VFL VFL round 15 v Frankston. Sunday July 7 1:05pm @ Kinetic stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Jen2310
Is Eyre being played forward with an eye to develop him as a true KPF or to develop as a multi-positional player or to protect his hammies (he can dictate when he turns / stops etc)…or just bc we need a VFL forward?

Talking to his dad indicates to me that it’s because there are opportunities up forward at the moment.
Whether or not it’s long term who knows. But for now it’s because there are opportunities up forward in the afl side.
But prob helps him ease through some games too. He doesn’t mind where he plays, he’s happy to help wherever they need him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess there wants much incentive for him given he would have been told he’s playing and coming off at halftime. You wouldn’t want to get injured so you’d go at half pace. (Atleast that’s what I’m telling myself )
They usually take them off if they want them for seniors. I wonder if AJs game might change that. Or maybe even both come in

We've been having this conversation for the last decade and for some odd reason Derek Hine keeps surviving.
It's hard for me to criticise him because we have just won a flag but I think it's the trades that were a big reason for that. He hasn't had many high end picks either but there have been a lot of fails.

It's hard for me to criticise him because we have just won a flag but I think it's the trades that were a big reason for that. He hasn't had many high end picks either but there have been a lot of fails.
He really hasn’t had any high picks to use. But the morris one looks bad as it stands. Time will tell

Any chance of getting some objective insight into how the team performed today?

I read this thread hoping for same, but all the discussion seems to be how crap some of our players are (notably Bytel), or why we didn't draft player X instead of player y, and of course Kappa s usual desultory summary.

Very depressing but I'm slightly intrigued as to how the team, which during the middle of the match appeared to be heading for a 10 goal loss, somehow managed to respond enough to only lose by under 2 goals.

Surely some of our players must have improved to spark the comeback? Maybe McRae did well in the middle? Did we start getting centre clearances and if so, how did that come about?

I got a sense that AJ did OK with 4+ goals, but apart from 1 or 2 incidental one line posts, no analysis of the match or celebration of our players achievements.

Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

🙄 do you understand how BF works? I reply to a ridiculous comment with another ridiculous comment, they haven’t invented the sarcasm font yet and yes I believe Reef won’t be playing as I’ve said.
Sorry, I was just about to call up my bank manager
Do you want me to start up a poll? The poll question is who won last year's premiership. Answer 1 is Craig McRae. Answer 2 is Derek Hine. My vote goes to Craig McRae.

I just don't understand why we keep choosing flankers. We needed a good developing forward
And we need badly some genuine mids to support Daicos x 2 once Mitchell Pendles Sidey and Crisp etc retire soon
So the fixation on flankers will bite us two fold

We've been having this conversation for the last decade and for some odd reason Derek Hine keeps surviving.
We did pick up Henry.
I guess the hope was that he would love the club and stay.

And we need badly some genuine mids to support Daicos x 2 once Mitchell Pendles Sidey and Crisp etc retire soon
So the fixation on flankers will bite us two fold
Do we include Maynard, McCreery and Quaynor as flanker selections?

Ash kicked 5 goals and while Reef was on 4 disposals and 1 point. If you can’t see that Reefs time at the pies is well and truly up. Time to stop hoping he does well and realise he just doesn’t have it.

He didn’t even play the second half, but he will be playing Friday night, they both might be now after Johnson’s performance

I just don't understand why we keep choosing flankers. We needed a good developing forward

We’ve drafted a bunch of developing forwards.

The problem is … they never developed.

Any chance of getting some objective insight into how the team performed today?

I read this thread hoping for same, but all the discussion seems to be how crap some of our players are (notably Bytel), or why we didn't draft player X instead of player y, and of course Kappa s usual desultory summary.

Very depressing but I'm slightly intrigued as to how the team, which during the middle of the match appeared to be heading for a 10 goal loss, somehow managed to respond enough to only lose by under 2 goals.

Surely some of our players must have improved to spark the comeback? Maybe McRae did well in the middle? Did we start getting centre clearances and if so, how did that come about?

I got a sense that AJ did OK with 4+ goals, but apart from 1 or 2 incidental one line posts, no analysis of the match or celebration of our players achievements.

Thoughts?
We were ordinary for most of the game save for a couple of 10min periods, quite similar to the seniors.

Macrae and co lifted albeit when Frankston took their foot off tbh in the last.

Very frustrating game without many postives. Johnson played well, Sullivan tried hard. Allan had a so so game. Big roo was competitive.

Demattia we probably all unfairly expect more

Reef was rested at half time, what else was he rested for? I’m not disagreeing that ash played better, but reef was rested. Whether you agree or not. That tells you he’s playing. What I said was simply facts that the commentators (and you it seems) have missed
I could see them both playing, there’s two key forward spots available with Howe presumably going back to cover Frampton going into the ruck and Mihocek.

We were ordinary for most of the game save for a couple of 10min periods, quite similar to the seniors.

Macrae and co lifted albeit when Frankston took their foot off tbh in the last.

Very frustrating game without many postives. Johnson played well, Sullivan tried hard. Allan had a so so game. Big roo was competitive.

Demattia we probably all unfairly expect more
Thanks for that, sounds like a fair synopsis.👍

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL round 15 v Frankston. Sunday July 7 1:05pm @ Kinetic stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back