhams is on the ground, North flick it over and gulden who was coming in is wrong footed as Sheezel and a team mate just storm off,

If even guys like Parker (who was BOG arguably) are just ball chasing at a CB what hope do we have, injuries or no injuries

Well a recliner
For almost 1 1/2 quarters

Ball waltzing out of the middle and just more want by opposition teams.

I’m not massive on The stats but they don’t really lie the last 8 weeks or so.

Ranked the worst midfield other than hawks and wce

Let’s be honest Yiu only have to watch and see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but its the way it unfolded, Norf who are s**t waltzed out of the middle, which means our depleted defence is screwed once they loweredthe eyes (something we rarely do)

Well a recliner
Despite the talk of last year I don’t think our midfield can compete with the best , there isn’t enough a grade/class what ever you wanna call it.

Who is our best midfielders and compare them

For almost 1 1/2 quarters

Ball waltzing out of the middle and just more want by opposition teams.

I’m not massive on The stats but they don’t really lie the last 8 weeks or so.

Ranked the worst midfield other than hawks and wce

Let’s be honest Yiu only have to watch and see.

I agree

Just mean sometimes you can be shit at clearances or win them and still doesn't tell the story

Despite the talk of last year I don’t think our midfield can compete with the best , there isn’t enough a grade/class what ever you wanna call it.

Who is our best midfielders and compare them

Our midfielders are good enough to do the basics like keeping awareness of an opponent surely

For the one centre bounce we stuffed up we had

Parker
Rowbottom
Gulden

versus

Sheezel
Wardlaw
greenwood

our 3 right now are better imo , I know their 2 look promising

I agree

Just mean sometimes you can be s**t at clearances or win them and still doesn't tell the story
As long as you set up that way , tigers were shit for years but they set up for that.

We can’t set up like that as it’s to much pressure on the depleted back half.

Sometimes you just gotta win the footy and get ground position like north did.

If not for Parker we get beaten yesterday in there even more

Last weeks numbers in the 2nd half even horse said he has never seen

There are major issues and it’s just we can’t compete with the best as we don’t have the calibre of players in there

As long as you set up that way , tigers were s**t for years but they set up for that.

We can’t set up like that as it’s to much pressure on the depleted back half.

Sometimes you just gotta win the footy and get ground position like north did.

If not for Parker we get beaten yesterday in there even more

Last weeks numbers in the 2nd half even horse said he has never seen

There are major issues and it’s just we can’t compete with the best as we don’t have the calibre of players in there

I agree

hence enjoy a win

not many to come by the looks

to me it's coaching not talent

Our midfielders are good enough to do the basics like keeping awareness of an opponent surely

For the one centre bounce we stuffed up we had

Parker
Rowbottom
Gulden

versus

Sheezel
Wardlaw
greenwood

our 3 right now are better imo , I know their 2 look promising
You forgot Philips who gave us a bath to

You forgot Philips who gave us a bath to

I'm picking one centre bounce and the two groups there when they waltzed out in the 3rd at 13:33 to go

which is better right now

so if norf had 77 rotations don't we get another shot?

back there today !"?
Speculation is that part of the rule is you need to "undo" the 76th change, which means sheil back on and I think Powell off. To stop teams from just tanking the fk and 50 to get a star back on. (Imagine if there was 5 minutes left and Parker got stuck on the bench).

Haven't seen an official source though

Lots of doom and gloom in here and certainly still plenty of issues but my take is probably best summed up in the following tweet;

In fact I thought there were some good signs yesterday;
Contested marking from Franklin and Heeney and both were moving well
Hayward 9 marks
Parker warrior status
Gulden another influential game and runs as hard in the last minute as he does in the first
Warner led us for possessions and clearances
Rebound from Fox, Blakey as good as it's been in recent times (and yes some errors along the way, but I want to see us attacking with run and dare from the back 50)
McLean attacking the ball in the fwd line and important in the ruck late
Francis & McAndrew look as if they could have futures with us

Sure plenty to work on, but just watched the game back and I don't think it was as dire as many imagine.
Also Buddy interviewed after the game and it looked like a weight had been lifted from the team with a win.

Maybe it'll mean nothing in the long run, but I'll take a win any way we can.

We again cop a pantsing at clearances. This time from the worst team in the modern era.

The Chad and Parker, two of the three standard CB attendees, ended up getting @ lot of ball but this was in general player. The other standard attendee didn’t get the ball in clearances or in general play, but it seems that is not his role.

Even allowing our rucks are prolly in the bottom 6 of the Comp, surely our Mids must do better than they are.

Are our mids over rated or is our system woeful?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy The King influences Umpires a win over North by 3 points... #jessiewhitesque

Remove this Banner Ad

Back